WELCOME NEWBIES - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Im not technically new to vaping, but i figured id post up anyways.

ive been totally free of analogs for 2 years now, and recently with the combined stress of work and full time college classes for a second degree, the cravings are back, worse then ever. so rather then just wait to cave and buy a pack of analogs, i figured id give vaping another try to take the edge off without the tar and other junk.

after a bit of research i ended up ordering a volt starter kit, the $45 one with a manual and an auto 65mm in ice menthol, and a bottle of ice menthol in low (6mg)

now my last venture in the vaping world was a joye 510, that i had nothing but issues with. i had many burnt attys, countless cart mods(lipton tea bag worked well), burning sensations in my throat/dry mouth, no flavor coming through(mostly straight PG juice) etc. needless to say after about $200 of starter kits, cart mods, and countless juices i gave up on it.

is there anything i need to really know about the volt as far as tips and tricks for the best flavor? im new to cartomizers, but they dont look too hard to fill besides knowing when exactly theyre full.

Im really hoping that this will be a much better experience and hopefully will be enough to keep me away from analogs

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The Volt system is designed to produce the best flavor and vapor experience and it does, usually, deliver. Like any cartomizer even Volt cartos will gunk up after a while and will need to be replaced with new ones. You can buy blanks and fill them yourself and save a few bucks since blanks are less expensive than pre-filled cartos. By the way, Volt cartos are considered among the best cartos available.

If you don't mind using a syringe to fill things, I used a syringe to fill cartos when I first started, the CE3 is a good choice. I am a big fan of them and just filled twenty-five of them in about fifteen minutes. Yeah, I've been doing it for a while, but it is easy to do and they last for quite a number of refills.

If you want to "move up", the Volt Spinner is variable voltage so you can "fine tune" it to your own preference. After that, X2 batteries with T3 or clearomizers is another good choice.

If you want to stay with the cig-a-like, the CE3 or the Nano are both good alternates to regular cartomizers. I have a small collection of VV and VV/VW devices, but I use my 78mm autos with CE3s most of the day. They are far too handy and convenient to be replaced by the big stuff when my hands are busy doing things, being productive (or what I like to think is productive LOL).

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
The Volt system is designed to produce the best flavor and vapor experience and it does, usually, deliver. Like any cartomizer even Volt cartos will gunk up after a while and will need to be replaced with new ones. You can buy blanks and fill them yourself and save a few bucks since blanks are less expensive than pre-filled cartos. By the way, Volt cartos are considered among the best cartos available.

If you don't mind using a syringe to fill things, I used a syringe to fill cartos when I first started, the CE3 is a good choice. I am a big fan of them and just filled twenty-five of them in about fifteen minutes. Yeah, I've been doing it for a while, but it is easy to do and they last for quite a number of refills.

If you want to "move up", the Volt Spinner is variable voltage so you can "fine tune" it to your own preference. After that, X2 batteries with T3 or clearomizers is another good choice.

If you want to stay with the cig-a-like, the CE3 or the Nano are both good alternates to regular cartomizers. I have a small collection of VV and VV/VW devices, but I use my 78mm autos with CE3s most of the day. They are far too handy and convenient to be replaced by the big stuff when my hands are busy doing things, being productive (or what I like to think is productive LOL).

thanks for the tips. whats the rule of thumb with filling cartos, how do you know when theyre full? i always had trouble judging that on my 510

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
It's been so long since I filled a carto I forget exactly how many drops it is. The best thing I can say is to stop when the top looks "slushy" and let it sit for a little while, then try a little more. If it doesn't go slushy right away, keep adding and letting it rest until it either leaks from the bottom of looks slushy and stays that way after adding another drop. There is a video on the SI site that demonstrates it pretty well.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just for the hell of it, I bought a blu disposable to judge a sub par product to a superior one, and I was surprised to barely get any flavor out of the menthol in a 2-4 second drag. That makes me wonder if I'm just doing it wrong. Do you guys just take a pull about as hard as a regular smoke and kinda put your tongue in the stream of vapor coming out? That's the only way I get any flavor out of it. The vapor burns a little too and seems to really dry out my throat as well...

Any ideas?

Nukified

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Morrisville, NY, USA
Just for the hell of it, I bought a blu disposable to judge a sub par product to a superior one, and I was surprised to barely get any flavor out of the menthol in a 2-4 second drag. That makes me wonder if I'm just doing it wrong. Do you guys just take a pull about as hard as a regular smoke and kinda put your tongue in the stream of vapor coming out? That's the only way I get any flavor out of it. The vapor burns a little too and seems to really dry out my throat as well...

Any ideas?

Flavor comes from both scent and taste. The way I vape is draw in the vapor into my mouth until it's full, inhale it, then exhale it through my nose.

Also, dry throat is a sign of dehydration because PG and VG will extract moisture from the closest source, you. Drink water when this occurs and it should subside.

Last edited:

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
couldnt be happier with my volt, juice is flavorful and the throat hit is nice and light @6mg.

I want to try a few different flavors, and im debating between using regular cartos and teh nano clearos. any opinions? quite a few of the reviews say the clearos leak, but im not too sure which to go for.

has anyone tried the nicquid flavors? specifically the fruit flavors?
Im eyeballing the apple, strawberry and the cherry on top/marichiano blast

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
The nanos and cartos are both good options, although they are both disposable in nature. You should get good performance with both options using any of those nicquid flavors. Cherry on Top is one of my favorites along with Strawnanna Smoothie as I like the sweet and creamy ones. I haven't tried apple but the strawberry and blueberry are both good too.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
No they should not ;)
well, just ordered some blanks with apple, strawberry fuzz, and cherry on top nicquid. do the blanks have primer or anything in them that i have to blow out or dry burn? or do i just load up juice, let it sit, top off and vape away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread