Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
but reviews are subjective

But, all of that carries a big "ymmv" :)

Ain't that the truth. I have a box, in the back of my closet, labeled "Taste is subjective." It contains all kinds of vaping supplies that others deemed the best, the ultimate, or the must-have, including totally unvapeable juices, atties, and mods... :facepalm:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Ain't that the truth. I have a box, in the back of my closet, labeled "Taste is subjective." It contains all kinds of vaping supplies that others deemed the best, the ultimate, or the must-have, including totally unvapeable juices, atties, and mods... :facepalm:

We all have that box.... :)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    OK question time

I love ss316l in a 28 gauge single coil at around 5 or 6 wraps. I've tried 26 gauge in both my doggies, serpent mini and serpent elevate, but just find it takes that extra bit longer to ramp up - whereas the 28 gauge just hits straight away.

It's been no big deal until I've tried to use 28 gauge in a postless deck like the elevate - as the legs are plopped down, my last attempt just led to hot legs due to the coil deforming.

Is there any way to use 28 gauge in a deck like this? Thought maybe adding a bend in the bottom of the legs might help, but not sure ;) Or is there a better wire/coil to use?

Here's the deck
    dizuotu.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    OK question time

I love ss316l in a 28 gauge single coil at around 5 or 6 wraps. I've tried 26 gauge in both my doggies, serpent mini and serpent elevate, but just find it takes that extra bit longer to ramp up - whereas the 28 gauge just hits straight away.

It's been no big deal until I've tried to use 28 gauge in a postless deck like the elevate - as the legs are plopped down, my last attempt just led to hot legs due to the coil deforming.

Is there any way to use 28 gauge in a deck like this? Thought maybe adding a bend in the bottom of the legs might help, but not sure ;) Or is there a better wire/coil to use?

Here's the deck
    dizuotu.jpg
    Adding the bend won't hurt anything and the resistance change is minimal.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    OK question time

Here's the deck
    dizuotu.jpg
    How many watts were you using with the 26g & the 28g?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I think so. What did the coil ohm out to?

0.48 ohms, maybe a wrap less would help too. Just don't like an overly warm vape. Definately hitting faster at 30 watts - I'm offically a modwomper :rolleyes:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    OK. Then you're on the right track. You just need to find the wattage that makes you happy. 26g ss coils are slowish. I only use 28g myself.

Yup, think that's half the problem - I'm so used to 28 gauge coils

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    OK question time

Here's the deck
    dizuotu.jpg
    In post less decks that won't hold my preferred 26g, I will wrap a parallel coil with twisted leads/legs.
    That usually gives the screws more wire area to grab.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    In post less decks that won't hold my preferred 26g, I will wrap a parallel coil with twisted leads/legs.
    That usually gives the screws more wire area to grab.

Good thinking macduff :thumb:

I got a 28 gauge coil into the elevate this morning, using hooked legs - no hotspots, or hot legs. It's not the prettiest coil I've installed :lol: but it vapes AWESOME :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread