stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nope I preordered it from 3FVape about 3 weeks ago, it seems like. I was merely stating that I had ordered one, and it's finally IN SHIPMENT. I was gonna buy that thing the minute I saw it, given that I love my steampunk nanos so much.

But, I didn't buy a backup, and I don't think I will :lol::lol:, at least not soon. :)

I AM however, deeply exited for it's arrival.... :)

Anna

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
Nope I preordered it from 3FVape about 3 weeks ago, it seems like. I was merely stating that I had ordered one, and it's finally IN SHIPMENT. I was gonna buy that thing the minute I saw it, given that I love my steampunk nanos so much.

But, I didn't buy a backup, and I don't think I will :lol::lol:, at least not soon. :)

I AM however, deeply exited for it's arrival.... :)

Anna

I will agree you seem to really like the steam punk looking mods(I like the looks too)
and being a pre order for a "back up" it must be with in rulez LOL:thumbs:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, it is a double edged sword, certainly. Maybe a prayer to the God of nicotine is in order???? :lol::lol:. I'm finding it helpful, but certainly, shinyitis suffering can be exacerbated once the denial lifts. Or something like that, IDK. I just know I am enjoying this thread and I'd rather be posting here than looking at mods, :D.

Keep in mind, joining a support group is often not a forever thing... Relapse is a common occurrence, I'm certainly expecting one, the question is when. :evil:

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep looking at stuff is the worst... "I'm just curious... that looks so nice... it's really NOT that expensive," and etc. All of a sudden, money can exit the bank account. I try really really hard to not impulse buy anymore...

Well, getting gifted a provari was the worst/best as well, as I immediately "required" more, LOL. I was like, "This thing is the BEST, better get more and all kinds...."

That was probably my most expensive buying stint, excluding nic. But, I swear to the God of Nicotine that it is OVER. LOL. I kinda maybe want to ask a mod to ban me if I ever buy another one....:lol::lol::lol:

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
S'okay, I was kidding. But, I would genuinely hate myself if I bought another provari, I have enough... :) I actually have one that I'm not planning on using yet, even. Just in case all the other ones fail.... Only they're built like tanks, so that was unsound reasoning on my part, I do believe. I confess to the Gods of Nicotine that that last provari made me die a little inside, LOL even as I was filled with excitement. :D

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
:w00t:Now do not ask a MOD to do that.:shock: Then how would some of these newer folks get a realistic opinion on things in the new comer forums?:rolleyes:
LMAO Getting an earnest opinion around here is a non issue! Anna would be missed if banned tho.:)

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Keep in mind, joining a support group is often not a forever thing... Relapse is a common occurrence
To me having a "Shinyitis Support Group" on ECF is kind of like holding an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at the local pub.

I like it! :toast:

(And no, I'm not going to admit that I bought something today I didn't need, but it was cheap and 75% off.)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
To me having a "Shinyitis Support Group" on ECF is kind of like holding an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at the local pub.

I like it! :toast:

(And no, I'm not going to admit that I bought something today I didn't need, but it was cheap and 75% off.)
Agreed. Love enabler threads!:D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You know, the first year I got sober I worked as a bartender/waitress. I was pouring drinks and handing them out non-stop. My first sober NY eve, I was working. It CAN BE DONE!!!!!!!!!

It actually wasn't that hard, but I genuinely wanted to quit. Herein lies the problem at ECF, LOL. Although, I do genuinely want to hang up my bank card and nail it to the ECF wall, for a bit. :)

Yes, the exciting challenges need to be faced head on, maybe I should apply part time at a vape emporium? Hmmm....

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Great thread. I have my own story. Not long ago a great seller posted a wonderful selection of Provari stuff in the classies. Thread done and closed now. I popped in just a few minutes after it went up. Boom. Immediate pm to claim the Dragon. With that locked in, I perused the other stuff. Hmm. Need beauty ring, more tanks, tatroe base, etc. Now I look down and see viewing the thread are the other regular Provari buyers. Crunch time. Poop or get off the pot. I was up to over $100. Oops, I forgot I’ll need more batteries from RTD. Then I thought heck I’ll buy everything. Now I’m on a fixed income and said in the past one Provari was enough, then 2, then 3, then 5. Lol.

A sick feeling came over me. What am I doing? Christmas is around the corner, I have a big family, complaining to my wife about money. And here I am trying to buy more, this time without the wife knowing. Then I have to beat her to the mailbox. Then I have to worry when she sees me vaping new stuff. Now what do I do.

I’ve never in my life backed out on a commitment. But I msg seller, explained my situation, and asked if I could pass. She graciously agreed. I told her I’d come back in if things changed. In reality, if it was still there in a day I was going to go back and buy it because I felt bad. In my mind I knew the stuff would be gone . And it was.

I monitored the ad. As stuff sold I could almost guess who bought what, lol.
Anyway, long boring story. But it was significant in that it was the first time common sense trumped “ I want this” pertaining to vape gear.

I know I will succumb in the future for sure, but for now I’m proud of myself.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
FYI, I highly recommend common sense be checked at the door. This whole thing goes south quickly if you don't.

Wife said I couldn't buy any more.
4 mods. Only 2 are sqonkers, I mean, c'mon...

200 pre-made coils. A bit excessive but who knows. Maybe I'll start building triples.

23 bottles of juice. Only 4 are duplicates. Diversity in all things.

13 18650 batteries, 2 20700. Can't really come up with an excuse here. Non my flashlights will use them.

1 tab. S'all good there.

1 Official Big ... Bag o'cotton. Only 1...hmm

4 RDAs. Wait, no 5. 2 RDTAs, 2 Tanks. 1 with Vader otw. It's exempt from any complaining.

4 pairs of doors for Pulse. Every occasion covered.

2 custom made drip tips.

4 sqonk bottles. Had to have black.

Almost all of this was bought in last 3 months. Most in past month.

What the heck, just a few things, no reason to cut me off. :(

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, getting gifted a provari was the worst/best as well, as I immediately "required" more, LOL. I was like, "This thing is the BEST, better get more and all kinds...."

Anna
This exact thing happened to me. Gifted one and now I have 3 :D

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
My first sober NY eve, I was working. It CAN BE DONE!!!!!!!!!
I worked the bar business for 7 years. I'm impressed.
It actually wasn't that hard, but I genuinely wanted to quit.
I genuinely wanted to quit smoking, and thanks to vaping I did.

Do I want to stop spending a lot of money? Yes!

Do I want to stop receiving new shiny stuff every so often? That one is more difficult. :unsure:
Guess I need more commitment, and maybe some willpower. I'm sure people around here will help with that. :facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread