ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    So anyway...
    Oh yea...vaping stuff.

I'll get one of those refill bottles ordered.
    In the mean time, I tied a piece of floss around the neck of the bottle so it can be pulled out easier next time.
    I screwed in a non BF atty to block the hole in the 510 connection while replacing the bottle.
    Twisting/screwing the bottle seemed to help it go all the way back in so I could replace the magnet door.

My Luna fill method is a tad zany, like me ;)

• I vape the rda down to the verge of a dry hit
    • Pinch the side of the bottle and wiggle it down (like getting into a pair of skinny jeans, but in reverse)
    • Refill the bottle
    • Insert the bottle
    • Squonk
    • Vape
    • :D
    And I do have a 510 refill bottle, but I keep forgetting about it :facepalm:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    You'd think that but in the case of the 20650, there's really only one that's suitable for vaping. That's the Sanyo NCR20650A. All of the 20650s out there that are safe for vaping are either that Sanyo or a re-wrap.

Ah I see I never used 20650s before so I’d guess you’d know.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    My Luna fill method is a tad zany, like me ;)

• I vape the RDA down to the verge of a dry hit
    • Pinch the side of the bottle and wiggle it down (like getting into a pair of skinny jeans, but in reverse)
    • Refill the bottle
    • Insert the bottle
    • Squonk
    • Vape
    • :D
    And I do have a 510 refill bottle, but I keep forgetting about it :facepalm:

lol...that's pretty much the way I wiggled the bottle off. Maybe it wasn't as empty as it could have been as I still had liquid squished out the atty and all over my hand. Cleaned up and stuffed the drip tip and wrapped the air hole and continued to remove it.

Earlier this evening I noticed liquid was pooling out the bottom onto the table so when it's empty again I will have to see what that is about.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
    Sep 30, 2019
    93EB331E-082A-4040-BB03-8B1C47EF5EF7.jpeg
    Cleaning Sammy’s tank today he always gets angry when taking his toys out and especially his floating log he loves so much. He’s looking out at his stuff out of his tank and wondering what the hell dad?

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    lol...that's pretty much the way I wiggled the bottle off. Maybe it wasn't as empty as it could have been as I still had liquid squished out the atty and all over my hand. Cleaned up and stuffed the drip tip and wrapped the air hole and continued to remove it.

Earlier this evening I noticed liquid was pooling out the bottom onto the table so when it's empty again I will have to see what that is about.

If you refill by pulling it out the bottom and reinserting, watch from underneath as you slide the bottle back that the tubing fits over and slides up the metal pipe/straw thing of the 510. If it’s not fully seated you might get some leaking when you squonk the bottle.

It took me a month to give in and get a fill bottle. I did have it down pretty well by then, but I’d never go back to directly filling that thing. The only time I’ll yank the bottle out is to wash it for a flavor change.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    If you refill by pulling it out the bottom and reinserting, watch from underneath as you slide the bottle back that the tubing fits over and slides up the metal pipe/straw thing of the 510. If it’s not fully seated you might get some leaking when you squonk the bottle.

It took me a month to give in and get a fill bottle. I did have it down pretty well by then, but I’d never go back to directly filling that thing. The only time I’ll yank the bottle out is to wash it for a flavor change.

It's a :censored: to get that bottle pushed up the last 1/8 inch - the twisting/screwing it was the only way it would go.
    I have that refill thing coming on the slow boat.
    No one has the others.
    I think I'll go ask Geek Vape in their forum here about one.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    No, all 18650's are the same size regardless of brand - or at least they should be since 18650 is the size. (18mm x 65mm)

The two 18650's on the left are what I use in my LED flashlights, and are too long for any of my vape mods. Maybe because they are protected cells, and what we use in vape mods are not?

IMG_3063.jpg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I’m enjoying this little Ephro cold steel with the axial rda on it. Just wished I had paid more attention to what coil I was using. This one is .13 ohms (it came with some rda) Too low and runs too hot for me. I may attempt putting in something like a .4 ohm coil tomorrow. More my speed.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    The two 18650's on the left are what I use in my LED flashlights, and are too long for any of my vape mods. Maybe because they are protected cells, and what we use in vape mods are not?

View attachment 851101
    Ah so you're a flashlight guy. Liion wholesale gave me a freebie LED 18650 like flashlight with an order. Do I need to use protected batteries in it? Your post has me thinking yes. Better check before I use it.

After I rec'd that flashlight I started looking around at some of the flashlight sites. Yikes! Talk about a very expensive rabbit hole.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe

Users who are viewing this thread