DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks for the reply’s . It’s not a wicking problem it’s just seems like cold batteries. They work fine when indoors and warmed up it’s just after being outside for a while or being in my cup holder for a while when I start to get problems . This will be my first winter with my jackaroo for work so far it never said protection instead of firing but I’m noticing it not hitting quite as hard. I never used to like keeping it in my pockets too much because my rda would leak but now I have two RTAs I use at work so I could keep it in my pockets without worrying about leakage. Right now I’m wearing a pull over hoodie with the big pocket in front of my stomach like a kangaroo lol I always worry it will fall out when hopping off machines or climbing. Jean pockets seems like broken glass waiting to happen too.

Usually I’ll wear my rain jacket over my hoodie when it gets cold and windy and it has pockets at the chest where it stays safe but even there it gets super cold. Mabye I need a thick jacket that has pockets inside then I can put my rain jacket over that.

Your mods are trying to tell you it’s no longer hoodie weather. Put a coat on, man!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for the reply’s . It’s not a wicking problem it’s just seems like cold batteries. They work fine when indoors and warmed up it’s just after being outside for a while or being in my cup holder for a while when I start to get problems . This will be my first winter with my jackaroo for work so far it never said protection instead of firing but I’m noticing it not hitting quite as hard. I never used to like keeping it in my pockets too much because my Rda would leak but now I have two RTAs I use at work so I could keep it in my pockets without worrying about leakage. Right now I’m wearing a pull over hoodie with the big pocket in front of my stomach like a kangaroo lol I always worry it will fall out when hopping off machines or climbing. Jean pockets seems like broken glass waiting to happen too.

Usually I’ll wear my rain jacket over my hoodie when it gets cold and windy and it has pockets at the chest where it stays safe but even there it gets super cold. Mabye I need a thick jacket that has pockets inside then I can put my rain jacket over that.

You may want to find the CCA of your batteries and choose them according to that..

it's how we choose car batteries.. lol..

It's either that or invest in a Carhart. :thumbs:

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Still fantastic warm autumn weather here and continuing too. Saw the temperature drop in Denver... Jeez... 27 C to -2 :eek:

Hope you guys are doing OK :wub:

Worry about Denver tonight. It's already 70 F and headed for 82 by the end of the afternoon. Tomorrow morning, maybe you can start worrying a little bit. Friday morning will be the rude surprise if the weather guys are correct. :cool:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
09B44B4C-5C49-449F-BDCB-47834214F6DD.png

Generally summer is my favorite, but it’s been just far too harsh the last few years. Having a fabulous fall so far though. I can’t complain one bit about this forecast! It could stay like this right straight through till April.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Thanks for the reply’s . It’s not a wicking problem it’s just seems like cold batteries. They work fine when indoors and warmed up it’s just after being outside for a while or being in my cup holder for a while when I start to get problems . This will be my first winter with my jackaroo for work so far it never said protection instead of firing but I’m noticing it not hitting quite as hard. I never used to like keeping it in my pockets too much because my Rda would leak but now I have two RTAs I use at work so I could keep it in my pockets without worrying about leakage. Right now I’m wearing a pull over hoodie with the big pocket in front of my stomach like a kangaroo lol I always worry it will fall out when hopping off machines or climbing. Jean pockets seems like broken glass waiting to happen too.

Yes it's the batteries and them getting cold. It's one of the things that the chemistry inside can't tolerate. If it gets too cold then all the reactions happening on a molecular level slow down.

This causes damage quite quickly to the batteries and results in less than than optimum functioning. This will be exacerbated also by warming them too quickly at home and may cause further damage.

As others have said keeping them warm is the best cure but you're definitely going to need to replace them more regularly with your kind of job. Is there not a warm site hut you can keep a warm spare set?

Good luck :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Worry about Denver tonight. It's already 70 F and headed for 82 by the end of the afternoon. Tomorrow morning, maybe you can start worrying a little bit. Friday morning will be the rude surprise if the weather guys are correct. :cool:
Wow!!!! I pulled up the Denver forecast... that’s almost a 50* drop between today and tomorrow! Not that any of the weather apps are particularly accurate, but it said 79 today, 30 tomorrow :cry:. Bundle up!!!

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Yes it's the batteries and them getting cold. It's one of the things that the chemistry inside can't tolerate. If it gets too cold then all the reactions happening on a molecular level slow down.

This causes damage quite quickly to the batteries and results in less than than optimum functioning. This will be exacerbated also by warming them too quickly at home and may cause further damage.

As others have said keeping them warm is the best cure but you're definitely going to need to replace them more regularly with your kind of job. Is there not a warm site hut you can keep a warm spare set?

Good luck :)
Oh for sure I keep my spare in my vape kit inside my lunch kit. Just gotta have my mod in hand all the time

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I just got an email from AsMODus and they would like me to be a reviewer!

They asked for a phone number, social media, and if I would mind paying shipping for the items they send... I’m just going to say I don’t do social media, but is the shipping thing normal? I don’t mind, I guess. Just want to know if that’s how it’s normally done.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I just got an email from AsMODus and they would like me to be a reviewer!

They asked for a phone number, social media, and if I would mind paying shipping for the items they send... I’m just going to say I don’t do social media, but is the shipping thing normal? I don’t mind, I guess. Just want to know if that’s how it’s normally done.
The company usually pays shipping for review products. On the other hand you can sell the products and still come out ahead. Without a strong social media presence I doubt they would negotiate for free shipping.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Good morning shiners! The Unicorn RDA is in NY so 50/50 it arrives today. Some batteries on Friday, and a FT package whenever.

My understanding (I don't have one just going by what I've seen around here) is that Asmodus stuff has been going on a closeout clearance for some time at Sourcemore. It's like the Luna craze at $30 vs. the original price of $120'ish.

Oh, and to all the Lunatics out there, get 510 fill bottles. It makes using the Luna a really nice experience as those freaking bottles are otherwise impossible to deal with to refill them every time.
I immediately ordered refill bottles when I removed my first Luna's bottle for cleaning. I knew then it was a royal mess waiting to happen.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm going to write him a note tomorrow. I messaged him here a couple of weeks ago and sent an email a week later, so this time a stamp will be used.

Yeah he's not responding to my messages either so I'm kind of worried..

Tell me if you get a response to a physical letter..

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Wow!!!! I pulled up the Denver forecast... that’s almost a 50* drop between today and tomorrow! Not that any of the weather apps are particularly accurate, but it said 79 today, 30 tomorrow :cry:. Bundle up!!!
The high for Thursday will come around midnight. :shock: Temps will drop during the day, and they are saying we should wake up to around 15F on Friday morning (record low for the date). This is one of the bigger swings for Denver, but somewhat normal for us. It will be back up into the 60's by the weekend. I'm just hoping that we don't get much wet snow. My trees still have leaves on them, and my maple hasn't turned much color yet. I lost all my fruit trees a few years ago when we had one of these arctic blasts come in and drop us below zero. The poor trees didn't stand a chance with that one.

I cheated a little and ran the furnace yesterday morning with the house opened. I hate the smell of "first fire" so I'm hoping that the stinky air has all gone away, and the furnace won't have that smell when it comes on tomorrow morning.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    The high for Thursday will come around midnight. :shock: Temps will drop during the day, and they are saying we should wake up to around 15F on Friday morning (record low for the date). This is one of the bigger swings for Denver, but somewhat normal for us. It will be back up into the 60's by the weekend. I'm just hoping that we don't get much wet snow. My trees still have leaves on them, and my maple hasn't turned much color yet. I lost all my fruit trees a few years ago when we had one of these arctic blasts come in and drop us below zero. The poor trees didn't stand a chance with that one.

I cheated a little and ran the furnace yesterday morning with the house opened. I hate the smell of "first fire" so I'm hoping that the stinky air has all gone away, and the furnace won't have that smell when it comes on tomorrow morning.
    I don’t know if it works for other types of fruit trees (I have citrus and pears) but if you have any old fashioned outdoor Christmas lights (not led, the big bulbs) you can wrap the trunk in those and cover the top if possible with a blanket then a tarp ( plastic can’t contact the leaves, it’ll burn them. Those big job site caged lights (sort of like a spot light, they get HOT) I use on our too big trees. Its possible your garden center has smudge pots since you’re in an area that does get cold weather.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019

I’m used to the cold I gotta work outside no matter the weather and being right by the water on an island it gets bone chilling cold where it doesn’t matter how many layers you have on.

They should make a vape meant for cold Canadian winters.

I’m from Canada and as you Americans all probably know we all live in igloos, hunt seals and whatnot. And yes there is only one road in Canada .
    Lol

Users who are viewing this thread