SX Zero 50w Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
That might not be too hard to fix. I won't know the hardware details til mine arrives here next week but I wouldn't discard it just yet.

I tried. I didn't feel like having to cut through that copper part the pin screws into. I had to send it back this morning because once you report a problem you only get 48 hours to send it back to them.

If Hotcig ever gets their crap together, or puts the other 510 on the wood one, then I'll get another. Right now, I'm too aggravated between the fire and this messed up one to deal with them anymore.

trickydisco

Feb 17, 2014
Overland Park KS
I received mine yesterday and so far so good. Small gap between the wood and the top of the c frame but not bad. 510 is not perfectly centered but it makes good contact. The button is slightly recessed but very clicky. Are all of the buttons like this? Do any of you think I could switch out to a different one or would it be a pita?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I received mine yesterday and so far so good. Small gap between the wood and the top of the c frame but not bad. 510 is not perfectly centered but it makes good contact. The button is slightly recessed but very clicky. Are all of the buttons like this? Do any of you think I could switch out to a different one or would it be a pita?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't opened the wood unit yet, but I upgraded the previous Hotcig SS SX and i am pretty sure its the same as the wood one the switch upgrade is pretty straight forward but its going to be a PITA finding a suitable switch with a desirable tactile feel, it wouldn't be too hard to use another switch but not sure you will find a straight swap. It's a standard Chinese 12mm X 12mm tactile switch there pretty much all the same you could look out for something else but you really need to handle the switch first to see how it feels.

You could use a mitec 1201 which is one of the best switches for me but this will require removing the switch collar on the frame

Remember you will need to reseal with the C frame once modded.

41489ef6a8c6e55e3df7a5165ab502e6.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Hey zero, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive in Alaska but did the wood come off without having to de solder any electrical components?
I can't say for sure but its construction looks the same as the previous Hotcig SS version. Once you remove the the 2 hex bolts the only thing holding the C frame to the main body is the silicon sealant around the edge. There is a common short GND wire soldered to the C frame.

I may mod mine but I am losing motivation with clone mods these days as everything needs modding and I don't have 40hours a week each time a couple of new mods turn up!

It maybe advisable to check all soldering and wiring on the Hotcig versions as they arent too good, the SKX plastic version seems the best so far but I don't like the plastic marbled effect so better construction but its look is not for me.

I may post back later as previously posted the 510 needs sorting and it will be tricky to reapply the sealant neatly between the wood main body and C frame.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I can't say for sure but its construction looks the same as the previous Hotcig SS version. Once you remove the the 2 hex bolts the only thing holding the C frame to the main body is the silicon sealant around the edge. There is a common short GND wire soldered to the C frame.

I may mod mine but I am losing motivation with clone mods these days as everything needs modding and I don't have 40hours a week each time a couple of new mods turn up!

It maybe advisable to check all soldering and wiring on the Hotcig versions as they arent too good, the SKX plastic version seems the best so far but I don't like the plastic marbled effect so better construction but its look is not for me.

I may post back later as previously posted the 510 needs sorting and it will be tricky to reapply the sealant neatly between the wood main body and C frame.

I hear you. I'm tired of it, too. For the same price I can buy a Sigelei 100W+ and it just works. I don't care if its ugly. I have enough to do with maintaining my tanks to have to fix clone mods.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Hey guys,
I want to purchase one of these from the USA warehouse. While the stock shows available the "add to cart" button is gray and doesn't let me purchase. Does anyone know anything about how to get around this?

FC? Send an email to Doris @ Focale I am sure she will help you out!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Never really heard of angelcigs. Is it a reputable site?

Same as most chinese sites, have some people who had no problems, then who had a lot of problems, heard more complaints against AC though, for things like lying about in stock items, when they are not, and can be hell to get anything returned or refunded if any problems with your product.

You roll the dice basically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread