Small RTA for MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Those premade coils from FT are great deal but I hate them... they are counterclockwise winded and for me instaling them in Project X is not easy but rather pain in the ...:( if they would be clockwise winded I would love them :D
Maybe it's your clock?
upload_2019-8-23_20-25-54.png

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Ribbon and flat wires are interesting.

Temco is a great idea though, as you can always use a heavy cup and a pair of pliers to knock up some twisted wire.

But one of the best pieces of advice that I could give to folks starting to make their own coils, would to be to get hold of a few different wire gauges. As you never know exactly what you want until you find it.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    Since I was mentioned, my opinion on the Ulton Tripod is that it is very good, but I can't compare it with the original. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the way the deck and top filling cap are removed, lining up those dots without my glasses is annoying, but it's serviceable. Flavour is excellent but not the best in that department when compared with others I own which I feel outclass it, especially when vaping tobacco liquids. Doesn't have the best throat hit for me either which is another downside. Only major issue for me is the 2ml capacity, but it makes a good RTA for when I'm out and about.

Prefer the GT III, GTR and FEV, but the Tripod is in rotation.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    BTW, 2ml tank is fine with me... I only vape3-4 ml a day. I actually want a smaller tank.
    Having an issue with steam engine. They seem to have the "dual coil" part backwards... serial cuts resistance in half, parallel doubles resistance.

The Steam Engine Coil Wrapping tab calculates serial vs parallel correctly. I have found, depending on browser used, that certain values can become stuck, thus skewing the resaults. I have only discovered this with Gecko based browsers (Mozilla and its variants), so not sure if it is a bug within Steam, or a fault with the browser. A refresh clears the issue and if it persists, clear your Cache

• Informative
    Reactions: Heartsdelight

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Works fine for me.

24awg Kanthal, 3mm ID

0.5 ohm target yields 5 wraps for single coil

0.5 ohm target yields 11 wraps for dual parallel (11 wrap single coil = 1 ohm / 2 = 0.5 ohm target)

0.5 ohm target yields 2 wraps per coil for dual serial. (2 wraps single coil = 0.25 ohm x 2 = 0.5 ohm target)

The values have been rounded off for simplisity

• Informative
    Reactions: Heartsdelight

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    No worries @Vape Muppet, isn't it always the case.

Atmizoo have the 3.4ml capacity kits available and you can get the Ulton separately as well, depending upon what you have at your disposal.

Yes, always the case. Still waiting on an extension for the V4 eXpromizer. Problem with Atmizoo is paying for DHL shipping on top, and an extra 1.4ml isn't a huge improvement. Ideally I'd want 4.5-5ml capacity. As I said the Tripod is fine to stick on a mech and use it on the go.

2fdeal does sell the 3.5ml extension chimney/tank separately & only adds iirc 2ish mm to the total height.

Thanks. :) Just don't really want to order any more gear at present. And I have too many tanks just to get a 3.5ml extension I might use occasionally. If the Tripod was my main tank it would be a different story.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Yes, always the case. Still waiting on an extension for the V4 eXpromizer. Problem with Atmizoo is paying for DHL shipping on top, and an extra 1.4ml isn't a huge improvement. Ideally I'd want 4.5-5ml capacity. As I said the Tripod is fine to stick on a mech and use it on the go.

Thanks. :) Just don't really want to order any more gear at present. And I have too many tanks just to get a 3.5ml extension I might use occasionally. If the Tripod was my main tank it would be a different story.
    How’s your father doing? Better I hope.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    @Vape Muppet, I wonder what happened to the 4ml Acrylic bubble for the Expromizer V4?

As it was listed on the Expromizer V4 website, then it just disappeared recently.

Yes, it was listed a while back on some of their retailers, especially the German and Italian ones, and then like you say... gone. Given that it's Chinese made and Fasttech have never listed the extension yet maybe it's some production dispute or there's not enough demand. Who knows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread