Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia "Back then it was expensive to talk on phone." Party lines, you could talk to the other two people on the line for free. Each person on the line had a different number of rings.

I gotta stop reading you posts.
Party lines were before my time. Would have loved them I'm sure.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
@mattiem Oh, I am still that way. Save for everything. Got rid of all my credit cards twenty five years ago and never regretted it. If I buy something online I just go get a gift card for the exact amount. Don't have to worry about anyone hacking my CC number either.
We still use our credit card for the convenience but it gets payed off each month. I actually get payed to use it so it is a win for me. I just noticed that I have another $200.00 worth of points accumulated.

I know that it is hard for some folks to curtail the spending when it comes to credit cards because it is so easy to overspend with one and if not payed off each month those interest charges can add up fast. I just use it as one more tool to help keep my spending under control.

Sadly I have been hacked twice during the 6 years I've been buying vape related stuff. One time I knew how it happened. A supplier actually fessed up to being hacked and I got caught in it. The second time I have no idea. :(

oops, looks like I have wandered away from what this thread is all about.....sorry 'bout that.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yep looking at stuff is the worst... "I'm just curious... that looks so nice... it's really NOT that expensive," and etc. All of a sudden, money can exit the bank account. I try really really hard to not impulse buy anymore...

Well, getting gifted a provari was the worst/best as well, as I immediately "required" more, LOL. I was like, "This thing is the BEST, better get more and all kinds...."

That was probably my most expensive buying stint, excluding nic. But, I swear to the God of Nicotine that it is OVER. LOL. I kinda maybe want to ask a mod to ban me if I ever buy another one....:lol::lol::lol:

Anna
There is a listing of 'ban-able offenses' around here somewhere.......pretty sure shinyitis is NOT one of them.

:)

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
Anna manifesto starting point

back ups , maintenance items(ie batteries, coils, wire, wicking material, and juice or juice making items) not shinyitis items

latest and greatest just because of newness prob shinyitis

you already have back ups x10 = Shinyitis

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2013
Saco,ME,USA
If I remember right when I dumped mine the rate was something like 10%. If you were late it jumped to 12. I thought that was crazy. What are they now... I have seen 18% regular rate, something like 23% if you are late. To me that is just psychotic and what kills me is they shovel the things to kids in their teens.

OK, I'm ranting...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Chia pets :lol::lol::lol:, so crazy crazy. I refused to allow one in the house (as a youth and later as an adult with a youth).

My son had many pet rocks, but he found them outside. After a while, when the pile got big enough, when he'd bring me one, I would tell him I would put it on the pile, then take it outside.

When I told him that (recently, I think??) as a 20 year old, he was STILL very indignant about the situation, but man, you can only have so many pet rocks before you fill up the house. The husband has a few, on the mantelpiece, as well.

I do.not.understand, but get pet rocks that are free at least!!!!!!!!!! :)

Anna

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
So, I have my beloved Therion.
I want this new dotMod mech sqonk.

I have probed and probed and come to find that I'm likely to lose parts I don't want to lose if I order it.

But there is Xmas money coming.

My plan is to get her something nice. See we've never given each other gifts in the 10+ years we've been together. I give her something nice, she gets me nothing, I say it's ok, wait a day or two...then maybe mention the mod...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So, I have my beloved Therion.
I want this new dotMod mech sqonk.

I have probed and probed and come to find that I'm likely to lose parts I don't want to lose if I order it.

But there is Xmas money coming.

My plan is to get her something nice. See we've never given each other gifts in the 10+ years we've been together. I give her something nice, she gets me nothing, I say it's ok, wait a day or two...then maybe mention the mod...
Buy both yourself and thank her profusely when you tell her what she got you. :nun:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Then MY pet rocks would be in a box...
Hopefully, she will be so awestruck with what you bought her, that yours pales in comparison....so ya gotta make it really, really nice......and expensive looking........;)

Users who are viewing this thread