PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I just got a GeekVape Creed RTA. Installed coils and wicked it today. It is a confusing tank because there are three interchangeable airflow chambers but finding info on what each chamber does is difficult. It is a major PITA to install the coils too. I had no problem wicking it at all. Of course, I chose one of the two side airflow chambers for my tank and it was awful! Turns out, those are meant for custards and other thick, maybe max VG e-liquids. For fruit vapes, which all of mine are, the one that closes off the side airflow is best. Changing the chamber after filling is messy. It is done now and I am using it on my Therion 75C with Replay, vaping Iced Cranberry Gin. The flavor is great and it doesn't leak ONE BIT! The 6.5ml juice capacity is a huge plus. I like it and might even love it. Time will tell. :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just got a GeekVape Creed RTA. Installed coils and wicked it today. It is a confusing tank because there are three interchangeable airflow chambers but finding info on what each chamber does is difficult. It is a major PITA to install the coils too. I had no problem wicking it at all. Of course, I chose one of the two side airflow chambers for my tank and it was awful! Turns out, those are meant for custards and other thick, maybe max VG e-liquids. For fruit vapes, which all of mine are, the one that closes off the side airflow is best. Changing the chamber after filling is messy. It is done now and I am using it on my Therion 75C with Replay, vaping Iced Cranberry Gin. The flavor is great and it doesn't leak ONE BIT! The 6.5ml juice capacity is a huge plus. I like it and might even love it. Time will tell. :)

It’s a nice looking RTA. Which color did you get? How did you find out which airflow chamber is for a specific juice? I can’t find anything about it. It’s a great idea though.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have enjoyed my Drop Solo so much, I haven't done anything else. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the Drop Solo!! That’s similar to my problem too. I got the Recurve & Wasp at the same time I bought the Nudge 22 and I’m in love with the Nudge 22 & don’t want to put it down lol!
Ive been looking at the vids and reviews of the Drop Solo. The airflow kind of reminds me of how the af is on the Recurve- side af with the holes slightly angled down. Have you tried a Recurve? I’m wondering how much difference there is between the Drop Solo and the Recurve.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
Built a 28ga kanthal coil to 1.3 ohm, put it in wasp wicked and primed. Placed that on pulse with a Samsung 3000mah 30Q battery with adapter, and filled with OM Vapors Cobra 9mg WTA juice.

bottle is about half empty already. LOL

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
39104737_10217086823104148_6551811437105250304_n.jpg

I'm fuller than a tick on Roseanne Barr's ... oh, never mind.

I'm mod shopping again, and my $50 rule guideline is back in force.

That was chicken and bacon fried rice. There were no leftovers and Lucy was disappointed.

20161202_114606.jpg

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
It’s a nice looking RTA. Which color did you get? How did you find out which airflow chamber is for a specific juice? I can’t find anything about it. It’s a great idea though.

I bought it in black which is unusual for me. All of my rtas are gold or rainbow. I figured since the Creed is the matte sandblasted finish, it would look good on my black Therion. It really does match it quite well. Vaping With Vic has a YouTube video on the Creed and mentions, at the VERY end of the video, that the side airflow chambers work best with custards and the like. The one that closes off the side airflow, he says, is better for fruit and drink juices.

I bought it from Direct Vapor for $33.99 with free shipping on that item.
GeekVape Creed 6.5ml RTA Vape Tank

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I bought it in black which is unusual for me. All of my rtas are gold or rainbow. I figured since the Creed is the matte sandblasted finish, it would look good on my black Therion. It really does match it quite well. Vaping With Vic has a YouTube video on the Creed and mentions, at the VERY end of the video, that the side airflow chambers work best with custards and the like. The one that closes off the side airflow, he says, is better for fruit and drink juices.

I bought it from Direct Vapor for $33.99 with free shipping on that item.
GeekVape Creed 6.5ml RTA Vape Tank

How airy is it? Looks like a pretty small af hole.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
How airy is it? Looks like a pretty small af hole.

It is as airy as you want it to be. The two bottom AF holes are a good size and you get more by using one of the side AF chambers.

Oh, did I mention that it DOES NOT LEAK!!! A miracle! :)

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the Drop Solo!! That’s similar to my problem too. I got the Recurve & Wasp at the same time I bought the Nudge 22 and I’m in love with the Nudge 22 & don’t want to put it down lol!
Ive been looking at the vids and reviews of the Drop Solo. The airflow kind of reminds me of how the af is on the Recurve- side af with the holes slightly angled down. Have you tried a Recurve? I’m wondering how much difference there is between the Drop Solo and the Recurve.
I haven't tried the recurve yet. I may be adding it to a wish list soon.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I am also thinking of another Minikin 2 - I currently own one, and my only thought is the longevity of the mod. If the touch screen goes awry there is no way to adjust settings. I have only had mine for about a month, and in my book it's a rather pricey mod to take a chance with. Has anyone owned one for a good while?

What I mean is, I can get another Modefinined Sirius for $35 shipped, whereas the Minikin is roughly $60.00. I am both cheap and broke :)

Also the Sirius I am thinking of getting would be red as I already have a grey and a blue. So I would need a red atomizer, and I haven't seen one that strikes my fancy in red, any suggestions? I like bottom airflow, tank atomizer, extremely good airflow (I figure I can always adjust the airflow down, but never up) If an atomizer with the airflow fully open isn't airy enough, it's pretty much unusable in my opinion. I have tried top airflow in the past and haven't really found one to my liking.
My first Miniken is over a year old. Has been dropped and gets bumped around in my purse all the time. I am not easy on my mods. No problems so far

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
They’re pretty similar it looks like, but I think the raw is darker, the SR being the lightest and more silver than gray.

But I’d have to see them all in person to be sure. When my SR gets here, if anyone would like to send me their raw and RM I’ll gladly compare them.
I will take a picture tomorrow of them side by side.
Rotten metal (AKA Dirty Metal) is the darkest I think. It is kind of scratched scarred looking in a nice way.
Raw is more of a brushed finished. You can kind of see the swirls in it. I do not have it.
Silver Relic is the lightest and the finish looks like it is made out of silver. It matches all of my silver bracelets very well.
There is also a silver chrome one that I am not interested in at all because I do not like fingerprints. My pink one is not chrome and I love the finish on it and never see a fingerprint.

Users who are viewing this thread