Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jfcooley, Dec 2, 2017.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
At least it will be unique....
You know... spending money on a gift so you can buy yourself one (especially if this is a new behavior for you) well.... I pray to the Gods of Nicotine that all will be well in your household upon the Christmas gift morning. But I have to say, if I were your wife, I would be both amused and suspicious.....
Oh dear Nicotine Overlord Above, may the revealing of the reason for the gift NOT outrage the wife, causing vape Harm to Her, or her Sneaky Spouse.... May the gift be thoughtful enough to not cause a Marital Explosion on Christmas Morning, at least Not Until the Kids go Out Somewhere, and Protect the Creator of this Thread from any Purchasing Errors, Amen.
Lol, don't think anything vaping related would cause a fight.
She sells these nail wrap things. All I really have to do is support that.
Having something coming in the mail is always something to look forward to. I like that sensation. Lately, however, akin to the song, "the trill is gone". The last few things that have arrived have been very anticlimactic. "Go to the mailbox. Drag it in". It's really kinda slammed the brakes on for me. I'm even passing over a lot of reviews. "Oh, another Smok, whatever". I've discovered that I've amassed enough "stuff" That I can look on the shelf and find something I haven't used in so long that it is for all intents and purposes new again. Of course there's always consumables so shopping will never stop completely.
even some maint items IE new batteries is some time hard to pass up when budget has been exceeded
Batteries are the heart of my gear and my rule book says no amount is too much.
yeah but I have already spent over $100 this month and NEED to purchase more tools for work, currently have just enough batteries to keep gear going but it is tight some times.
Sooo, I really need to hold off till a REALLY good sale/discount comes along on 26650 batteries(RTD)
Try vapecrawler.com for price checking. If you can hold out until christmas there will be some sales.
THE MANIFESTO. It's lengthy, like most manifestos. I so didn't even try to edit it down...
Shinyitis Support Thread Manifesto: For the Spendthrift Among our Ranks
If you’ve arrived at this thread with curiosity in your heart, you may already know the definition of Shinyitis, but a few notes on this matter are important:
1) ALL NECESSARY VAPING SUPPLIES are EXEMPT from the Support Group thread, as it is important to actually be able to vape. This includes coils, batteries, e-juice and DIY supplies for both e-liquid and coil-making, including batteries and chargers. WITH THAT said, if your DIY-den involves more flavorings than a commercial outfit might have, it may be time to calm down. If you have twelve-hundred different wires or premade coils, perhaps that is a bit excessive. The MANIFESTO supports backups as well, to a point. If you have one or two backups of your favorite tank or mod, that is NOT shinyitis. If you find something new that you like and buy twelve backups when you already have twelve backups of OTHER items, that creeps toward shinyitis.
This is important, as over purchasing certain “reusable” items may result in a poor credit condition, meaning that one does not have the ability to purchase needed supplies anymore, as all vape related money has been spent. But, for the most part, the items listed above are exempt from the shinyitus condition. ALSO, BULK nicotine may be purchased at any time, given the need to stockpile in the event of a vacopalypse, or the FDA being jerks.
2) ACTS OF SHINYITIS: They include purchasing items on a whim, purchasing items on a credit card that one knows one will not be able to pay off during the billing cycle, purchasing items out of “curiosity” or impulse, needing to have the “latest and greatest” pre-order item (before any feedback on the item is even available), purchasing every possible mod from a vendor (Provari, I am talking to you) due to enjoyment of said vaping item, even after it’s no longer necessary or required. Late-night impulse buying (with or without alcohol involved) with vague feelings of regret/excitement the next morning and an emotional hangover would also fall under a shinyitis purchase. Exceeding the limits of one’s vape budget knowingly and with full awareness also is an act of shinyitis and may lead to lack of funds elsewhere and a need to eat beans and rice for the next month. Knowing one should return or cancel the item the next day but failing to do so also falls under the definition of shinyitis. Lurking around the forum looking at vendor’s posts out of interest (I am guilty of this act) leading to impulse purchasing also falls under the definition of shinyitis, as well as frequent examination of the Classified Section of ECF, and buying something unnecessary due to great pricing more than a need or desire for the item. Frequent use of vapecrawler (e.g. daily) is also a sign of the condition. But, enough about shinyitis, if you have the condition, you know it. DEEP IN YOUR HEART, YOU KNOW IT.
THE SHINYITIS MANIFESTO CONTENDS: Shinyitis is an incurable condition. Do not think that by addressing it, you will never buy another tank or mod again and the Shinyitis Support Group thread is here to help you, by either supporting your purchase (even if it is inadvisable) but offering continued support and encouragement to hold out a little bit longer next time. As Shinyitis sufferers, we will either enable you (if that is your desire) or encourage you to dig a little deeper into the self-control well. We will also encourage, entertain, and amuse you in the hopes of distracting you from the current state of affairs. We will CELEBRATE our successes with each other, and HOPE and PRAY to the God of Nicotine that failure to purchase is easier NEXT time. Shinyitis can be placed in remission, but relapse is always possible. Knowing this, the MANIFESTO contends that Shinyitis can only be addressed a day, an hour, or sometimes even a minute at a time. Shinyitis must be addressed every day, regardless of the results, as it is certain that battling this condition will lead to vape purchasing improvements over time. No one on the Shinyitis thread will tell anyone not to buy anything (unless it’s a dreadful mod) as, as Shinyitis sufferers ourselves, we know the occasional or frequent difficulty with halting purchases, even for a short period of time, and besides, you have free will so it’s not like we can stop you. We can, however, encourage you to examine your vaping acts as you partake in them, and advise and support along the way. Bargain hunting is not encouraged on the Shinyitis thread, as it may have a ripple effect, leading to mass purchasing from readers of the thread.
THE MANIFESTO contends that Shinyitis sufferers are not bad people getting good, but sick people getting well. THE MANIFESTO strongly encourages humor, gentle guidance, and patience with new Shinyitis sufferers, and with ourselves. THE MANIFESTO also contends that if the only way to stop smoking is to frequently purchase, that is a preferable state than smoking cigarettes. The Shinyitis Support Group understands that almost anything is better than a return to tobacco, which would in all likelihood be less cost-effective overall.
THE MANIFESTO notes the favorable conditions for a shiny purchase:
1) You really need it.
2) You can afford it.
3) It’s something you know you will use frequently and it will improve your vaping experience
4) If you have vast funds for vaping, you don’t need us, and enjoy yourself. We respectfully request that you do not flaunt this matter on this thread.
5) Decorative items are tricky. Some people enjoy blinging out their tanks, and while it is not strictly necessary, it may help some sufferers with remaining cigarette free. You still need to be able to afford it.
6) Needed items, including nicotine base.
7) You don’t feel anxious as you purchase, or feel any buyer’s remorse.
8) You have researched the item thoroughly, you really want it and believe it will be used frequently.
9) You know that if you are trying something experimental for you, you can PIF without regret if it does not work out.
10) You have meditated/prayed with/to the God of Nicotine, and conditions appear auspicious for your purchase.
THE MANIFESTO NOTES UNFAVORABLE CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE:
1) You are breaking a commitment to not purchase said item, or any item, after you have stated you will not.
2) You can’t really figure out why/how you bought it, but you did. There is still time to return the item, but you don’t.
3) You are purchasing an item on a high-interest credit card with the full knowledge that you are unlikely to pay the credit card off with the next billing cycle.
4) You are purchasing your 5th backup of an item, unless it is genuinely an item that is “perfect” for you, and you know you will use it immediately, as you use similar equipment for all flavors. If it is likely the item will be available later and you don’t really need it and it will sit in your closet with three identical tanks, that is not a favorable purchase.
5) You have a vaguely sick feeling in your stomach as you purchase the item, even as you really desire it.
6) Impulse buying, or buying without thorough research, leading to the need to get rid of the item somehow, as you feel you have wasted your money and know the item will sit, unused, probably forever.
7) Friends and family are starting to make note of your vaping collection and how it has swollen, but you are purchasing more anyway.
8) Purchasing because you have nothing in the mail, and feel the need to be “awaiting” something. Await your ALREADY FANTASTIC VAPES.
9) You have communed mentally with the God of Nicotine, and you hear a “No.”
10) You feel you must have an item as it is “the latest and greatest” although you are aware that it really offers no great improvements over the vapes you already enjoy.
THE SHINYITIS THREAD RULES:
Do post as often as you need to, soliciting support from other members. Do post your successes (and your failures). Do exercise good judgment in posting concerning another member’s offering, and be kind to new arrivals to this thread. Do not beat yourself up for past purchases, or even new purchases, if the purchase happened, but examine the chain of events leading to the purchase with the hopes of understanding one’s purchasing limitations better, and triggers to impulse or unnecessary purchases. Do solicit support, advice, and guidance from members of the thread, with the understanding that we are all ill ourselves. Post any assistive strategies used to slow down Shinyitis, including vape budgeting, self-control, and thinking or praying oneself out of the problem, including distractions used. Be encouraging but also gentle when addressing other members. Understand that this illness has a frequent and periodic failure rate, especially during sales or holidays. Do remember that we are using the God of Nicotine as our assistant, and a certain amount of prayer and meditation may take place on the thread (a good slow-down strategy, even for a short time, even if leading to ultimate failure).
THE MANIFESTO NOTES that unlike OTHER manifestos, we really aren’t trying to tell you what to do. Honestly, no one is going to suggest how to overthrow a government, a tempting website, or any other acts of terrorism and/or influence making. Unlike many manifestos, this one encourages self-control (if desired) and gentle encouragement, not the need to turn ECF into a BUY-REDUCTION site. The manifesto DOES encourage those who have beaten the condition and done so for a year or more to post how that happened on this thread, as we’d all like to know about it. However, the manifesto is emphatically not supportive of member’s behaving like Jehovah’s Witnesses and showing up on someone’s doorstep (or inbox) with solicitation materials. The MANIFESTO emphatically doesn’t support attempted conversions to the MANIFESTO’S principles and ideas. The MANIFESTO indicates that proselytizing—about anything—is a more negative behavior than overspending in and of itself. We do not evangelize, cajole, or preach. While we may carry the message to other sufferers, this is done by example, not acts of outreach.
The TWELVE TENANTS OF SHINYITIS RECOVERY:
1. We admitted we were powerless over shiny things and our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives to the care of the God of Nicotine, as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our vape equipment.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact number of our vape purchases.
6. Were entirely ready to have the God of Nicotine remove any defects in purchasing.
7. Humbly asked the God of Nicotine to remove our Shinyitis shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons our excessive purchases of vape gear has harmed
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure our vaping or that of others.
1o. Continued to take vape Shinyitis inventory and when we had wrongly purchased, promptly admitted and cancelled it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the God of Nicotine as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for our vape and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Shinyitis sufferers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The MANIFESTO HOPES that this material has been useful, and may the God of Nicotine be with you, as you purchase and do not purchase, and wishes us all the best luck, the most sane purchases, and a slow-down of vaping purchases (if necessary). THE MANIFESTO also encourages sufferers to comment when they have made a sane and useful purchase, and the reasons that support that.
For sure i'm looking at a new mod for christmas (which would be my last for a while)
mostly looking at ts mods idk why but i feel like having one for the lolz
the 2 options i have are the smoant charon ts 218 and the g-priv 2 from smok (kit)
i'm curious about the baby x with it's top airflow but both mods look about the same except for the fire method (button vs fire bar)
Anyone with thoughts about which they like best ?
Weren't you mostly a smok person? I'd say go with the Charon, but it's you spending your money, it does seem that folks that have it are happy with it... So why not branch out into something new?
Good luck deciding, I think OlderNDirt may have the smok g-priv, thinking off the top of my head... I would try something new, personally
The only smok product i own is the big baby which i haven't used in like 2 weeks now xD i don't like smok's tank but haven't tried any mods that's why i'm wondering Thing is both the smoant and g-priv have basically the same UI biggest difference i think is mostly the fire button
I'm in need of major therapy! I have the gbox on order. Then bought th e 510 dripbox, two dead rabbits, new panels for the pulse before the frosted ones came out (smh) ordered another black resin Drag and more I can't think of and then someone posted that the council wrath was in sell for 30 bucks,so I had to order it. Major help is needed for me. Do I get the new frosted pink and white panels for the pulse? Can I wait? Will the kids really miss Christmas? I just don't know
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Qc, Smoant does respectable tc, Smok not so much. I have Charon tc and am pleased with my purchase.
hehe, I had carts loaded with squonk gear last weekend and somehow managed to only order batteries, vg and a few flavor refills. Today I bought 500' rayon so I should be good on wicks for the next 10 - 15 years. I even managed to drive past at least 2 vape shapes when I went out just now.
That's awesome, Fozzy I haven't purchased anything vape related since yesterday. I did redeem my Flavorshack prize, and decided that was plenty for today, and whatnot.
@Stuffw1972, welcome to the thread! You *do* sound like a member, so WELCOME
And straight into enabling........did not see rules define said penalty for such an act......hmmmmm......j/k
and I have a g-priv also .......good mod. me like
Enabling is permitted, in fact encouraged IF the poster wants to buy something (unless the equipment sucks).
My worst fear is that after I'm gone, my heirs will sell all my stuff for the prices I claimed I paid for it.
Holy ....! I gotta read all that?!
Separate names with a comma.