Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Trump Administration Weighs Ban on Flavored E-Cigarettes

Sitting in the Oval Office with Alex M. Azar II, the secretary of Health and Human Services, and Dr. Ned Sharpless, the acting Food and Drug Administration commissioner, President Trump acknowledged that there was a vaping problem, and said, “We’re going to have to do something about it.”

Mr. Azar said that the F.D.A. would outline a plan within the coming weeks for removing most flavored e-cigarettes that are not tobacco products from the market.

Pressure also began to mount as Michael R. Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York, decided to step in by announcing a $160 million push to ban flavored e-cigarettes. Long an opponent of traditional smoking, the former mayor said his organization, Bloomberg Philanthropies, would seek prohibitions of flavored e-cigarettes in at least 20 cities and states.

11ECIGARETTES2-articleLarge.jpg

From left, Dr. Norman Sharpless, the acting F.D.A. commissioner, Melania Trump, President Trump and Alex M. Azar II, the health and human services secretary, discussing flavored e-cigarettes in the Oval Office on Wednesday.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Mr. Azar said that the F.D.A. would outline a plan within the coming weeks for removing most flavored e-cigarettes that are not tobacco products from the market.
Read that statement again. I suspect it's somehow an error, either Mr. Azar put goofed or the reporting journalists did. ALL our vapes are considered "tobacco products" by the FDA.

Somehow, I don't think they're just going to go after flavored non-tobacco (cannabis?) vapes?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Read that statement again. I suspect it's somehow an error, either Mr. Azar put goofed or the reporting journalists did. ALL our vapes are considered "tobacco products" by the FDA.

Somehow, I don't think they're just going to go after flavored non-tobacco (cannabis?) vapes?
I caught that too. I think he's trying to make a distinction between flavored cigars and ecigs, not ecigs and cannabis vapes. He's just not familiar with FDA lingo. My guess anyway.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
The product that's making people sick is unflavored, contains T_C, not nicotine, and is sold illegally on the black market. How are people safer by removing flavored nicotine products sold legally?
I don't think it's strictly related to the recent outbreak. If it was, they would seek to ban unflavored as well. The recent illnesses didn't help, though.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
The product that's making people sick is unflavored, contains T_C, not nicotine, and is sold illegally on the black market. How are people safer by removing flavored nicotine products sold legally?
Some of the THC products are flavored.

The flavor ban is just an extension of the flavored cigarette ban. May djarum vanilla cloves RIP.

Also, won't someone please think of the children....

Reactions: Woofer

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY

Hopefully this is the link to Trump's talk about vaping. He says "vaping is not wonderful."

It starts at 12:15

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Secretary Azar is actually blaming the Obama administration for allowing "these products to go on to the market in an unregulated way, by delaying enforcement, in the hopes that people consuming combustible tobacco would transition to a less harmful nicotine delivery vehicle."

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Secretary Azar is actually blaming the Obama administration for allowing "these products to go on to the market in an unregulated way, by delaying enforcement, in the hopes that people consuming combustible tobacco would transition to a less harmful nicotine delivery vehicle."
So Obama was presented with better information about vaping? Or that there was no one dying from it during his terms.. ? I'm so upset right now.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
This just arrived from Vapor Authority.

Trump Administration to BAN ALL Flavored E-Juices!!!
Dear Newsletter Subscriber,

We are extremely saddened to inform you that moments ago the Trump Administration announced their decision to ban all flavored e-juices on a Federal level. This means that flavored e-juices will be illegal throughout the United States!

BUY WHAT YOU CAN NOW!!!

Coupon Code for 35% Off All Flavored E-Juice:

FLAVOR35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread