Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
What kind of coil did you put in it?
Just took it out to make sure I didn't stuff something up. I have a wee 1.0mm coil in there. There just isn't place for air to flow through there. Nothing but a mouthful of hotness comes outa there.
Yeah I was bummed to...still is :w00t:
Not much R+D went into it, for sure...!!!

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Never really noticed, but yes mine is the same.
Even though the notches seem to be the same size it only bottoms out in one position.
Ha Ha yes that's strange. I got it open and cleaned. Even got the vernier on it...but for the life of me, I can't figure out why :lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I soooo want to buy from them like in forever...but they are way to expensive. I once mailed them about their pricing. They said they're the best and the biggest and what not...can't remember what else...:lol:
Never had bought anything from them.

Man i'm very disappointed with it. It's teany tiny and have almost no airflow through it. I literally couldn't use it.
Did you get the Artery one, or Hippovape?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
@Ricky Vapes Stevie is such a beauty. I love your rabbits.

I received my SXK Billet Box and extra parts (“bridges”?) from FT today. I ordered two Vape Shells. I am out of my depth. I couldn’t get a wire secured under the Vape Shell screws. So I broke down and threw a Nautilus .7 coil into it just so I could use it :lol: But I know there is a huge thread dedicated to this mod so I’m not going to ask for help here in this thread. I’ll keep working at it. First time trying, a long day, and I’m tired. :)

Otherwise it is a pretty neat mod. Already I see this will be the one I use when I’m out.

Hope everyone is doing okay. :)
Yes the vapeshell clone can be a pain in the bot....I tend to wind the coil leg round the screw, hold it then screw it down. On side normally goes in perfectly the other not. Wire thickness is an issue too. Do you see how it's got the little raised bit which is supposed to stop it slipping out..... you'll get there in the end....the vapeshell is such a great little rba with the best flavour of any of them.

Good luck :thumbs:

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Fruits of a clandestine late night coiling mission.

mPMgYqw.jpg

Fresh Ni80 tri-core fused claptons for the Axial.

VBJFL3f.jpg

This atty, man. I'll tell you whut.

pWCNgLb.png

It'll curl yer toes. Sweet, sweet peanut butter custard.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Good morning shinies :wub:

Well I'm really ready to go home but I can't until my bloods say I can. Listening to all the building here makes me want to break out my atties etc.

Second day now with normal temperature so really hope that finally the antibiotics have done their work properly..."croisé les doigts".

Relaxing Sunday to all :pop:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yes the vapeshell clone can be a pain in the bot....I tend to wind the coil leg round the screw, hold it then screw it down. On side normally goes in perfectly the other not. Wire thickness is an issue too. Do you see how it's got the little raised bit which is supposed to stop it slipping out..... you'll get there in the end....the vapeshell is such a great little rba with the best flavour of any of them.

Good luck :thumbs:
Hope ya feeling better charlie

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Good morning shinies :wub:

Well I'm really ready to go home but I can't until my bloods say I can. Listening to all the building here makes me want to break out my atties etc.

Second day now with normal temperature so really hope that finally the antibiotics have done their work properly..."croisé les doigts".

Relaxing Sunday to all :pop:

You'll be home in No Time Charlie:wub:
    I've got more than just my fingers crossed:p

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Hope ya feeling better charlie
    Thanks Don and @Daniel Forsyth. Your kind words are much appreciated. I must admit that it feels like the dr's are trying to half kill you with chemo sometimes.

After escaping for the last lot of treatment all my hair decided it had had enough....so I've gone for the smooth bald look for a couple of months until my hair decides it's going to play ball again.

Have a great Sunday gentlemen :)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Did you get the Artery one, or Hippovape?
    Hippovape one. Maybe that's the problem. The juice channels are huge. To fill them don't leave space for air to flow. Maybe the Artery one is better.

EDIT... I spent the last hour dissecting the inner of this little RDA. Seems I was wrong. The airflow goes from the outside up from under the coil...don't know why I even considered the juice channels into the airflow.
    Anyway...from what I can see the air gets terribly restricted at the air intake and to make matters worse, the airhole under the coil is tiny. All leads up to not enough flow for sure. Not a good design. Its strictly a MTL....a very hot restricted one at that.

Last edited:

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Good morning shiners and Happy Sunday, going to take another stab at DIY juice making today with 4 or 5 proven recipes. Hang in there Charlie each day now should be better than the last. Strong karma and prayers going out to you @chanelvaps .

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    thanks for the vid and everything. i've seen a bunch from better reviewers. i've taken a couple of stupid pics with my very bad selfieside cam. i'll post it when i can. doubt it'll show the problem, as i'm following the tutorals as much as i can. i have thinned and needled and shortened. like i said it works when it works and it doesn't when it doesn't. matter of fact the times it worked perfectly there was more cotton than it's got down to now after all the thinning. i rewicked the gear and trimmed the elevate, prbbyl too much now. and going to leave them overnight_ that's how it worked last time.
    either sometimes the laces are too thick, i'm not pulling the cotton thru right, lumping it somehow or my priming/prime-puffing is not doing the trick. the middle, inside the coil isn't saturating right, is the current diagnosis_ don't know the cause though.

i'm gonna vape the biip for a bit and crash

shinightis!
    You'll get there soon Virm. When you get the hang of it it'll work fine every time - no need to leave it sitting overnight or primer puffs or any other voodoo.

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Ah I just did a 3mm coil from SS clapton wire..2-28/38. Ohmed out at 0.28. Works well in the mech.
    Funny though, the coil sits 'weird' over the posts. You'll see what I mean. Here's a pic from the top
    View attachment 865907
    I like it...its different.
    Let know your comments and any tips you think of plz...;)
    You could wrap counter clockwise

Users who are viewing this thread