Truckin Vaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2021
Morning shinies ;)

With the 32*2/38 gauge I'd go ni80 purely due to the springyness of the 316L version. I'm getting a reel
of it next time, to give me more wraps and leg length. Could do with longer legs myself too :facepalm:
$4.87 Authentic Ni80 Superfine Heating Wire - 32*2/38 AWG / 0.2mm*2/0.1mm dia. / 5.35ohm/ft / 10ft at FastTech - Free Shipping

The ni80 30*2/40 is even easier to work with. But I still can't decide which one I like the best. I'm going to try a 30*2/40 in an Axial next, as the resistance is spot on for my wattage on a Pumper.
I prefer the 30*2/38 myself. I didn’t know of the 40g outer wrap. I’ll have to look for that and maybe place an order. I get the 10ft spools. Sometimes the wire is bent and looks a little wonky lol, but it still vapes nice.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Peter Corvers of PC coils suggests....pull cotton gently, cut one side if necessary, run under warm water and pulse until you get a dull orange colour, repeat. Don't ever use a wire brush!! If you must use a brush use a soft toothbrush. If you use a brush you risk getting hot spots. When it's time to change is when your coil doesn't look the same as first pulse after all the above...here's the instructions on his Facebook group. :wub:

PC Coil maintenance & cleaning guide:
As a lot of you are asking how you can treat your PC coils the best way. Here's a guide for a happy PC Coil in your atty :D
Maintenance of your coil is important for a longer life span, so you can enjoy them even longer!
What do you need?
(dirty) PC Coil installed in your atty.
Regulated mod or build station with firing button.
(ceramic) Tweezers.
(cotton) Scissors.
Bowl of water, or a sink with running water.
Towel or some paper towels.
Cotton of your preference.
How do you clean your PC Coil?
Install your atty on a regulated mod or build station. Doing this on a mechanical mod is also possible, but be very careful! We prefer to use regulated for cleaning.
Take your tweezers and gently remove the (dirty) cotton from your PC Coil. Do not grab it and pull it out with force, chances are you'll create a hotspot or ruin your coil by pulling it out too rough. To make it easier, you can cut the dirty cotton right next to the coil if you like, to minimize the chance to pull too hard.
Put the wattage of your device on half the normal vaping wattage, for example if you normally vape the PC Coil at 50w, lower the wattage to 25w for cleaning. Never pulse your PC Coil on full wattage, if you do this you'll risk burning a leg of your coil and then it's dead.....
Gently pulse the PC Coil until it starts to glow, then release the fire button and put the coil upside down in your bowl of water / under a soft stream of water to clean it. You will see the dirt coming off. Be careful not to get your mod or device wet!
Gently dap the PC Coil dry on a (paper) towel, and be sure to be gently, no pressure needed!
Repeat the pulsing, water and dry steps 2/3 times, and finish with a gentle last pulse to remove excess water from the PC Coil.
Take your cotton, re-wick your atty and your PC Coil is clean and good to go again!
What not to do with your PC Coil?
Never use a metal brush for cleaning. If you use a brush, especially a metal brush you can ruin the wrap wire of your PC Coil quite easily. You'll get hotspots you can't remove. If you insist on using a brush anyway, use a soft toothbrush and be very gentle with it.
Never pulse your PC Coil on full wattage, if you do this you'll risk burning a leg of your coil and then it's dead.....
Never press the fire button while the PC Coil is under (running) water! This is dangerous for yourself and the coil!
Never just "dry-burn" your PC Coil, without giving them a thorough cleaning. Just dry-burning it won't clean the PC Coil completely and your coil will meet the end of it's lifespan much faster.
Never wait too long before giving your PC Coil a cleaning treatment. If you keep thinking, "I'll do it tomorrow" your taste will get bad, but the cleaning will be less efficient too. You can clean your PC Coils quite a lot of times before you need to change them out.
How long will your PC Coil last?
Sadly, there's no specific answer for that, as it depends on the type of PC Coil, how much you vape, wattage, your liquid etc.
Our experience tells us that each PC Coil (when treated right) can be cleaned at least 10 times before they meet the end of their life span.
Customer experiences translate this to an average 1 to 2 months, before you will need to change them. Some enjoy them even longer;)
You'll know when your PC Coil needs to be changed out. Over time, you'll notice that you will have to clean the PC Coil more frequent over a shorter time span. When the coil doesn't get it's original color back anymore, it's time to say goodbye....
I hope this guide is helpful for you all! :):)

What's a PC coil?

I like the fact my coils aren't PC (politically correct) at all and can handle a little bit of rough treatment! Sure makes coil cleaning a breeze!

:thumb: :lol: :w00t: :lol:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
REO mini with blue door. The paint has some sort of 3D
silver glitter that pulses and sparkles as it catches the light. I wish a photo would capture it.
Bludger looks pretty happy.

View attachment 939077
Man I still think about missing out on that mod...not hinting, just admiring ;)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m rather disappointed. I did receive my Z1 from Everzon but the one I ordered is not what was in the box.

b9b535a2daca597f4e05c9c6fddc4b4e.jpg

7b47397ffa1616a8eaccc6d8a7864794.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That's really weird. Are you going to try to exchange it?

I immediately sent them an email. Shouldn’t the stabwood color match what’s on the box?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Ye

I agree...I love my sweet creams but am getting fed up with coil gunk...it's definitely the sugar carbonating on the coil and presumably if you don't change it out and keep on vaping that translates to carbon in the lungs. A big no no in my book. I'm considering doing the same. No sweetener and different juice profiles....all my juice is DIY so I haven't got any excuses.

If you want to keep using sweetener without as much coil gunk, try a different brand. I've found two brands that are so much better for cleaner coils, than when I was using 0.5% CAP SS, and b4 that 1% TFA Sweetener.

Flavorah Sweetness is my favourite one, using it at 0.5%. But when my local store and Chef's were out of stock, I got FW Sweetener. At 0.5%, it's just as clean on the coils as FLV Sweetness is.

This DIY or DIE ep. gives more info and a round-up of other brands:
    Noted: Ep. 48 - Sweeteners | DIY OR DIE Vaping

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Sourcemore has the Aspire/Sunbox Boxx on preorder for $62. That's for a version with your choice of Nautilus or BP coil pod. If you want the deluxe version with the 2 dropin pods (Nautilus and BP) plus the Atmizoo RBA it's $101

Aspire BOXX Kit 60W VW VV 4ml Pod Mod Kit

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Sometimes with stabwood panels it's a random selection. Not sure if that's the case with the Z1

That’s what I was wondering since I didn’t see one on the website that looks like the one I got.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    I immediately sent them an email. Shouldn’t the stabwood color match what’s on the box?
    you would thinks so....then again I've gotten a kit before with a completely different rda then what was pictured and stated on the box and the website....
    sourcemore couldn't offer anything other than to contact the maker
    I only bought the kit because it was on sale so really didn't care, wasn't gonna use the rda anyways but just seemed really strange....

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    If you want to keep using sweetener without as much coil gunk, try a different brand. I've found two brands that are so much better for cleaner coils, than when I was using 0.5% CAP SS, and b4 that 1% TFA Sweetener.

Flavorah Sweetness is my favourite one, using it at 0.5%. But when my local store and Chef's were out of stock, I got FW Sweetener. At 0.5%, it's just as clean on the coils as FLV Sweetness is.

When I use sweetener at all, I use Trader Joes, Stevia drops. No gunking of coils at all. I am using almost only DIY now, the last 4-5 months and I cannot believe the life I get out of my coils. The only one that I use a store bought juice is Dinner Lady Lemon tart and I am lucky to get 2 weeks out of a coil (Freemax Fireluke 2)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    What's a PC coil?

I like the fact my coils aren't PC (politically correct) at all and can handle a little bit of rough treatment! Sure makes coil cleaning a breeze!

:thumb: :lol: :w00t: :lol:
    PC coils are an outfit from Belgium which make coils to order. They also do the famous Fisher alien specifically tailored by @Robfisher for the Dvarw RTA....... they're not particularly PC :D

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

I have TFA sweetener and cap SS but not the flavourah one. I tend to use the TFA mostly.

I need to get the flavourah one I guess but they're all essentially ethyl maltol I hear??

Users who are viewing this thread