NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I know right people would talk about mtl vaping being the same as smoking but I used to draw right to my lungs as well. Nobody ever taught me how to smoke correctly haha.
Maybe you and I and Letitia were doing it the right way, and they were all doing it totally wrong ;).

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've just purchased two more Awesome Asmodus mods;)
Since I have two EOS 2's already I thought it seemed appropriate to get the one EOS 1 for myself and I also got a Pumper 21 to get my Squonk On:D
Are you sure you didn’t sign up for the “Asmodus Mod of the Month Club”???? You should post a group picture of the crew!

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Are you sure you didn’t sign up for the “Asmodus Mod of the Month Club”???? You should post a group picture of the crew!

What can I say but I've been bitten by an Asmodus Bug:w00t: I only had the two of a few months ago!!
    I'll slow down soon.....I promise;)
    I'll put a family picture up after these are delivered, all 20 of em':p

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Is your af closed down some? That or the top cap is usually the reason in my experience.
    Its on the little boost RBA. Air is fully open. Just opened my Aromamizer RTA and the same thing is starting to happen. Both these are Rayon that has been trimmed. I still stick to my story that the trimming causes it to wick more on one side :D

Mabye you need to use scissors and fluff up each end before tucking them? I always do that seems to help juice travel up the cotton better:)
    Yeah I trim and fluff.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I sent a good friend a bunch of Tarot Baby tanks and mods so he would stop smoking cigarettes and then called him and walked him through the process of settings things up. He coughed harder then anybody I ever heard before.
    I know it made me cough a little at first but I do not know why.
    It subsided pretty quick and then I got rid of the old smoking cough little by little
    I think that's normal....something about the body expecting smoke but getting vaper.

I remember I coughed for a few days then it just stopped. The second time after we caved in and smoked again I've didn't get vthe coughing it just went straight to soothing vaper :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I like to check ramp up times on Steam Engine but are a bit stumped with claptons. Want to try Ni80 in my mechs. I'm using flat Kanthal atm mostly because of the faster ramp up time. I found these lying around and hoping they have a decent ramp up...? View attachment 871779

Before I fit them. I want try them in single and dual configuration.
    Are they decent ramp uppers...? :p
    Yes my guess is that they'll ramp up fine :)

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Its on the little boost RBA. Air is fully open. Just opened my Aromamizer RTA and the same thing is starting to happen. Both these are Rayon that has been trimmed. I still stick to my story that the trimming causes it to wick more on one side :D

Yeah I trim and fluff.
    You say fluffed, are you separating the fibers at the ends after you cut? I find rayon gets mushed together by the scissors. Cut, comb, trim stragglers.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    tell me what to tell him. Smaller draws?
    Tell him what I said he'll work through it and it'll stop in a few days. You could also tell him that just running it around your nose and mouth will still give him the nicotine :)

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I can’t stand a having to work to get a pull. I want it to glide into my lungs lol. Apparently I smoked incorrectly for 35+ years, always drew directly to my lungs. My friend smoked cigars and pipe as well as stinkies. Different style of draw from what I understand. Vaping choked him up every hit, even on the mtl tank I gave him. I’m proud of him for sticking with it until he figured out what worked for him.
    You're right I coughed until I learned how to draw dl directly to my lungs. If you vape like smoking and hold it in your mouth first bit does make you cough.

lupinehorror

bròn
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Dunblane
    morning all.
    26F and slippy underfoot for the commute grind.
    as far as draw goes i think i directly inhale about half of the vapour and hold the rest in my mouth before in hits the lungs. hard to describe but it's what got me off the smokes.
    clutch button and coiling rod have shipped.
    usual, hectic, end of the financial month looms.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    The uni poo with it's clear panels on.....

20200227_070231.jpg
    20200227_070158.jpg

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    You say fluffed, are you separating the fibers at the ends after you cut? I find rayon gets mushed together by the scissors. Cut, comb, trim stragglers.

Yep I cut and after that I fluff....because the strands gets so squeezed together. Don't like the look of compressed cotton. After fluffing I trim again, just to get it straight again.
    I don't think its got to do with cutting or fluffing. I mean, if both tails are compressed and not fluffed, they should still wick the same...theoretically.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Yep I cut and after that I fluff....because the strands gets so squeezed together. Don't like the look of compressed cotton. After fluffing I trim again, just to get it straight again.
    I don't think its got to do with cutting or fluffing. I mean, if both tails are compressed and not fluffed, they should still wick the same...theoretically.
    I think it's more to do with heat and airflow over the coil. For example sometimes you get one leg that gets hotter than the other as the coil heats up from inside to out. Also as we rarely get the cotton totally the same on both sides then one is wicking slightly differently than the other :)

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    tell me what to tell him. Smaller draws?
    Just an idea, I started with a cig-alike. I was already into the process of quitting so it tasted like heaven to me. I don’t remember any coughing. I transitioned very quickly into normal vaping devices.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    Never could figure out why the one side of the cotton goes darker
    View attachment 871805
    Any theories out there would be appreciated.
    My only theory is because the cotton is trimmed, one side wicks more than the other :cry:
    Ill offer an alternative theory.
    Is the darker side typically on the bottom when you take a vape?
    Juice that didnt vaporize sometimes burns slightly and would run down via gravity.
    So in theory the wick on the bottom would be darker.

This could be caused by wattage, airflow etc. .. maybe the coil doesnt have enough power to vaporize all the juice. Maybe it is cooling too slowly and burning a small amount.

Maybe im just batcrap crazy.....

Users who are viewing this thread