New Zealand

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    but I do still have kangertech atty and rba+drop in coils for it.....

Kanger Subtank is extremely versatile and user friendly. It works with all kinds of coils, including Aspire BVC (regular, not Nautilus) coils for a nice, tight MTL vape. And FT sells all kinds of parts for it--original and otherwise--like spare glass tubes, acrylic domes, building decks etc. It's a good investment.
    I have never really owned the other brand of drop in coil mods. Smok,, kfun?..

Smok yes, Kayfuns are RTA only--no drop in coils. I'm not a big fan of Smok atties, but YMMV.
    Is there a coil that seems to be available forever for tank styles and still seems to fit into newer tanks?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The only coil that will be available forever is the one you build yourself--28 g Kanthal or stainless steel, 2.5 mm ID, works on all of my atomizers. I use my Kuro winder and make those coils all the time. Wire and cotton or rayon will never be banned. As for drop-in coils, who knows. I like my eGo One atomizer with CLR coils--those are drop-in rebuildable coils. They can be dry burned, rewicked many times, and they are ridiculosly easy to rebuild, so technically, those few boxes of CLR coils I own will probably outlive me. ;) And they are inexpensive--both the atties and the coils. I like the Mega eGo Ones, v1 or v2, 4 ml capacity.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Zenith is nice, but the coils are not rebuildable.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Back onto RTA decks :lol:

My all time best behaved RTA is the wotofo serpent mini. Easy deck to build and wick, never leaks, seeps or throws a wobbly and awesome flavour. But it has a 4mm airflow hole so is a tad too airy and it's 2ml and drinks like a fish ;)

I thought the deck on the hoticig centaur mini RTA looked really familiar. Figured out why - it's pretty close to the deck of the serpent mini.

serpentvcentaur.jpg

Serpent MINI RTA on left - hotcig centaur mini RTA on right.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I know we're in an RTA thread but OT for a question:

What bf RDAs are there available in the airy mtl (around a 2.5mm airflow hole) draw?
    I like the super cheap Ammit mtl rda. But, my favorite is the Atmizoo Creek (I won it in a holiday drawing). I never put the mtl kit in it, just perfect as it arrived. Beautiful to look at and vape. They make a vapeshell and tanks... I’d love to try one of the tanks, but the price! I also have the galaxies rdta. With the internal screws backed out, the rdta is pretty solid. I use it with the dovpo when I’m on the road. Less frequent bottle squishing, more focus on the highway

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    TIT refers to the AFC system (combination of AF both inside and outside the tube under the coil)--not the deck. The deck is just a plain old raised deck.

I'm not sure if I'm answering your question--heck, I'm not even sure if you asked a question. :lol:
    I guess it was a “not question” question :lol:. It looks like a plain ol rta when it’s open. I’ll take your, and their, word that there’s some magic double af going on.

Reactions: KC0YNU

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
    Kanger Subtank is extremely versatile and user friendly. It works with all kinds of coils, including Aspire BVC (regular, not Nautilus) coils for a nice, tight MTL vape. And FT sells all kinds of parts for it--original and otherwise--like spare glass tubes, acrylic domes, building decks etc. It's a good investment.

Smok yes, Kayfuns are RTA only--no drop in coils. I'm not a big fan of Smok atties, but YMMV.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The only coil that will be available forever is the one you build yourself--28 g Kanthal or stainless steel, 2.5 mm ID, works on all of my atomizers. I use my Kuro winder and make those coils all the time. Wire and cotton or rayon will never be banned. As for drop-in coils, who knows. I like my eGo One atomizer with CLR coils--those are drop-in rebuildable coils. They can be dry burned, rewicked many times, and they are ridiculosly easy to rebuild, so technically, those few boxes of CLR coils I own will probably outlive me. ;) And they are inexpensive--both the atties and the coils. I like the Mega eGo Ones, v1 or v2, 4 ml capacity.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Zenith is nice, but the coils are not rebuildable.
    I am thinking I should just stock pile the kangertech coils,, I have the tanks and extra glass .+rba decks) ..i looked at others but their ohms were out of my desired range .. Do I love them? No,, but they are good enough. I did go to kangertech website the other day ,, they don't seem to have much going on.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I am thinking I should just stock pile the kangertech coils,

It is of course your decision; if stockpiling makes you feel better, by all means, do what you feel is right for you. Me, I have been told in early 2010 when I first joined this forum to start stockpiling because the FDA is cracking down of e-cig shipments from China. I'm glad I didn't listen--I'd be sitting on dozens of cigalikes and Bloog, 4081, and kr808 cartomizers to this day. :lol:

Vaping is not going anywhere, IMHO. The toothpaste is out of the tube, the genie is out of the bottle, etc. They may make things more difficult to get, more expensive, whatever. But before that day comes, I'll be enjoying new toys, innovation and the fun stuff that this golden age of vaping still has to offer. I have my nic in the freezer--not too much, I buy 1 liter every now and then when I'm low. Never had any issues and never had to buy an extra freezer like some doomsayers here recommend. I go with the flow, help with advocacy when my voice (letters, phone calls) or donations to CASAA (and other causes) are needed, but I other than that I'm just enjoying the ride. YMMV, as always.

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    It is of course your decision; if stockpiling makes you feel better, by all means, do what you feel is right for you. Me, I have been told in early 2010 when I first joined this forum to start stockpiling because the FDA is cracking down of e-cig shipments from China. I'm glad I didn't listen--I'd be sitting on dozens of cigalikes and Bloog, 4081, and kr808 cartomizers to this day. :lol:

Vaping is not going anywhere, IMHO. The toothpaste is out of the tube, the genie is out of the bottle, etc. They may make things more difficult to get, more expensive, whatever. But before that day comes, I'll be enjoying new toys, innovation and the fun stuff that this golden age of vaping still has to offer. I have my nic in the freezer--not too much, I buy 1 liter every now and then when I'm low. Never had any issues and never had to buy an extra freezer like some doomsayers here recommend. I go with the flow, help with advocacy when my voice (letters, phone calls) or donations to CASAA (and other causes) are needed, but I other than that I'm just enjoying the ride. YMMV, as always.
    Good idea especially since I'm allergic to owning too much stuff... I already feel "bad" with my nic stash, about a gallon. Not sure,, I have given some away. I vape so Little nic it's almost not worth having,, but I keep it around for my husband.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    So many rda's it's untrue. Spent 18 month's testing them weekly.
    The eden mods salix is excellent
    Check out the ft squonk thread for loads.
    The strike 18 is still the best mtl bf rda I've ever used.
    Have a look and hide your cash.
    Squonking at Fasttech: FastTech Forums

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    I know we're in an RTA thread but OT for a question:

What bf RDAs are there available in the airy mtl (around a 2.5mm airflow hole) draw?
    I’m far from an expert, but the best flavor BF RDA of the few I’ve tried is the SXK Le Concorde:

$12.59 SXK Le Concorde Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It sports 3 x 1.7mm holes on only one side of the deck. You can use either the single hole or the cyclops opening on the top cap. I usually use the cyclops over 2 of the 3 holes, but I’ll sometimes run with the single center hole or with all 3 holes with the cyclops-style cut-out. However, the Le Concorde is easy to over-squonk and therefore requires a gentle squonk. The flat-head post screws can be a bit of a bugger, but I don’t replace my coil all that often. I place my coil slightly closer to the holes from the center of the deck.

The NarDA is also good, but is a bit more airy. Air is fed through an adjustable, approximately 1.6mm x 3mm slot located on each side of the deck. I’d consider getting the NarCA if I were to buy one now, as it looks like the positioning of the posts makes it easier to build and it supposedly provides the same vape experience. See Todd’s reviews of the originals. However, the deck of the NarCA doesn’t have a lip for the top cap to sit on - which I don’t care for design-wise - and you’re more limited in choosing alternative drip tips. The NarDA is a bit more forgiving than the Le Concorde with respect to over-squonking.

As far as ease of use goes though, it’s hard to beat the Vapefly Galaxies Squonk MTL RDTA.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    I’m far from an expert, but the best flavor BF RDA of the few I’ve tried is the SXK Le Concorde:

$12.59 SXK Le Concorde Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It sports 3 x 1.7mm holes on only one side of the deck. You can use either the single hole or the cyclops opening on the top cap. I usually use the cyclops over 2 of the 3 holes, but I’ll sometimes run with the single center hole or with all 3 holes with the cyclops-style cut-out. However, the Le Concorde is easy to over-squonk and therefore requires a gentle squonk. The flat-head post screws can be a bit of a bugger, but I don’t replace my coil all that often. I place my coil slightly closer to the holes from the center of the deck.

The NarDA is also good, but is a bit more airy. Air is fed through an adjustable, approximately 1.6mm x 3mm slot located on each side of the deck. I’d consider getting the NarCA if I were to buy one now, as it looks like the positioning of the posts makes it easier to build and it supposedly provides the same vape experience. See Todd’s reviews of the originals. However, the deck of the NarCA doesn’t have a lip for the top cap to sit on - which I don’t care for design-wise - and you’re more limited in choosing alternative drip tips. The NarDA is a bit more forgiving than the Le Concorde with respect to over-squonking.

As far as ease of use goes though, it’s hard to beat the Vapefly Galaxies Squonk MTL RDTA.
    If you like the le Concorde you'd probably love khv's (dvarw maker) jorda b. (Clone available on ft) very similar deck design but more compact, plus two cap design's from one small airflow hole up to two large ones. Very good indeed.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Wow, what a thread! Read the whole thing whilst "working"

I have found myself back into seeking out the restrictive draw style in the past year. I busted out my roxy:wub: Augvape Merlins again as well as the Siren V2, and grabbed a single coil Paradox RDA which is rl. Thanks for the great thread folks!
    auxw8h.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Wow, what a thread! Read the whole thing whilst "working"

I have found myself back into seeking out the restrictive draw style in the past year. I busted out my roxy:wub: Augvape Merlins again as well as the Siren V2, and grabbed a single coil Paradox RDA which is rl. Thanks for the great thread folks!
    auxw8h.jpg

I am amazed you are still sane after reading this thread :lol: Have you tried the Merlin mtl ?

LOVE the mod :wub:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    If you like the le Concorde you'd probably love khv's (dvarw maker) jorda b. (Clone available on ft) very similar deck design but more compact, plus two cap design's from one small airflow hole up to two large ones. Very good indeed.
    You’re probably right. The air hole configuration - 2 or 3 - makes more sense than a single or a cyclops, and the juice well seems considerably deeper.

MMW

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    I am amazed you are still sane after reading this thread :lol: Have you tried the Merlin mtl ?

LOVE the mod :wub:
    Hi Ange. No I haven't tried the Merlin MTL. I have a few Minis and a bunch of original Merlins. Have you tried them?

The mod is a Monarch dual 20700 parallel mechanical from Aspen Mod Co. Ruby Roo and her hubby Josh own it. Its name is Foos. They name their mods instead of serializing.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Ange. No I haven't tried the Merlin MTL. I have a few Minis and a bunch of original Merlins. Have you tried them?

The mod is a Monarch dual 20700 parallel mechanical from Aspen Mod Co. Ruby Roo and her hubby Josh own it. Its name is Foos. They name their mods instead of serializing.

Nah not yet with the merlins, but they are on the wishlist ;)

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    Wow, thanks!
    Apologies for the slight back step but I've just seen this.
    Source more (excellent vendor, top service) have the illusion mini on sale.
    Lovely design a little like a mini Griffin but for stock coils. Takes both Atlantis style and baby beast style coils (both coil designs are available from scores of manufacturers). 3ml and top fill for less than $10 to your door.
    May be worth buying for your just in case box.
    https://www.sourcemore.com/geek-vap...adjustable-bottom-airflow-3ml-tank-black.html

kross8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2016
    Apologies for the slight back step but I've just seen this.
    Source more (excellent vendor, top service) have the illusion mini on sale.
    Lovely design a little like a mini Griffin but for stock coils. Takes both Atlantis style and baby beast style coils (both coil designs are available from scores of manufacturers). 3ml and top fill for less than $10 to your door.
    May be worth buying for your just in case box.
    https://www.sourcemore.com/geek-vap...adjustable-bottom-airflow-3ml-tank-black.html
    thank you Black wings for digging around for me. That is a very cheap price. I plan to stick with kangertech but this would be good for me to stock pile for my sister who isn't ready right now for vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread