Terminator/Nautilus/Choddy/Oddy Clone Pics, Tip,Tricks and Quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
All my GG type stuff had been cleaned up and put away(but ready). So I brought out Ithaka and topped my Taifun mod "the eye" with it, simply wonderful. The old has become new again.

I'm right there with you, my Ithaka clone is loaded with my ADV and my Kayfuns are loaded with other flavors. Ceramic is like an old coffee cup, you just don't clean it because it tastes better.

SEE, I told ya! CERAMIC RULES!!
You know, a while ago I thought I should write to Kanger and suggest that they incorporate ceramic in their Evods. I never got around to it, but I got an email from madvapes with the following: T-Dux 3.0, 1.5 Ohm Dual Coil .
Can you believe it? A bottom Duel Coil encased in CERAMIC. I am going to try them out and maybe recommend them to my Coil-Rapping Challenged friends.

I'll let you know.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks. Your link has a review of it, and doesn't sound very good, quality wise. I'll just order my spare from discount vapor again. Thanks for the heads up.
I would go with the Rainbow as well, the Hcigar sounds like it has the threading of some Tobeco's

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
My renewed interest in Ithaka is partly because of the increased power available on a vv mod that can handle 0.7 ohms.
10330234_788055111218715_4679997142195252668_n.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I was thinking the taifun. Eye it is.. Looks like it sits really flush on there. Is the 510 stainless? If so your good. The stainless 510s hold the oddys/terms really well. I've had 0 problems with my zmax other than no af control.
Kind of late but yes, stainless.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've thought about firing up my tobecco oddy but I can't get anymore air through it and after a dripper I just don't think it will cut it. I've drilled the center pin and slotted the 510. And modded my mod. Still just too tight. I guess it could be the tobecco positive pin is smaller than the original. I drilled the center pin with a 1/16 and there's not much more I can drill. I already broke one of the contact tabs off . The Draw is still too tight for me anymore.

Last edited:

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I am new to the Terminator forum. I decided to purchase the Terminator Large all stainless from Stormys. I have had this atty for a few days now and it took me about 10 builds to finally get this device set up right. I was getting frustrated. I am using 3mm German silica with a 1.5ohm coil. I kept getting a burnt taste and I was flooding the atomizer a lot. Now that it is working good, I have to say this device is nice. For a clone the quality is top notch. I feel guilty because I don't own an Odysseus. This is the first clone I have ever purchased. An Odysseus is just so hard to come by. I will purchase an Odysseus when one becomes available and the price is right. Anyway, I have the Terminator on top of the ELA v2 and it is working really well.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I am new to the Terminator forum. I decided to purchase the Terminator Large all stainless from Stormys. I have had this atty for a few days now and it took me about 10 builds to finally get this device set up right. I was getting frustrated. I am using 3mm German silica with a 1.5ohm coil. I kept getting a burnt taste and I was flooding the atomizer a lot. Now that it is working good, I have to say this device is nice. For a clone the quality is top notch. I feel guilty because I don't own an Odysseus. This is the first clone I have ever purchased. An Odysseus is just so hard to come by. I will purchase an Odysseus when one becomes available and the price is right. Anyway, I have the Terminator on top of the ELA v2 and it is working really well.
Usually any flooding is caused by the very top o-ring not sealing for one reason or another. Most times it's because the mouthpiece is not centered.
It is usually not centered because of how the negative leg of the coil it secured.
This thread has all the answers just maybe try using the search feature or just ask, I still monitor this thread.

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Usually any flooding is caused by the very top o-ring not sealing for one reason or another. Most times it's because the mouthpiece is not centered.
It is usually not centered because of how the negative leg of the coil it secured.
This thread has all the answers just maybe try using the search feature or just ask, I still monitor this thread.

Thanks for the info. I got the Terminator working now with no leaks. Do you secure the neg leg with the ring or the housing first? I have watched a few videos on the Terminator and Oddy. I will try different builds when it is time to do a new coil. Now that I have a good build in it I will dry burn the wick as long as I can before it is time to do another coil. I am glad I saved my German silica. I pretty much use organic cotton now for all of my atomizers. I have been going through this thread page by page. There is a lot of info to take in.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Thanks for the info. I got the Terminator working now with no leaks. Do you secure the neg leg with the ring or the housing first? I have watched a few videos on the Terminator and Oddy. I will try different builds when it is time to do a new coil. Now that I have a good build in it I will dry burn the wick as long as I can before it is time to do another coil. I am glad I saved my German silica. I pretty much use organic cotton now for all of my atomizers. I have been going through this thread page by page. There is a lot of info to take in.

I coil the negative lead around the wick in the area at and below the locking ring, never under the ring as in some videos for me. If you go way back in this thread there are some pics as example.

From post #980 of this thread:
FD4E7781-F1BA-4033-A9BD-92931371B359-6318-000003DB0523E765_zps54ab18c8.jpg

Last edited:

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
Good info. I will try that on my next build. So the wire never touches the ring? Just keeps it in place? You seem to really know the Terminator and how to set it up. I appreciate the info. I really like this device. I think once I really learn how to set this up it will be awesome. I am getting a very clean taste with this atty right now. A little different taste than from my RDAs. I will have to get the Oddy at some point just to make a comparison between the two.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I personally didn't wrap the wick because I didn't want to restrict juice flow. For me I made that choice. I run the negative under the ring but I wrap it all the way around and trim so it is even and becomes like a washer. That's the only good way to ring trap. So which ever method you like and works best for you.

Example of the coil removed

Last edited:

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I personally didn't wrap the wick because I didn't want to restrict juice flow. For me I made that choice. I run the negative under the ring but I wrap it all the way around and trim so it is even and becomes like a washer. That's the only good way to ring trap. So which ever method you like and works best for you.

Example of the coil removed

I will have to try that. Seems like a good idea. The assembly would not be off center in any way. It would act like a washer. Thanks for the info. What size wire do you use for both res and non res wire?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread