RTAs for a restricted lung hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
5EDE353F-22B1-4253-AB05-5942D335A357.png
I ordered the steam crave Aromamizer Lite for mtl/rdl.

https://shop.steamcrave.com/aromamizerliterta_p0993.html

Wonder if it’ll do mtl. Someone who has it already says it does do both mtl & rdl. We’ll see.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
View attachment 805001 I ordered the steam crave Aromamizer Lite for mtl/rdl.

AROMAMIZER LITE RTA 23mm (20% off coupon code " RJBJUEFY " ),Aromamizer Lite RTA NEW !

Wonder if it’ll do mtl. Someone who has it already says it does do both mtl & rdl. We’ll see.
I already have it on my wish list. Waiting for some real user reviews.

Back to the Hasturs. I opened the second one. It indeed has an af hole thingy already in it. I replaced it with the second size down restrictor, af open full. First one I have the af set about 1/2 at the moment, original restrictor still in from yesterday’s build. Similar results in pull and flavor. It definitely falls into the Goldilocks zone, though it’s capable of being quite mtl if you used the smaller restrictors. Flavor is good, easy to build and wick (first one I built yesterday dead tired and loopy, so it wins on easy). Cons... it does seem a tad thirsty (this one is 0.9 at 14w, rayon). Also, the dt is a little too thick for me, but I rarely like a stock dt so ymmv. I give it thumbs up. I’ll run it side by side with the Fresia and Silverplay and see how they compare tomorrow, hopefully.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

I just want to know what the size of that air hole under the coil is. I looked at the pictures and can't figure it out at all... Never had an Aromamizer, but I've heard good things about it (the big ones). Hmm... Interesting.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It definitely falls into the Goldilocks zone, though it’s capable of being quite mtl if you used the smaller restrictors.

:thumb:
Flavor is good, easy to build and wick (first one I built yesterday dead tired and loopy, so it wins on easy).

I like easy. :thumb: And I like those restrictors. I figure that both the 2 mm and the 2.5 mm will suit me just fine!
Cons... it does seem a tad thirsty (this one is 0.9 at 14w, rayon).

Yeah. I guess most of those newer atties are thirsty. As long as I can get the draw I want, and an easy build, I'll deal with increased juice consumption.
Also, the dt is a little too thick for me, but I rarely like a stock dt so ymmv.

Agreed. I don't like those short stubby DTs either. Minor problem--I have plenty of DTs. ;)
I’ll run it side by side with the Fresia and Silverplay and see how they compare tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks, Mel. :wub:

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
One of the development team at steam crave is on a UK forum and he says it shines in both mtl and restricted dtl.
I've actually just picked up my original aromamizer for a vape. I see why people love them, they really will wick anything. Put some old dripworx (purely for drippers high vg juice) in and zero issue's with top tier flavour.
It's funny how the restricted lung tanks have developed.
Mrs blackwings has always used a kanger subtank (we both bought atlantis tanks on release but she switched to the more versatile subtank) and going back and using both the Atlantis and subtank, they both would be considered quite restrictive dtl now. They where as big and as low as you could buy off the shelf when released.
Really enjoying some old flavours in old tanks currently. The flavours taste right.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
@NolaMel Can you confirm that your vendor sells the recent version with the glass tube firmly attached to the top cap? Thanks again!
I got the last two black ones they had. One was new stock, one was old. Already ordered the replacement cap from FT. It wsa under $3. The one I built today is a silver from China (can’t remember which vendor, but I think 3avape since it took eons). It’s new style.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looking forward to your report on the Aromamizer lite @Heartsdelight - I googled the heck out of it yesterday, and thought it had loads of potential :thumb:

@NolaMel - I'm getting a hastur next, by the sounds of it, the 2.5mm insert will be perfect :wub:

I ordered the Hotcig Centaur Mini RTA today, found it for $15 at Cigabuy (went there to order the Hastur :rolleyes:)
    Here's the link for the centaur mini:
    Authentic Hotcig Centaur Mini RTA 2/4ml 22mm - Silver

I watched the only review I could find in English AFTER I bought it :rolleyes: Summing up whats he said:

Bad points:
    - airflow control ring has no stopper, so it's hard to unscrew the deck (needs a doggy screwdriver :rolleyes:)
    - 3mm airflow hole makes it very very restricted for direct to lung
    - hex screw heads are tiny

Good points:
    - awesome machinery
    - easy to build and wick
    - awesome flavour

I'll let ya all know in two weeks ;)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    I just want to know what the size of that air hole under the coil is. I looked at the pictures and can't figure it out at all... Never had an Aromamizer, but I've heard good things about it (the big ones). Hmm... Interesting.
    I’ll post it when mine arrives.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    From what I've seen of the deck I think the "under coil airflow" is an exaggeration.
    I think the air enter's the side bottom of the coil like all previous steam crave tanks. You just have a choice of small airflow holes on the airflow ring.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    From what I've seen of the deck I think the "under coil airflow" is an exaggeration.
    I think the air enter's the side bottom of the coil like all previous steam crave tanks. You just have a choice of small airflow holes on the airflow ring.
    Oh yeah you’re right! Guess I won’t be measuring the air flow under the coil.

Reactions: Black wings

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Oh yeah you’re right! Guess I won’t be measuring the air flow under the coil.

Here's the deck

7RgK9kX.jpg

And some info:

The Aromamizer Lite version is a small diameter tank at only 23mm so you shouldn’t struggle to find a mod it fits on – unlike the Titan!

The deck is designed for a single coil build and hopefully very easy to build.

There is a bottom airflow inlet which you can adjust to your preference with lots of flexibility
    This RTA is designed to allow MTL or DTL vaping.

In order to be able to accommodate both types of airflow there is a slot system for DTL and small inlet holes for the MTL settings.aromamizer lite rta airflow options

The airflow comes up through the deck and hits under the single coil.

With a 3.5ml capacity as standard and an included 4.5 bubble glass you shouldn’t need to be topping this up very often – especially in MTL mode!
    There are 2 colours to choose from – Stainless Steel and Black, kit also includes 2 drip tips – a small diameter one for MTL and a larger one for DTL.
    To refill remove the top cap and you will be able to access the fill ports.
    xHVTfmS.jpg

Edited to add: had a kitty helping me type/paste :rolleyes:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Here's the deck

7RgK9kX.jpg

And some info:

The Aromamizer Lite version is a small diameter tank at only 23mm so you shouldn’t struggle to find a mod it fits on – unlike the Titan!

There is a bottom airflow inlet which you can adjust to your preference with lots of flexibility

In order to be able to accommodate both types of airflow there is a slot system for DTL and small inlet holes for the MTL settings.aromamizer lite rta airflow options

With a 3.5ml capacity as standard and an included 4.5 bubble glass you shouldn’t need to be topping this up very often – especially in MTL mode!
    There are 2 colours to choose from – Stainless Steel and Black, kit also includes 2 drip tips – a small diameter one for MTL and a larger one for DTL.
    xHVTfmS.jpg

Thanks! I totally forgot about the postless deck :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Yeah, I looked last night and couldn't quite figure out that part... Still can't.
    proxy.php

I'm so used to the Kayfun build that I can't visualize this setup. The only non-Kayfun atty I have is the Obs Engine nano, which is still a mystery to me. And no, I didn't buy--I won it and I'm sure what to do with it. :lol:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    Here's the deck

7RgK9kX.jpg

And some info:

xHVTfmS.jpg

What a weird coil mounting....probably for easy coil mounting you have to wind wire counterclockwise.... nah I pass...

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Normally I like velocity decks,,, this deck is good too-but I don't know the name of this style,,,,, anyone ?? ?

Postless deck. N/m.

Fresia has a regular raised deck (with screws to capture wire), but it features "world’s first T.I.T. (Tube In Tube) AFC system." :D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread