DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
you forgot Viva Nova!
Haha, here are my mighty Novas,
IMG_20220620_142646338.jpg
Only one of them was spared the drill bit as it was a backup and I moved on to other victims before I got to it.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
@Pigs , I was poking around and came across something with your name written all over it:blink: I'm surprised that I didn't see this earlier!!
View attachment 995829
I may have to get the post office to send this to NSW:w00t:
You are a very naughty person Dan. You know it. Are you feeling sorry for me ahead of Origin?

Speaking of Vapefly, I couldn't help posting another pic of my work in progress. Getting shinier- next to the mighty Vapefly Galaxies. Still some work to do.

20230522_223454.jpg

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning folks,

I might get a package to pick up today, the one that sat in the customs authority's claw for a week.

You are a very naughty person Dan. You know it. Are you feeling sorry for me ahead of Origin?

Speaking of Vapefly, I couldn't help posting another pic of my work in progress. Getting shinier- next to the mighty Vapefly Galaxies. Still some work to do.

View attachment 995834
    It looks very very good, like how you left the satin stripes, nice break.
    You have done a fantastic job mate.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    It seems my interest in boro has subsided. I cleaned out my Stubby and a Sunbox this morning. Not sure if I’ll put them back in rotation right away.
    I use my boro much less than I imagined and the dot aio's are gathering dust.

I'm very much back to normal rta's, now I'm going to empty them, rewick what I normally like, and start over.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I'm very much back to normal rta's, now I'm going to empty them, rewick what I normally like, and start over.
    I did end up rewicking the Stubby yesterday and filled it with a mix I haven’t used in a while. I sat the Sunbox to the side for now.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    It seems my interest in boro has subsided.

LOLz. And those are the main reasons I've not purchased an AIO/Boro mod + RBA.

I've always had a feeling that if I had an AIO/Boro device, I would lose interest or not use it regularly.

For me, a quality squonk setup will always reside at the top. Very closely followed by RTA's.

Jumping into the AIO/Boro world just to see if I might like one seems like a complete waste of my money.

For me, an AIO/Boro setup would have to equal the performance of any of my mech squonk setups. I do not see that as a possibility. Why? For me, it's not possible to beat the ease of setup (and use), performance, quality of vape or flavor a decent rda + squonk setup offers (for me personally).

Others may feel differently, and that's awesome. :thumbs: Personal preferences and all that jazz.

My mind was made up in the last week plus - - - I will pass on an AIO/Boro mod. :greengrin:

But, I still enjoy reading about AIO/Boro mods and RBA's. ;)

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

I've always had a feeling that if I had an AIO/Boro device, I would lose interest or not use it regularly.

For me, a quality squonk setup will always reside at the top. Very closely followed by RTA's.

Jumping into the AIO/Boro world just to see if I might like one seems like a complete waste of my money.

For me, an AIO/Boro setup would have to equal the performance of any of my mech squonk setups. I do not see that as a possibility. Why? For me, it's not possible to beat the ease of setup (and use), performance, quality of vape or flavor a decent RDA + squonk setup offers (for me personally).

Others may feel differently, and that's awesome. :thumbs: Personal preferences and all that jazz.

My mind was made up in the last week plus - - - I will pass on an AIO/Boro mod. :greengrin:

There are some things boro scores well on, they look stylish, you can make small changes that give a visual impact, and they are pocket-friendly.
    All that said, I bought the two Unitanks in case I go the other way and when it comes to RBA I will try to buy so they can get into them.
    Most of what I buy is mostly sbs oriented, that has always been my niche.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

For me, an AIO/Boro setup would have to equal the performance of any of my mech squonk setups. I do not see that as a possibility. Why? For me, it's not possible to beat the ease of setup (and use), performance, quality of vape or flavor a decent RDA + squonk setup offers (for me personally).

My journey started with the Aspire Boxx and grew from there. I have probably 6-8 boro devices and just a few less expensive rbas. I really like the Aspire 2S coils in the boro tanks that fit them and bought a few bridges for them. I always have too many setups in use so try to thin the herd once in a while. This time the Sunbox and the Dovpo Themis got set aside.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    My journey started with the Aspire Boxx and grew from there. I have probably 6-8 boro devices and just a few less expensive rbas. I really like the Aspire 2S coils in the boro tanks that fit them and bought a few bridges for them. I always have too many setups in use so try to thin the herd once in a while. This time the Sunbox and the Dovpo Themis got set aside.

I'm down to 6 setups in my rotation.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    But you do a ton of reviews. If you didn't, would you still have 16 plus a couple pods going?
    I would sure hope not. I figure I’d probably have closer to 8.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

I'm a mutt - each day I use squonk mods, RTAs and boro devices. And I love using all 3.

In the RTA camp: if anyone is sitting on the Blaze Solo RTA fence - jump off and grab one. The flavour is absolutely superb. It's not a finicky wicker and it's keeping up when I chain vape it. The airflow is super smooth and it has more air than even I need. :ohmy:

DSC03351asm.jpg

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Good morning folks,

I might get a package to pick up today, the one that sat in the customs authority's claw for a week.

It looks very very good, like how you left the satin stripes, nice break.
    You have done a fantastic job mate.
    Thanks for your guidance!
    To be honest, the remaining satin in the grooves was beginner's luck- I just hadn't worked out how to get rid of it, so left it there.
    I have one more question. Once I remove the last marks and scratches and get the most out of the P1200 sandpaper, can I bring the SS to a higher gloss with other material like leather or plain paper?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Thanks for your guidance!
    To be honest, the remaining satin in the grooves was beginner's luck- I just hadn't worked out how to get rid of it, so left it there.
    I have one more question. Once I remove the last marks and scratches and get the most out of the P1200 sandpaper, can I bring the SS to a higher gloss with other material like leather or plain paper?
    Yes you can, you can go finer grading than P1200. Any auto body shop should have finer grade if you choose to sand.
    As a rule, I choose to use the p1200 long after it has worn out.

I really liked the satin stripes, I feel they lift the whole stainless look. Well done mate.

Users who are viewing this thread