charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Goodness me. Just spent the last half hour building and fitting this coil...more like a baby coil. 1.3mm SS 30G...0.6ohm. There's about 0.5mm gap between the coil and the posts.
View attachment 851145
Next to the 0.6ohm mesh of the Artery Pal ll pro. Must be the smallest rba in existence.
View attachment 851147
Not much air flows past the cotton...making it only good for MTL.
View attachment 851149
There a fiddle aren't they... I have to wear my headset. Which by the the way has been one of my best buys this year. It has opened up a whole new world of comfortable close up work.

Increasingly I'm realising that the old faithful round wire build is sometimes the best option.... Hang these exotics :D

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Cool I’ve never used one of those before never made micro coils for something like that before. Not sure it would be my kind of vape I like a high wattage on a mech. Fast Hot full clouds.

So is an “artery” sort of a premade coil vape meant to imitate the vape you get from those boxes that work with different RBAs? I’m not too familiar with the artery but everyone I see lately at my work that vapes seems to be puffing on an artery with premade 0.6 ohm coils and 50 nic salt nic juice. I hate the vape I’ve had off that high a nicotine concentration. Obviously I know I can put lower nic juice in it and would probably enjoy it more but still premade coils arnt for me.

I’m interested in seeing if a Billot box might be for me from seeing them on here.
I would definitely try out a billet box and with the right build and rba you can definitely chuck some clouds but they're never going to to achieve the wide open high wattage low ohm build scenario on an RDA.

For me the billet box has been the best vape I've ever had and I kicked myself for not trying it sooner.... My advice get one :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Good morning shinies :wub:

Mum and big Sis fly in today so will be lovely to have them around until Thursday..... And they have to be nice to me too :D

My mystery review item arrives tomorrow... It's been in the ether for the weekend and can't be delivered today because it's the armistice holiday.

My OG Boxxer is slowly crawling it's wat from Canada... Really excited about that as its a really cloud chucking RBA for the billet box.... Come on postie let's get a move on :p

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
My OG Boxxer is slowly crawling it's wat from Canada... Really excited about that as its a really cloud chucking RBA for the billet box.... Come on postie let's get a move on :p
I can't wait to hear how you rave about it Charlie....;)
Just be careful. There's been a few cracked glasses on them I see.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I can't wait to hear how you rave about it Charlie....;)
Just be careful. There's been a few cracked glasses on them I see.
Yes the glass is undeniably fragile. Mine's coming via Albert at BB vapes so is the TRVP version and I've also ordered several Ultem replacement windows for them also the TRVPPED version..... I'm quite TRVPPED addicted you know :D

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The two 18650's on the left are what I use in my LED flashlights, and are too long for any of my vape mods. Maybe because they are protected cells, and what we use in vape mods are not?

View attachment 851101

Yeah my husbands protected cells are far bigger than unprotected, it's the addition of the protection circuitry that adds the bulk in the flashlight cells.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Week 5 hip fracture update and other shiny talk.
Saw the surgeon on Thursday. I’ve lost an inch on my rt leg from where the femoral head and neck impacted into the femur. The peices were left as is hoping the screws keep everything in place so no blood flow is compromised which would be the worst case scenario.
I can start to put full weight on my leg but only while using a walker etc. the pain is incredible and my leg so weak even with all the PT I do every day.

For some silly reason I thought I’d be prancing out of the office and ready to go for a drive so I was just slightly depressed. Thank god ive been keeping up with all me meds!!

I still haven’t been able to get up a full flight of stairs and need a second handrail installed to help me.

So it’s another 4 WEEKS before next x rays and checkup. In the meantime I still have in home PT and OT. They mentioned going outpatient and I was like how the hell am I supposed to pull that off? I can’t drive? Cab?

I still can’t believe the month of October even happened and just wasn’t a bad dream of Levi dying, breaking my hip then Haley getting exposed to “non toxic” chemicals ( she’s fine now after $1400)

Ok not to shiny stuff- I bought a vandy vape lit rda because I was testing which stores would mail to MA. so now I have it I was just wondering if anyone has used it or does it got straight to the PIF pile?

hugs!

Sorry it's so slow going, but your getting there..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Excellent. Thank you. Just popped a Samsung 25r in it ...holy crap... that's bright. I narrowed the beam down and pointed at the floor and dog is now chasing it all over. Cat is even interested. I'm going to have fun with this. :lol:

Get a laser for your pets..

My cat knows the sound of the click on the laser now and she can be asleep and I'll click that laser on and she'll be up and ready to kill that moving red bug!

haha.. she loves that thing, even though by now she knows we control it!

Last edited:

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Ah so you're a flashlight guy. Liion wholesale gave me a freebie LED 18650 like flashlight with an order. Do I need to use protected batteries in it? Your post has me thinking yes. Better check before I use it.

After I rec'd that flashlight I started looking around at some of the flashlight sites. Yikes! Talk about a very expensive rabbit hole.

Good morning SMT! Yeah, I'm a flashlight guy. The best lighting forum is Candle Power Forums. Been there since April 2007(forum name bondr006). And yes, BIG$$ rabbit hole also. Most lights don't have all the protections that our mods do, so I like using protected cells. Only drawback is they are too long for the mods. I have a ton of protected 18650's that I can't use in my mods. :( I thought when I got into vaping that I'd be already set on batteries. If you have any plans on getting into lights, be sure to check out Candle Power Forums. Just like ECF forum is the best vaping forum, CPF is the best forum for lighting.

PS. Over there we are Flashaholics instead of Shiny's, although Shiny would be very fitting over there too. :)

Collection Reduced.jpg

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Ah so you're a flashlight guy. Liion wholesale gave me a freebie LED 18650 like flashlight with an order. Do I need to use protected batteries in it? Your post has me thinking yes. Better check before I use it.

After I rec'd that flashlight I started looking around at some of the flashlight sites. Yikes! Talk about a very expensive rabbit hole.

I got one of those flashlights from Liion. Tried it with an 18650 and the bulb end got too hot to touch. It was bright though.

Users who are viewing this thread