AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I recently got a Innokin liftbox Bastion from ejuicesteals pretty much because it was cheap and it seemed interesting to me. At first I didn't really care for it I thought it was weird and I was almost blaming it for a lack of flavor in some of my notoriously good atomizers even though usually it has nothing to do with the mod.

This has its own built-in tank that serves sort of like a squonk bottle except it's glass so you can't press it. Anyhow I really like it it has a really nice feel to it especially if you like heavier mods that are pretty solid metal. It takes a bit to get used to and you have to like close the air holes of your atomizer and draw on it fairly hard in order to get the ejuice flowing but then after that you kind of get a constant trickle if you can get the right balance. I've been using it since I set it up and I haven't put it away yet. I'd highly recommend one if someone can find it especially if you find it for under $10 it's well worth it it is a unregulated which is one of my favorite kinds of mod right now it's not mechanical because it does have a mosfet or something like that in there and the battery doesn't go directly to your atomizer

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
my provari is still working but it has duct tape on it ATM.
Are you talking about your recently repaired Radius? If so, condolences. Well, condolences regardless, but especially if the newly resurrected guy was wounded.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Yes same in California. Security lets you through a locked and bullet proof door only after you show ID and register. Glass cases holding glass boxes, each little box has a dried herb and you can check it out, look at the crystals etc, no touch. You have someone assigned to you called a "bud tender" he gathers everything you want, you pay, he puts it all in a white zipper pull bag and by law that bag has to go in your trunk otherwise it is like carrying an open container.
What if you don't have a car?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
thanks for shupport
admiring my spunk sorta implies i may be failing too much__ ?

the gurgling yes, but not always_ if the zlide is gurgling, you're lucky if it doesn't burn... the size is tricky to blow threw [edit: i love phoneticbrain :lol::lol::lol:], coil's too small to thread a twisted paper towel through and it isn't flexible enough to higher wattage

DL stock coils, the weird part is breaking them in (may be my problem with rta's too idk), sometimes the cotton just isn't absorbing [wow my brain is kaputt_ went through sponging, sucky, seepyseepseep three times round before i got to absorb)

the MD is being quite the wild buck__ third wick is burnt_ idk how it's leaking and burning. gonna try taking the deck apart again maybe the air insert.. come to think of it i didn't remove it when i cleaned it first.. cotton turns brown really fast_ the elevate and gear don't do that even when the coil is choked.
we'll see

didn't make it to the shops for cotton, tomorrow hophope

can't not persist.. i'm not over nic yet, imagine if i'd left with nothing to vape...........! that'd be way too close a trip to stinkstickswamp
Sounds to me as though you're not priming your stock coils long/thoroughly enough. But what do I know? (Answer: not much.)

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
@AngeNZ
As I remember the height is between 5 and 6 mm. I just eyeball it by putting the cap next to the coil so I can see where the air hits.
20200222_090920.jpg

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Sounds to me as though you're not priming your stock coils long/thoroughly enough. But what do I know? (Answer: not much.)

longer than recommended and i drop in a bunch. it's not like it never works__ just don't get why it don't work sometimes

Just a thought here Virm - with all the burnt hits you're experiencing is it possible you aren't putting enough air through the attys? Maybe try inhaling harder.
I also agree with Ange about the thickness of the cotton inside the coil. Try less.

theyre //were shoeslace cotton. COTN and Wotofo.. sure they can be thicker or thinner than they should but not by much. the normal assumption would be indeed, i'm not finding the right middle ground between too thick and too thin. but i could swear it's got omething to do with the inhalation, at least the primers, or the threads not being combed right. btw i've failed more often with COTN than with wotofo_ like CTON was actually not thick enough...

i'm pretty much out of ideas. basically spend a hundred hours or so between wicking and thinning. was going by keep going until it works_ until it didn't work anymore and i ran out of thread. buy stuff tomorrow.

i discovered one trick that seems to predict if the cotton inside the coil is choked: when i drip and start firing, i inhale the vapour from above the deck, if it's dry/makes me cough then it's choked. i don't know how to de-choke a coil though, how to pull out the right amount of thread without breaking the whole wick apart. this also doesn't predict if the wick is too thin for the tank..

that's what's funny abt the MD. wick seemed alright until i put on the tank and it was really tight and just burnt quickly. i uncovered it and it was no longer vaporizing right. long enough fire and i think the cotton almost lit up, suspected it's because it's touching the posts but that doesn't make sense. it's really leaky if the wick isn't thick enough to prevent it. but 1-1.10 ohm at 14 is enough to burn it.

btw, i've joined the my-vaporesso-gen-reads-a-+.15ohm-resistance club. yippie.

i wanna say i'm wondering why i didn't cross over to squonk-rda's directly if they avoid the wicking issue, but i'm sure i'd find trouble there too.

need to replenish my lung cells to for the morrow's fires.

goot-tanight-shannightans

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
@jfcooley , you are, unbeknownst to you, in trouble with Himself. I plan on blaming you for starting this dotmod “want” issue that’s currently negatively affecting my (unfortunately) joint bank account :lol:
I ordered a second dotaio. Gold, because that was what they had... but!!! it was only $67.96. For that price, I can either learn to love the color, or get a jwrap or (freakin rabbit hole :grr:) custom doors.
If you want that white DT (to enjoy while you’re on the lam from Himself) you can have it. Seriously, just ordered two more at $1 apiece. It’s really lovely. Just enough color to pop on the white.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Happy Friday, shinies! The temp here is legit above freezing and the sun is out. Good combo. My Presidents' Day sale juice haul lands tomorrow but nothing much is happening today for shiny. RCM is having a sale on the Infinity Kryptek through the 24th, though. That's pretty spiffy.

INFINITY Kryptek mechanical MOD | Russian Custom Mods

@DeloresRose wink wink...

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Happy Friday, shinies! The temp here is legit above freezing and the sun is out. Good combo. My Presidents' Day sale juice haul lands tomorrow but nothing much is happening today for shiny. RCM is having a sale on the Infinity Kryptek through the 24th, though. That's pretty spiffy.

INFINITY Kryptek mechanical MOD | Russian Custom Mods

@DeloresRose wink wink...

Thanks for that. I’ll have to think about it.

Rudy isn’t doing well today. I considered getting him to the vet, but I’m going to wait till Monday, see if he rallies. He’s a tough old thing. Might just be having a bad day. I have a few things I’m supposed to do the next few days, going to cancel and stay home.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Rudy isn’t doing well today. I considered getting him to the vet, but I’m going to wait till Monday, see if he rallies. He’s a tough old thing. Might just be having a bad day. I have a few things I’m supposed to do the next few days, going to cancel and stay home.

Quality time is the best medicine for him, and you, anyway :wub: I've got Luna (and me) lined up to send pet healing thoughts via the www over the next few days. Don't be surprised if he starts talking ALOT (Luna, not me) ;)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans

Sending positive vibes to Rudy, and prayers. Monk had a couple rough days this week, but he’s perked up a bit today. It’s so hard to see them get old :(

Users who are viewing this thread