space have we been there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Reading this thread is just like talking to my husband after he's listened to Clive Lewis for too long.

Oh I also don't watch the clips. These things pervert your mind I think. When I married the husband, he was "sort of interested" in aliens/conspiracies I think. He saw some crazy large ship as a child (he says his mom ran out too) and like, he used to believe it was an alien ship (my money is on blimp or possibly conflated bad B movie.)

Now he thinks he "shares similarities with folks who have been "abducted" when 15 years ago he was just interested in like, abduction as a concept.

You pay attention too much to this stuff, you get weird.

Eyewitnesses aren't (mostly) lying it's just that we all pay attention to different parts of life and fill in the gaps. That's all.

If there are facts, well one fact is if you want to believe in conspiracies just watch enough of these suckers.

It's not that I don't think conspiracies EXIST, I just would rather you know, deal with what I can handle. I KNOW about a ton of conspiracies but not always by choice.

The head of our border patrol here has a radio show. He's pretty extreme and also broke the word filter one time. He is a dude I can get behind listening to. But much of it just hurts mah head.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Vapedog

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
his may be a good one to but its shocking some of the things in this

and things haven't changed a bit, the same kinds of monsters are still the leaders of our culture and political class Saville was just the one of many..Jeffery Epstien...the Podesta brothers...go google Tony Podesta's art collection

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Eyewitnesses aren't (mostly) lying it's just that we all pay attention to different parts of life and fill in the gaps. That's all.

It is a frequent joke within the legal community. No, most are not making a statement with intent to deceive but an eye witness is one of the least reliable forms of evidence. It may rank right around "recovered memory".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe that people believe that stuff.

There was some dude whose life work was to convince people the show Stargate was like ACTUALLY based in reality. This was back when Netflix like, sent you DVDs and it is "no longer available for programming." It's kind of sad because he was super cheering on a day I was feeling sad, stupid, or both. My husband liked them so much, he ordered them several times.

I think that was like back when he was an "observer of conspiracy theories" and less of a "believer in at least some conspiracy theories."

But well...,... I LOVE the Church of Scientology but I was never foolish enough to pay for a "few sessions of auditing."

I miss when Scientology was big, I know it's terrible but I do there are also rumors that they are taking over third world countries.

Again, I neither Believe nor Disbelieve, but I do Enjoy.

Best Cult Ever and yes by that I do mean one of the WORST but also most INTERESTING etc., I mean talk about studies in brainwashing.

Oh well plenty of other bad, bad cults. Oh, say take ANY fringe group and or some religious groups that take thigs too far.....

There's a lot worse to believe in than some of these conspiracy theories, if you ask me.

Anna

Reactions: CMD-Ky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread