The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Triple wick coil

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bishopheals, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bishopheals

Bishopheals Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island

I use a total of 4 upper tubes 1 comes standard with the GGTS. to add 2 18650 the way I do it is add an additional 3 upper tubes which makes 4.
    I linked it under description of the video.

2. JthaBigVapor

JthaBigVapor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    hmmmmmm...

I think I heard that said somewhere before... :p (@ bish)

3. BigErn

BigErn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Wow, this thread has really helped me sort out my coil issues. Thanks everyone! -Ern

4. BigErn

BigErn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2012
    Georgia
  5. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Big very very neat. try to keep your coils inside ceramic circle and not let them go to outside to channels. You want the none resistant wire already coming out of that opening.

My two cents.

if that's 32 gauge resistant you can try single coil at 1.25 -1.5 inches that should give you a nice low resistance ohms for a single battery @ 3.7 volts.

After you get this and feel comfortable you can try dual coils which are easy to make once you mastered single coil.

6. Osiris11

Osiris11 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2012
    London
    That looks very neat :)
    I still got a way to go to get as good like that at doing my wire

7. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    At the meet this past Sunday I made a sweet 1.3 ohm single coil triple wick coil.....

Its awesome on 3.7 volts which is cool as I have some mods to try that are 3.7 :)

8. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    You'll never get a burn or dry taste that's for sure.

now keep in mind if the wick is thick don't force 3 wicks. this was made for the original silica wicks that came with Ody and Penelope. So If you are using the 3.5 M wick I would only double it not triple that.

9. Zebassis

Zebassis Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Sandy Hook CT
    What I tend to do is use a piece of 3.5 for the long piece, and 2 x 3.0 for the short sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Well the 3.5 is thick... thats for sure I prob wouldnt use more than a double with that, Bruce and I think so too.

Careful not to force the wick into the ceramic, you could break it....

11. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island

I strongly suggest you dont do that. You dont need that much wick and your going to choke the assembly. As I said earlier this 3 wick design was for the original silica wick that came with Penelope and Odysseus that wick was as thin as the CE2 wick.

I am currently finishing up my testing with 3.5 wicks against nextal and i will be discussing the differences and why i suggest to use double wick of 3.5 and 1 wick of nextal. If you have ce2 wick then those i say 3 wicks is ok.

3.5 wick is fat and you can fit another 3.5 wick even in Penelope with no problem. That's all what you need when vaping a real thick juice. I also use it for thin juices to keep it extra moist. Ask Justin and may others when they tried the triple for there reactions. Im sure those people if they have 3.5 wick they can feel the difference and they know already by touching the 3.5 wick that 2 wicks in this size is more than enough.

Believe me my friend I wouldn't steer anyone wrong.

12. springfieldarms

springfieldarms Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2011
    Albuquerque
    Dual Nextel has been working pretty sweet for me in ody

13. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Anyone try any interesting coil set ups lately?

14. Zebassis

Zebassis Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2012
    Sandy Hook CT
    Just a standard one here, but you should have seen the one I took out of my Ody last night after 2 weeks of Boca Breeze!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. JthaBigVapor

Mar 16, 2012
    Florida
    Oh?

Did you use it like a fiend??? I know I do so my wick looks like it :p

16. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    WOW Bishop, Other than Imeo I think you must be dreaming and living GG and Ody. Your mind comes up with some of the best tips and tricks for making the best of the best even better all the time. Dont stop..... I love ya , man. The taste is even more amazing and the cloud is bigger. Again , thanks for this idea you shared with us.

17. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
  18. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Hi guys, being that looking for something new give my mesh build a try.

19. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Hey Bishop, I tried the build in which you put a piece of oxidized mesh and wrap it around the cotton right where you do your wraps and it turned out a disaster. All it did was burn at the point where the mesh ended at sides. Im sure I goofed it up. Ive tried it a few times, first time it worked but hardly any vapour, the other times , just burn, baby burn. I had to scrub my ceramic, cause it got blackend, and then soak the ceramic in efferdent to make sure any smoky flavour was gone.

20. Bishopheals

May 23, 2012
    Staten Island
    Thats not the mesh build I was referring to. the one your mentioning was an experiment that Imeo, manos and I were doing which I dont advise anyone to try because its very unstable. the one I was referring to is this one.

This one I did Ody in UFS using mesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.