Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
MFS is my go to as well.

Eric
Been vapin MFS nic for about 10 months now. Seems fine to me. I had just gotten into the other litre I bought from them. I need to buy some more little bottles to split this litre up into for the freezer.
Or I may just put it in whole and wait till I use up the other one in a couple of years?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I am soooo glad I decided to try DIY'ing. Been at it since mid September and I have 3 recipes that are in constant rotation. I LOVE my menthols (sad to see all the menthol hate here :() and am glad to now be spending .07 (cents) a ml versus the almost $1.00 per ml I have been previously.

Next big adventure... Cartos!!~ :D
Menthol hate? Menthol is something you either like or you don't. Enjoy it if you like it.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Not all hate! If I had not found menthol when I started vaping I would have never quit cigs.
Its still my main flavor. One lb off ebay has lasted me 6 yrs, now that's CHEEP!
That is cheap! Wish I liked the stuff.
But when I smoked and if i was out I would not even smoke a bummed menthol.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I am soooo glad I decided to try DIY'ing. Been at it since mid September and I have 3 recipes that are in constant rotation. I LOVE my menthols (sad to see all the menthol hate here :() and am glad to now be spending .07 (cents) a ml versus the almost $1.00 per ml I have been previously.

Next big adventure... Cartos!!~ :D

I don't hate menthol flavors. I just avoided it when I started vaping 3 years ago because I had smoked menthols for 45 years. I feared that if I vaped menthol I would crave a cig. Now that I'm over that I do vape menthol occasionally but it's not my ADV.

Been vapin MFS nic for about 10 months now. Seems fine to me. I had just gotten into the other litre I bought from them. I need to buy some more little bottles to split this litre up into for the freezer.
Or I may just put it in whole and wait till I use up the other one in a couple of years?

Since I only vape 3mg my 100% nic quart bottle I bought from MFS last year is not even dented. My guess is it will last years longer!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I have not done the math but have used maybe 60 ml of 100mg nic in 10 months....
I am probably set for the rest of my life.

I bought some 4oz glass bottles and broke the quart down to freeze. I have only gone through 2 bottles and I'm just on my 3rd. That was also making juice for others too. I bought it in August of 2014 so that's why I'm guessing I still have a few year supply.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Its not just you! lol

and by the way
just for the record, my security blanket...

IPOW w ego one.png

:D

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
You are one lucky lady. Someday you and hubby are going to turn turning and wood box mods into a business!

No plans to do that. These are purely for me. It gives him something to learn and make. :thumbs: And I get some lovely unique vape gear.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Hey can you guys tell me - are these the same things?

Dual Coil 2 Hole 1.5 ohm XL Tank Cartomizer 5 Pack | Dual coil tank replacement cartomizer
510 SMOKTech Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer - 5 Pack
Tank Replacement No Flange Dual Coil Cartomizer 1.25 ohms - 2 Hole

I am looking for the cartomizers for this
SMOKTech Glass DCTank Glass DCTank

I am trying to buy those tanks - but it would be nice to get them mostly from the same place (not spending a ton on shipping)
Yep. They should be the same thing. MVS is clearing theirs out so the price is lower. SV has a big business with cartos, so will have them so long as they are in business, I expect.

You do NOT want the black type cartomizer, however! And the ones from MVS are NOT punched. You would have to punch them yourself.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I get better prices on flavors for what I want at OSDIY Shop. I usually get my nic solution from MFS, however. Sometimes, if OSDIY is out of a flavor I need, I'll get it at MFS, but I'm not fond of the bottles they repackage the TFA flavors in.

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
My next Tootlin' project.

So little room in that Orchid to build on so I'm going to microcoil 28AWG SS430 and hopefully end up in the 0.9 ohm range and use 12mg Nic and hopefully Not keel over from a Nic hit....

12189961_546864032134633_6470180077799158782_n.jpg

Eric

28g Kanthal is my preferred. I usually do 5-6 wraps 2.5 ID spiral wraps (spaced) And man oh man for quick toots at lower wattage is great. No wasted juice, just clean toots. I just recently tried a duel build with a similar setup on my Aromamizer at 0.7Ω and all I can say is I was pretty impressed the performance

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have a tootle-puff related question for the coil gurus. Normally I use 7 wraps of 29ga around 3/32 drillbit, comes to about 1.7 ohms. If I used 28ga, I could do 8 wraps, and it would come to about 1.5 ohms -- fairly similar. The thing is, in the past I haven't cared for 28ga because it seems too slow to heat up. I fire my 29ga coils at 9w -- how high do you estimate I would need to set the watts, to overcome that slowness, yet not end up with too hot a vape? Just looking for a ballpark figure.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
28g Kanthal is my preferred. I usually do 5-6 wraps 2.5 ID spiral wraps (spaced) And man oh man for quick toots at lower wattage is great. No wasted juice, just clean toots. I just recently tried a duel build with a similar setup on my Aromamizer at 0.7Ω and all I can say is I was pretty impressed the performance

Nice!

Reason I'm using SS430 wire tho is because I can use it in TC mode on the Cloupor Mini+ pictured above or a Mech.

I did email Unkamen Supplies to see if he will get in SS430 in 30AWG, He said he was going to look in to it. Just want to try some.

I'm building single coils.

Eric

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
I have a tootle-puff related question for the coil gurus. Normally I use 7 wraps of 29ga around 3/32 drillbit, comes to about 1.7 ohms. If I used 28ga, I could do 8 wraps, and it would come to about 1.5 ohms -- fairly similar. The thing is, in the past I haven't cared for 28ga because it seems too slow to heat up. I fire my 29ga coils at 9w -- how high do you estimate I would need to set the watts, to overcome that slowness, yet not end up with too hot a vape? Just looking for a ballpark figure.

Andria

Honestly if I was doing that I would say somewhere between 11-13w It should heat up a bit more, but not unbearable. After 13w at your suggested vape style it might start to get too warm to enjoy. (assuming you are still using 29g.)

With my experience using 28g 15w at 5 wraps can warm up pretty quickly, so it's nice for quicky toots while still remaining fairly cool, while at near 20w if you don't draw hard and fast it gets throat roasting hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread