Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    I totally agree Tor.

In the Are you done stocking up thread UJ posted this: "Over the past few weeks, I've read a few posts on the FT forum & Reddit of people saying that other Chinese sites are charging (quite heftily) for the Chinese govt taxes."

So other Chinese sites are already charging their customers for those taxes.
    Thanks for the link.
    3F has not increased prices, next store out?
    I'm not in many Chinese stores so I don't know who is raising the prices and planning to be in the business.
    I haven't checked the prices from China to the larger European ones, but there can't be a big difference.

But 36 or 47% in tax is stores that enter significantly cheaper than what a Chinese warehouse will be. And the packages in Europe also arrive.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    And the Chinese taxes are possibly hidden in the higher shipping costs people have been paying.
    That is probably what they are going to do, keep the products cheap and sky high shipping costs for the customers.

But technically, can they do it in conjunction with paying the right tax to China?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    RIP fasttech. You will be much missed.
    Hear hear. There seemed something extra about FT's commitment to their customers. Plus they supplied so many little cheap bespoke items that made our vape hobby interesting.
    For Australians and New Zealanders they were especially important. We never had the big retailers like the USA did before the laws screwed everyone there. We relied on FT for variety, decent prices and cheap shipping.
    And where else could you buy affordable, great quality clones before 3F and SM joined the party?
    Sad days. I wonder if SXK will also die?

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I do know of the company Mate. I haven't shopped there before myself but I've only heard positive things about them :thumb:
    @Pigs might be able to give you some info on these guys, he's a juice making piggy!!
    Never heard of them. I get all my mixing supplies from Flavour World. I seem to remember someone giving me a Flavour World gift certificate...hmmm wonder who that was?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning folks,

2022-12-07 11:07
    Norway,OSLO LETTER CENTER, The shipment has arrived in destination country.

2022-12-02 05:02
    United Kingdom,LANGLEY HWDC, The shipment has been sent from origin country.

2022-12-02 04:33
    United Kingdom,LANGLEY HWDC, The shipment has been collected

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Quick pop in as usual hehe

Ok so pretty busy morning,typical pharmacy and supermarket on the run to gather all that i needed and with just enough time to finish my review of the Drag 4:

Shiny wise not much to tell,using my Lost Vape Centaurus M200 for when i go out to run errands,everyone is loving the bling bling look :lol:
    At home i stick to my good ol' Jackaroo,i just love this mod with the rubbery grip...fits like a glove.
    Shame Vandy Vape doesn't make them anymore and there are few of them in the market,oh well.

About to pull the plug on a tripod,bit pricy but it is very well made and it serves 2 purposes: front view and i can rotate the phone downwards for the unboxing segments of my videos.
    Then just need the mic and the light and i am ready to go.

Oh vaping wise i am trying some new flavors to add to my usual Shiva from A&L aromas,30ml of Shiva added to one of those base+nic kits.
    Mix well then divide that in 2 chubby gorilla 120ml bottle,i then added vanilla aroma (10ml) to one bottle and cookies (10ml) to another.

Tried both of them,cookies....meh but vanilla was a much welcome surprise,who would have thought i would like vanilla.
    It pairs well with the minty fresh of the Shiva aroma,will continue to do this 2 bottle tryout sort of thing for all new flavors i decide to try.

Well anyway,off to do some house cleaning and whatnot.
    Hope you all have a great day,this song will probably help you along the way:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    That is probably what they are going to do, keep the products cheap and sky high shipping costs for the customers.

But technically, can they do it in conjunction with paying the right tax to China?

Forgive me for there is much to say... :greengrin:

Perhaps for a time, there will be some Chinese online stores who will pay what they must in order to remain in business while also satisfying the Chinese government. Remaining stores will pass on additional costs to their customers in order to continue earning healthy profit margins.

Much depends on how hard the Chinese government decides to drop the hammer on remaining online vape stores. Their new legislation (effective 1 October 2022) drove FT out of business. It happened to FT so who's to say it won't happen to those remaining???

It's safe to say, based on the number of customers, that for the last 10 years FT was the #1 player in China. They were "pushed out" of the market. The remaining players are for the most part smaller in size and scope. They could easily be "removed" from the playing field at will.

I am 100% confident the Chinese government fully understands the vape market. IMO they know full well disposable pods are where the continuous stream of money resides.

As I see it, we are witnessing the squeezing out of those who threaten the livelihood of BT. They've made clear their desire to be the only players of significance in the vape market via closed vape devices.

The global vape market size value in 2022 is USD 22.46 billion.
    The revenue forecast for 2030 is expected to be USD 182.84 billion.
    That's a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 30.0% from 2022 to 2030.
    (above data from the E-cig and Vape Market Size Report 2022-2030)

It's not a stretch to say BT will reap the lions share of that 182.84 billion. Some of the main players who will divy up that $$$: Altria Group, Inc., British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands, Japan Tobacco Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company, state owned China National Tobacco Corporation and ITC Ltd. in India.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

My PO box is turning into the 12 days of vapemail :blush:

AliTricore.jpeg

These came from Aliexpress, shipping time of 15 days.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Hi all! Just dropping by to say hello. Ongoing health issues have been hampering my social media activity but I haven’t forgotten you all. I’m on the mend so I’ll be sure to contribute soon again.

I can’t remember if my last posts mentioned my latest shiny vape mail but it included 2 Blaze Solos RDAs and another Blaze RTA. I haven’t built any yet but I’m looking forward to pushing onward this weekend. I’m also eager to try out the Solos especially.

Hope everyone has a lovely day :wub: !

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Hi all! Just dropping by to say hello. Ongoing health issues have been hampering my social media activity but I haven’t forgotten you all. I’m on the mend so I’ll be sure to contribute soon again.

I can’t remember if my last posts mentioned my latest shiny vape mail but it included 2 Blaze Solos RDAs and another Blaze RTA. I haven’t built any yet but I’m looking forward to pushing onward this weekend. I’m also eager to try out the Solos especially.

Hope everyone has a lovely day :wub: !
    you are always an awesome contributor :wub:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread