Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
So I hate my new charger.
Shinyitis kicked in and I bought the one I want.

Now I have 2 chargers. Sigh
If you consider the i8 as a purpose bought backup and the other the primary, then I believe they become exempt from shinyitis status.

BTW, which one did you get?

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Luc Blu6.
s-l300.jpg

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I still proclaim I DO NOT HAVE SHINYITIS! What I have is this unquenchable thirst to discover an even better vape then my current "best ever!"

You know, I gave up on this at some point. I have Lemos, KFL's, and Nautilus. Haven't got any different tanks for a long time, just stashing away more of the same. In theory I could find a tank that gave me a 40% better vape, whatever that might mean. But I just can't be bothered to look for it. I get a fine vape now. I'm still getting better at setting up the Lemos and KFL's. Just made my first SS coil, been too busy to mess with it yet and figure out TC. And I try out slightly different wicking styles sometimes.

Doesn't affect thee urge to buy stuff though. More spare Nautilus parts. KFL screws. The never ending search for replacement Lemo o-rings.

For me it's just the process of looking, buying, and watching the USPS screen. It doesn't cost much money any more which is good.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
So, y'all are the peeps who help talk folks outta buying sheets, huh? I've read a few posts and, well...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

View attachment 704219
Depends on what you're after.

There are some who are proative at helping you NOT purchase.

I personally enjoy the darker side.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey DP, welcome to the party. So what don't you need?:D

LOL! I can't honestly say that I actually expected vapers to be talking vapers out of purchases, but the thread title is certainly intriguing. ;)

Good stuff. I'll make some popcorn and read the rest tomorrow, just for the funny of it. :D

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
You know, I gave up on this at some point. I have Lemos, KFL's, and Nautilus. Haven't got any different tanks for a long time, just stashing away more of the same. In theory I could find a tank that gave me a 40% better vape, whatever that might mean. But I just can't be bothered to look for it. I get a fine vape now. I'm still getting better at setting up the Lemos and KFL's. Just made my first SS coil, been too busy to mess with it yet and figure out TC. And I try out slightly different wicking styles sometimes.

Doesn't affect thee urge to buy stuff though. More spare Nautilus parts. KFL screws. The never ending search for replacement Lemo o-rings.

For me it's just the process of looking, buying, and watching the USPS screen. It doesn't cost much money any more which is good.

Now you got me thinking.......

As I read this, we have the same unquenchable thirst for the best vape. Your search is through your builds, attys, and wires. Guess you could say with the plethora of variables and possible combinations, one could spend a lot of time depending on the depth of the search. I actually envy those with the skill, and more importantly the ability to undertake that search.

But for some of us unfortunately unable to make that degree of commitment due to physical limitations, such a search can not only burn a substantial amount of time, but lead to frustration that removes any and all enjoyment from the activity. Oh, I can and do build.......on a good day. But the time and effort it takes, it is on a limited basis mostly to stay in practice as, shall we say, an insurance policy. So for the cost of a new tank every 4 to 6 months, I'll enjoy that extra time I saved happily vaping away.

So, as I see it, we have the same unquenchable thirst. We just choose dissimilar search methods, both of which can and do work. And we're all happy vapers! :vapor:

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
LOL! I can't honestly say that I actually expected vapers to be talking vapers out of purchases, but the thread title is certainly intriguing. ;)

Good stuff. I'll make some popcorn and read the rest tomorrow, just for the funny of it. :D
By the title I'm still not sure if we're supposed to be supporting people with shinyitis, or if we're supposed to be supporting shinyitis itself. Either way seems to work, depending on the mood I guess. :thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, the shinyitis thread is here to enable (if desired) or talk you out if it, if desired. :) Although it has been leaning rather hard toward NOT talking folks out of purchases, but hey, that's the way it is with shinyitis sufferers, sometimes.

I still have purchased nothing other than my DIY Flavor Shack win "purchase". I'm liking it! :)

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Now you got me thinking.......

As I read this, we have the same unquenchable thirst for the best vape. Your search is through your builds, attys, and wires. Guess you could say with the plethora of variables and possible combinations, one could spend a lot of time depending on the depth of the search. I actually envy those with the skill, and more importantly the ability to undertake that search.

But for some of us unfortunately unable to make that degree of commitment due to physical limitations, such a search can not only burn a substantial amount of time, but lead to frustration that removes any and all enjoyment from the activity. Oh, I can and do build.......on a good day. But the time and effort it takes, it is on a limited basis mostly to stay in practice as, shall we say, an insurance policy. So for the cost of a new tank every 4 to 6 months, I'll enjoy that extra time I saved happily vaping away.

So, as I see it, we have the same unquenchable thirst. We just choose dissimilar search methods, both of which can and do work. And we're all happy vapers! :vapor:

With you on the physical limitations thing. My eyes just don't do it any more when it comes to stuff as small as coils. I have to use a headlight. Some mornings my hands hurt pretty bad. None of this stuff gets better. That's why I took up the Nautilus. I buy some coils each month and put most of them in a box. And I've been designing a tank opening tool, in my head only so far. It will grip one side of a join, then let me use something like a miniature oil filter wrench to turn the other side. I'll let the world know when I get it built.

On a cheery note my wife just asked me what I want for Christmas, so I'm going to get a Jac after all. I had decided not to since I don't buy new stuff any more.

Users who are viewing this thread