charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
in a way i'm glad it isn't just me but am confused as to why it isn't working correctly. don't think i've ever vaped my bb(s) dry but still.
i like it so far. 0.3 coil at power level 3. nice weight and size. very well built. i can see a dotshell in the future (despite me saying i wouldn't get one) but not for a while and assuming they're still being produced. happy with the purchase overall.
edit.
vanished earlier post reappeared...think i'm signing off for the day.
Glad you're enjoying it. I am confused too about the dry burn protection....maybe it's wattage related. I didn't really mind not having it so I've never looked into it further.

You definitely should look into some of Alex's bespoke panels because with the extra airflow it's a sublime vape. Depends on your vaping preferences of course :)

Before my panels the dotshell was the only way for me to get my preferred airflow but now I'm vaping with the pre builts a lot and loving it.

Look after yourself Col :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
ok,i'm out you have lost your mind.been mixing longer then,you have vaped.this sure is a strange day in shiny town.o_O i be back tomorrow.
Oops...something's gone awry here....was it someone else that needed advice on nic strength?

It's been one of those days and no offence intended my friend :wub:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Does anyone remember any of the settings for the OG Eleaf Isticks? 20 watt. I have tried all my tanks on these things I am getting ready to send off in the mail and both of them say "check atomizer" then it occurred to me that my OHMS in all three tanks currently using, might be too low for it
Ignore if already answered

Link to the manual... but I didn’t see the answer in there. I’ll keep looking
https://www.theelectroniccigarette.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/manuals/Eleaf-iStick-20W-User-Manual.pdf
Edit: 1.0 ohm and above. The clones would fire down to 0.5 according to some people

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Tried your link, but turns out it was a link to foxnews and my elaborate anti-murdoch bull.... news blocklist wouldnt let me connect

Let me apologise to the people of Murica for that sh#thead having the ability to spread FUD, and as pudding, racism in your country. He brings shame to my country. Had my way id slot him. Begs the question with all the guns you lot have, wasnt hasnt one of you done it?

I'm not the one who said I'd shoot someone if I had the chance, nor have I ever suggested that because a country has an abundance of guns, one of them should do it. I do not agree with extreme views on the right or left. It brings nothing but intolerance, hate, and violence. Three things I have no use for.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Morning all.
I dont post alot of personal info or issues typically as there are more important things out there.
Just a quick driveby to keep family in yalls thoughts and prayers if you would.

We lost my mother in law early this morning to her fight with cancer. She had been staying with us under hospice care for a while now.

We are ok as we know she is no longer in pain. But its a strange time as we cant even setup a memorial or visitation given the current state of things. I think that is weighing on her as much as anything else after her mom passed.

Wanted to let yall know as has been discussed here we are like a family. But i am not one to burden people with my issues or drama. Secondarily to explain my absence recently and possibly for a bit longer.

Stay safe all.
You and your family are in my prayers. I’m so sorry y’all have to be going through this right now.

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
Shocking and disgusting sentence for one Shiny to say to another. I am going to hope we can call this a bad day (we all have them) hate to think this is the norm thinking for someone I thought was a nice person.
PS you would probably call me left leaning too and I might not have said so in such a vengeance but I probably share SM views.
Me thinks we all need to be respectful of others views.
Don (29palms) and I have stumbled a bit over politics but I cannot imagine sending a PM saying anything like that to anyone.
Can we all just get along???

PM sent

• Love
Reactions: charlie1465

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
hmm...left it to sit for 10 minutes (the dotaio that is) after filling. i get a 2 second inhale then the dry burn protection kicks in (flashes red-ish 8 times). hmm.
edit -
holding the power change button for 3 seconds disables the dry burn protection i have found
I had it happen when the tank wasn’t seated properly. I also find the Dotmod coils to be a bit dodgy. Ymmv

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Shocking and disgusting sentence for one Shiny to say to another. I am going to hope we can call this a bad day (we all have them) hate to think this is the norm thinking for someone I thought was a nice person.
PS you would probably call me left leaning too and I might not have said so in such a vengeance but I probably share SM views.
Me thinks we all need to be respectful of others views.
Don (29palms) and I have stumbled a bit over politics but I cannot imagine sending a PM saying anything like that to anyone.
Can we all just get along???
Hear, hear on all counts!

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
giphy.gif

Rob B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2019
goodbye
I have a good relationship with many people here, and have never gone out of my way to offend anyone. I am a moderate that has a distaste for extreme views from either side of the table. If your view of me has changed, I apologize, and it makes me sad. I am the exact person all of you have seen since I've been here. I have made my true feelings known about how I feel about this community. But if what I said to someone in private offends you more than what he said in public (Had my way id slot him. Begs the question with all the guns you lot have, wasnt hasnt one of you done it?), then so be it. I cannot tolerate violence, or anyone that promotes or agrees with the idea that it's ok to use violence against someone because they disagree with their views. My feelings have not changed about any of you, but I cannot control how you feel about me. That is up to you. I prefer to remain friends with you all.

I also recently got a pm from someone because they did not like me going off topic. Many of you asked who it was, publicly and in private. I did not out them, because I have respect for the forum, and its rules. Apparently not all of us here have that respect.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Family gave me $$ for my birthday since no one can go shopping. So, once I can get it deposited....

What shiny should I buy?
(Not stabwood, doesn’t like it down here in swamp world)
Dot doors of course

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Dot doors of course
I keep thinking about it, but outside my overwhelming DT obsession, I’m not much on customizing. I would like better af on the otherhand. I don’t want clear/see through, or wood. The guy in NY Jay recommended is swamped always. And I don’t want to order out of the US to avoid the whole planes aren’t moving much cargo deal (shipping/delivery is iffy enough in the states. I got mail delivery today for the first time this week)

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Family gave me $$ for my birthday since no one can go shopping. So, once I can get it deposited....

What shiny should I buy?
Hmm... Is it ViciousAnt money, or Dot Squonk money? Either way, two good choices.

Edit: I reread that, no stabwood. Dot squonk still sounds good.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

What shiny should I buy?
Does stabwood warp down your way Mel? My Pumper 18 warped during the worst of the heat/humidity this summer. Spose I should have done all the waxing etc

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just invested 300 dollar on a mod kit,dozens of coil and some spare battery...Now waiting for shipment,excited and can’t wait for it to arrive.Do you guys prefer to buy online or retail vape shop?

move never even seen the inside of a vape shop. Now the only one around is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread