chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have used Ilumn quite a few times, always top quality never a problem.

Just looking at the biggest mAh on a battery is not a good thing. Those 10A Panasonic NCR18650PF (2900mAh) would be good an old 20W/30W mod of yesteryear or even a low wattage flashlight. They should not be used in any of our current mods, and the other Panasonics (3400mAh and 3200mAh) they have listed are less than 5A and are of no use at all.

3000 mAh is the highest capacity of 18650 that we can use, the Samsung 30Q, LG HG2 and the Sony VTC6 are all great choices. If you are looking for batteries for your Hexohm I would go with the Sony VTC5A for higher power.

Mooch has a excellent series on batteries, Episode 3 covers battery current and batteries for regulated mods.

I listened as long as I could, maybe to half. I. Just. Cannot. for too long..it starts to sound like wah...wah...wah...my ADD is all over the place. I did learn that you can charge batteries at any time. Something I have been told not to do. Pop in mod, vape for 5 minutes, then charge again. This is alright, although there is rarely an instance when one would need to do that. I am just going to buy Sony's over 20A from here on out and label them with carton wraps so I know which ones go to which mods

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I have used Ilumn quite a few times, always top quality never a problem.

Just looking at the biggest mAh on a battery is not a good thing. Those 10A Panasonic NCR18650PF (2900mAh) would be good an old 20W/30W mod of yesteryear or even a low wattage flashlight. They should not be used in any of our current mods, and the other Panasonics (3400mAh and 3200mAh) they have listed are less than 5A and are of no use at all.

3000 mAh is the highest capacity of 18650 that we can use, the Samsung 30Q, LG HG2 and the Sony VTC6 are all great choices. If you are looking for batteries for your Hexohm I would go with the Sony VTC5A for higher power.

Mooch has a excellent series on batteries, Episode 3 covers battery current and batteries for regulated mods.

Thanks TD. I am going to toss the Panny's aside.I use the Hex for quality and looks and I like the form, not for high wattage as I rarely go above 60watts. I like a 2 battery mod because I like long life.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Just wanted to show you the free T from OoO before I destroy it. I’m all about free/ cheap T shirts. Looks all wrinkly in the photo, but it’s kind of cute I think.
22C59081-0015-4402-BA27-FE9344FCF4A4.jpeg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I think I’m at a vape stalemate :(. I have a couple dozen lovely, empty gorilla bottles, but too many new recipes steeping before I can start mixing more. I can’t find a mod that I want more than my DBs, except for the affair I’m having with the Jac. It’s almost a tube, but has enough shape to have a nice hand feel. But it’s only a single battery. I don’t neeeeeeeed more tanks, but eh, maybe. I’m blaming it all on heading into week two of insomnia/ night terrors.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I listened as long as I could, maybe to half. I. Just. Cannot. for too long..it starts to sound like wah...wah...wah...my ADD is all over the place. I did learn that you can charge batteries at any time. Something I have been told not to do. Pop in mod, vape for 5 minutes, then charge again. This is alright, although there is rarely an instance when one would need to do that. I am just going to buy Sony's over 20A from here on out and label them with carton wraps so I know which ones go to which mods

Thanks TD. I am going to toss the Panny's aside.I use the Hex for quality and looks and I like the form, not for high wattage as I rarely go above 60watts. I like a 2 battery mod because I like long life.

He does get a little technical in his videos but that's his game. There is a lot of poor info that floats around the vaping community. I had a conversation about Mooch and regulated current draw with another B&M owner who told me that Mooch's info was a little dated. o_O Yes, because Mooch wouldn't know as much about batteries as the guy who runs a vape shop... :facepalm:

The HG2's or VTC6's would give you the longest life in the HexOhm or any other mod since you are only using around 60W, great batteries. I mark the name of the mod with the battery number on the batteries with a sharpie then put a piece of transparent scotch tape over the writing. I number the cells because I like to swap their position in the mod after every other charge.

Never did get a HexOhm, I'd love to have the Sriracha version but too spendy for me.
sh_hexohm_sriracha_1024x1024.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
He does get a little technical in his videos but that's his game. There is a lot of poor info that floats around the vaping community. I had a conversation about Mooch and regulated current draw with another B&M owner who told me that Mooch's info was a little dated. o_O Yes, because Mooch wouldn't know as much about batteries as the guy who runs a vape shop... :facepalm:

The HG2's or VTC6's would give you the longest life in the HexOhm or any other mod since you are only using around 60W, great batteries. I mark the name of the mod with the battery number on the batteries with a sharpie then put a piece of transparent scotch tape over the writing. I number the cells because I like to swap their position in the mod after every other charge.

Never did get a HexOhm, I'd love to have the Sriracha version but too spendy for me.
sh_hexohm_sriracha_1024x1024.jpg
Crazy Chef had his for sale at VU. May have sold by now, haven't looked at the thread lately.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I think I’m at a vape stalemate :(. I have a couple dozen lovely, empty gorilla bottles, but too many new recipes steeping before I can start mixing more. I can’t find a mod that I want more than my DBs, except for the affair I’m having with the Jac. It’s almost a tube, but has enough shape to have a nice hand feel. But it’s only a single battery. I don’t neeeeeeeed more tanks, but eh, maybe. I’m blaming it all on heading into week two of insomnia/ night terrors.
I know what you want, baby.

It's only a matter of time.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Lovely, 2x700?
Hey :) Hope you keeping well sweets x

So ...

18650, 20700 or 21700 single battery 100w SX485J chip mod. Max tank 28mm

Also coming in Stabwood versions.

Pics are from my good friend Jack..aka Deucesjack.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Running joke since Easter-ish.

She's on a path to the Dark Side of temperature control and something exotic. Maybe even on a squonker for the trifecta.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hey :) Hope you keeping well sweets x

So ...

18650, 20700 or 21700 single battery 100w SX485J chip mod. Max tank 28mm

Also coming in Stabwood versions.

Pics are from my good friend Jack..aka Deucesjack.
flirt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread