WELCOME NEWBIES - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzGlow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi. Well after looking for a not so expensive starter kit for a budget like mines and having been given a carton of smokes which I want to quit my bf decided that we should go halfsies with this and of course he payed for the volt pro kit(well the one that comes before the really $$ one) and I got the juice. Bad thing the juice is already en route but the kit is still in process :( he did order it this morning thought but I'm just desperate that way :) hope it gets here soon..

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi. Well after looking for a not so expensive starter kit for a budget like mines and having been given a carton of smokes which I want to quit my bf decided that we should go halfsies with this and of course he payed for the volt pro kit(well the one that comes before the really $$ one) and I got the juice. Bad thing the juice is already en route but the kit is still in process :( he did order it this morning thought but I'm just desperate that way :) hope it gets here soon..

Buenos Dias MzGlow,

Please do not give up, wait for the package that will actually save your life. I smoked for over 50 years and once I found vaping a new day dawned. I quit cigarettes the first day and never looked back. It is not cheap, but it is easy to quit once you discover the joy of vaping. No more burned clothing, no more smell, no more matches or lighters and you can vape almost everywhere. Best of Luck

Last edited:

MzGlow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Puerto Rico
Buenos Dias MzGlow,

Please do not give up, wait for the package that will actually save your life. I smoked for over 50 years and once I found vaping a new day dawned. I quit cigarettes the first day and never looked back. It is not cheap, but it is easy to quit once you discover the joy of vaping. No more burned clothing, no more smell, no more matches or lighters and you can vape almost everywhere. Best of Luck

Hola! Buenos días! Hablas español?? Thanx I think he chose priority shipping I just hope it gets here fast. He doesn't smoke but I do since I was 12. Tried everything under the sun to quit even cold turkey(and that was a disaster btw) I just hope I learn how to do it well without breaking anything since I'm kinda clumsy lol. Btw happy new years!!

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Hola! Buenos días! Hablas español?? Thanx I think he chose priority shipping I just hope it gets here fast. He doesn't smoke but I do since I was 12. Tried everything under the sun to quit even cold turkey(and that was a disaster btw) I just hope I learn how to do it well without breaking anything since I'm kinda clumsy lol. Btw happy new years!!

Everything is pretty easy, hard part is just remapping your brain. Instead of looking for a lighter when I'm getting ready to go somewhere, it's now where's my battery. You'll do fine, we're all here to help.

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
Hola Mz Glow! Welcome to the SI family! I know how I waited for my first kit to arrive! Then immediately ordered more supplies. I started tapering off cigarettes while vaping for about 2 months. I've been completely off cigarettes for a month and don't miss them. I kept telling myself I was just switching brands.

Once you get into the vaping groove, you'll find it's not that hard. Just make sure you have enough supplies on hand and always make sure to keep those batteries charged!

Best of luck in your new adventure!

MzGlow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Puerto Rico
Hi MZ - Hope you got your kit.
Nope and I don't think ill get it for a while. If I read correctly first class parcel takes a while to get anywhere!! The bad thing is that I got the juices I ordered from a vendor but not that. Now a question.. should I get blank cartos? I mean the volt comes with 5 and I know they can be reused but still.. thanx y'all..

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
I always reuse carts with the same juice. I don't think you can reuse them with different juices, but someone here might have more information about it.

I like the XL blank cartridges. I've been using the same two for about two weeks. Just make sure you don't let it get to the burnt tasting stage, and fill them regularly and they last a long time!

Sending warm postal thoughts your way so you can get your package soon!

nightfell

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
Massachusetts
Nope and I don't think ill get it for a while. If I read correctly first class parcel takes a while to get anywhere!! The bad thing is that I got the juices I ordered from a vendor but not that. Now a question.. should I get blank cartos? I mean the volt comes with 5 and I know they can be reused but still.. thanx y'all..

I'd get some blanks too. Sometimes the old juice mixed with the new doesn't give you a great flavor.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I always reuse carts with the same juice. I don't think you can reuse them with different juices, but someone here might have more information about it.

I like the XL blank cartridges. I've been using the same two for about two weeks. Just make sure you don't let it get to the burnt tasting stage, and fill them regularly and they last a long time!

Sending warm postal thoughts your way so you can get your package soon!

Being a, errr, ahhhh, frugal (cheap) person, I cleaned cartos when I was using them. It is a little bit of a pain, boil for ten to fifteen minutes then spin them in a sling of sorts to get the excess water out and then let them dry for a few days. Even after than changing flavors cold get dicey. I used to vape vanilla quite a bit and it came through almost every other flavor no matter how I cleaned them. I never did try soaking them in vodka, but that might work a bit better because it'll dissolve the remnants of liquids better than water.

Last edited:

abracadebra

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Queensland banana bender land of OZ
welcome mz glow....all the best on your new tobacco free journey....so much help here on ecf....It was hard for me at first....cause im hard at learning...but hang in there...cause before you know it....time flys....I just hit my 6mth mark...3rd jan.....and im so glad I found the volt...

MzGlow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
Puerto Rico
Well got it this morning. Been vaping since but on the chocolate I didn't like the vanilla that much. I think I should've ordered a higher nic content cause 1.2% just isn't cutting it. Thought I haven't wanted to have an analog my body's craving it like crazy so I'm going to order some ce3's, some blank cartos and probably a clearomizer if they fit the batt. So I can use the juices I ordered that have higher nic. :)

Last edited:

Duster6524

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
VA, USA 'In A Holler'
Well got it this morning. Been vaping since but on the chocolate I didn't like the vanilla that much. I think I should've ordered a higher nic content cause 1.2% just isn't cutting it. Thought I haven't wanted to have an analog my body's craving it like crazy so I'm going to order some ce3's, some blank cartos and probably a clearomizer if they fit the batt. So I can use the juices I ordered that have higher nic. :)

With the exception of the T3, all the cartos,clearos, nanos and CE3s fit the 65mm/78mm and X2 batteries. The clearos look a little funny on the 65/78 batteries, but they do work on them. The T3s only fit the X2s.
Good luck and continued success! :toast:

Unhooked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2012
Michigan USA
This thread has been dead for a while so I wanted to welcome any new newbies that happen to have come around in the last 10 days or so.

I was wandering the web and ran into a blog type post in squidoo whatever that is where a vaping lady posted her savings thanks to vaping:

draft_lens18839629module154934201photo_1332482113-a-.jpg

Note however that reading through this forum, most people end up spending hundreds of extra dollars on fancy vaping devices called "mods" so the savings are not quite this dramatic. Still, big savings not to mention adding years to your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread