Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I did decide to give the wasp another try.
Threw one in the cart when I ordered nord coils. Doesnt look too bad and flavor is pretty good.
View attachment 793059
My favorite build for it is a 7 wrap, 20ga wire, 3mm diameter Kanthal, clocks at around .3 ohms. Flavorful vape. You need a lot of turns for those attys!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I should have bought the Traversei was looking at last month. My Silverado is lousy in the snow. We only got 2” or less and I slid through every stop sing -7- there and back. A cop followed me home lol.

If she’s stopped me, I was going to ask her if that’s an Explorer she’s driving. Because she sure wasn’t sliding.
I miss the Ecosport (same thing). The Jeep sure is heavier.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
29F7A193-9D66-4BC0-A67F-55E3309D3C70.jpeg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Good morning all.

Bitter cold and snowing here in Toronto. Perfect weekend to binge on munchies and Netflix – think I’ll have to give my personal chef Uber a call. Also a good weekend to spend some quality time with the kitty. She has been extra affectionate lately since I agreed to purchase a Retro Encabulator for her Dooms Day machine – hence the lack of shiny’s from me. And who said cats are cheap pets (masters).

This morning I woke up to her sitting, purring just inches away from my face. After breakfast we played jump on my shoulders, jump off my shoulders with purring headbutts for a good 20 minutes followed by belly and chin scratches while laying on my keyboard. She is currently in the living room yelling for me - I suspect she wants me to move the couch so she can retrieve a toy….or better put, so I can retrieve a toy for her to swat back under the couch. She gets great amusement from this. I can only laugh.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I should have bought the Traversei was looking at last month. My Silverado is lousy in the snow. We only got 2” or less and I slid through every stop sing -7- there and back. A cop followed me home lol.

If she’s stopped me, I was going to ask her if that’s an Explorer she’s driving. Because she sure wasn’t sliding.
Perhaps just some better tires are in order? Something winter/snow rated (with the tri-peak mountain and snowflake symbol, not just a M+S (mud and snow rating)):

5R2nWEE.png

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

Put some weight in the bed, if you haven’t. Should help the swing slide slip ;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Actual snow tires do help a lot. I found that despite traction control, ABS, all that stuff (although a manual transmission is real handy for engine braking) going slow and rolling up to the stop sign then light pressure on the brake for the stop is reliable. When I drove a rear wheel drive I'd always try to get extra weight over the rear wheels to help weigh it down. For a small car I used 2 20 pound bags of kitty litter, one over each wheel well. Served a dual function if you were parked snowed in and needed to throw some under the tires for extra traction to get yourself out.

And there's always the nerve wracking controlled skid when an actual turn would make you spin out. I hate winter driving.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good morning all.

Bitter cold and snowing here in Toronto. Perfect weekend to binge on munchies and Netflix – think I’ll have to give my personal chef Uber a call. Also a good weekend to spend some quality time with the kitty. She has been extra affectionate lately since I agreed to purchase a Retro Encabulator for her Dooms Day machine – hence the lack of shiny’s from me. And who said cats are cheap pets (masters).

This morning I woke up to her sitting, purring just inches away from my face. After breakfast we played jump on my shoulders, jump off my shoulders with purring headbutts for a good 20 minutes followed by belly and chin scratches while laying on my keyboard. She is currently in the living room yelling for me - I suspect she wants me to move the couch so she can retrieve a toy….or better put, so I can retrieve a toy for her to swat back under the couch. She gets great amusement from this. I can only laugh.
    They learn how to train us humans very quickly. :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    All this snow talk,better go buy some milk and bread.
    Too late. They’re all out. Lol. I’ve been snowed in for over a week in a surprise blizzard. I never blow off snow predictions, and never wait till the last minute.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Put some weight in the bed, if you haven’t. Should help the swing slide slip ;)
    My husband had steel blocks about the size of a boot box he’d put in it. But they weigh about 80lbs each. I can’t lift them. I can’t put a bunch of stuff in it, because that’s where I put the groceries. Luckily I don’t have to go anywhere usually when it’s crappy out.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My husband had steel blocks about the size of a boot box he’d put in it. But they weigh about 80lbs each. I can’t lift them. I can’t put a bunch of stuff in it, because that’s where I put the groceries. Luckily I don’t have to go anywhere usually when it’s crappy out.
    You buy enough groceries to fill a truck bed :w00t:? I’m going shopping with you!
    My mom is 83 and quite resourceful. She went to Home Depot, bought 4 bags of quik-crete. Had them put 2 bags over each wheel well. When they got wet, they turned into four bags of sealed concrete. You could still put stuff on top of them if needed

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Snow talk for us subtropical people are very strange. We are used to sliding in very rainy weather but not in snow. I imagine it must be very stressful to drive.
    Imagine if you sprayed your kitchen floor with cooking spray, got drunk, had wet feet, and tried to dance in the kitchen. Our snow is not always horribly deep or really slippery. Today, just a dusting so far, but warm, fine, and wet and about as slick as I’ve ever seen. Seems I’m not alone in having an issue with it today here, because there’s about 1% the normal traffic, and everyone is going half speed.

That gave me a panic attack lol

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    You buy enough groceries to fill a truck bed :w00t:? I’m going shopping with you!
    My mom is 83 and quite resourceful. She went to Home Depot, bought 4 bags of quik-crete. Had them put 2 bags over each wheel well. When they got wet, they turned into four bags of sealed concrete. You could still put stuff on top of them if needed
    No but I’m short! I’d have to climb inside the bed to reach the wheel wells!

Users who are viewing this thread