Status
Not open for further replies.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
hey, sci! that harbor freight pill fob holds 2.5ML and if you grind the inside you can fit the booster in (maybe with the caps).
i doubt that anybody is working on this project but I wanna share my ideas (like i know anything...:lol:) im using a spring i took from an insulin vanishing needle. i stuck it inside the bottom positive and its fixed than i carefully insert the other end of it into the top positive connector. fits perfectly!! this way i can twist the cap as much as i want without breaking it!
thanks for the idea, asdaq!!! :thumbs:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
hey, sci! that harbor freight pill fob holds 2.5ML and if you grind the inside you can fit the booster in (maybe with the caps).
i doubt that anybody is working on this project but I wanna share my ideas (like i know anything...:lol:) im using a spring i took from an insulin vanishing needle. i stuck it inside the bottom positive and its fixed than i carefully insert the other end of it into the top positive connector. fits perfectly!! this way i can twist the cap as much as i want without breaking it!
thanks for the idea, asdaq!!! :thumbs:

Sounds great that you've got it working, where's the pics?:) What's an insulin vanishing needle? Sounds like it's got a lot of possibilities!

Thanks for the heads up on the HF fobs. I may have a different route on the booster. Found another kind that is a lot cheaper. Just hope it's big enough to see.:ohmy:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Very glad to hear that worked, D and more so that you fixed it. :)

I'm visiting in the states now so I can't mod much but am working on gathering parts. Could anyone point me to a link for getting the ti booster 4 pack? I've gotten some brass tubing but no fobs yet, and this project is a high priority. If not a fob, why not a gutted cartomizer tomizer with a battery connector on the top? Having been using my 1st 510 carto since Saturday, and it seems the whole thing could hold 2+ml. It could be a dual carto in series even :laugh:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
After working through this a second time, I just want to say, mine sucks!

Attachments

• S6304640.jpg
    S6304640.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 207

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Definitely good! I've got a 18G needle section attached to the pos wire, which can be adjusted up and down to help control the flow. It's sort of like having a straw in a cup with a lid and you don't quite close your lips fully to take a drink, a bit of that venturi effect. Air gets back into the tank along the sides of the needle.
There's just a slight gurgle sound to it which helps too. Sucks in a good way.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
nice work guys -- too bad you'all couldn't spend a weekend together, you would have it in production already -- been a long time since I've looked at schematics -- structural engineer, sorry (not as sorry as my bank account lately) -- but the latest prototypes are great and not an unattractive addition like the dripper -- Make this Obama's new tech initiative, get federal funding! Made in America, not China? :laugh:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Ha, the time zone difference is nerve wracking enough! It is rather time consuming to make too. But the difference in materials aids the process. :D I'll do some internal pics when the thing is empty next.

Hey Rip, are you suggesting vapefest should become modfest?

Last edited:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
I know the solder on that needle is awful, but as promised, juicy innards:
buddy! the needle idea is great! do you have connection all times? is it the needle itself or the solder blob that gives it?
yours look much better than mine but i bet mine sucks much more!!!:D
thanks for the pictures! im thinking about making a bigger one that would have a recessed atty connector to fit on my buzz!

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
hey asdaq! i want you to take a look at this thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/109953-when-will-you-have-suckaton.html#post1666479
since you made a SUCKaTON and i think that actually improved it with this needle idea (why didnt i came up with that?) SUCKaTON is now your son too!
p.s.-sorry for the double post :blush:

misterD, asdaq, I'm so freaking sorry, thought it was so cool and just trying to get the peanut gallery to help and you're probably being flooded with pm's, you guys are doing an awesome job but..... can't you two have netmeetings!:)

ty, sorry:oops:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
misterD, asdaq, I'm so freaking sorry, thought it was so cool and just trying to get the peanut gallery to help and you're probably being flooded with pm's, you guys are doing an awesome job but..... can't you two have netmeetings!:)

ty, sorry:oops:
are you crazy, dude? theres no need to be sorry! if anything and Mark ever gets to make SUCKaTONs you should get yours free. im still waiting on him to write me back but i secretly dont want him to cos i dont wanna let go my SUCKaTON...

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The needle winds up being the pos, the solder is too low. With the wire coiled inside it holds the needle in a decent position and provides light tension. Down in the bottom is the other end of the wire to make sure the needle never really gets to be perpendicular so it is always a bit askew when low in the connector.

Leaving a bit of the glue/plastic on the bottom of the needle would take care of the risk of shorting, which that other tube is there for.

The buzz sounds nice, I thought you're making your own? I'm also curious how you would recess the bottom connection. The top cap on mine is a nice press fit, but the bottom, meh. Needs glue, has those side holes, and is just about the middle point of a longer PV, which means it gets stressed structurally. Another advantage of a cone, hmm.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
the reason i want it to be recessed is just for esthetics.
510_top_connecti_4c4740986402b.jpg

i think im gonna try your needle idea and i thought about the cone when i saw scottbee dream PV...
as for my variable i got tired of playing with it for now so i got the buzz to see how it was like and it rocks!!! i destroied 3 boobsters! :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread