What Rugged RTAs are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I’m just curious what the most rugged RTAs are out there. I see people with Aegis mods breaking the glass and I was thinking they should have a tank that matches the toughness of the mod. lol I may even get one for my Aegis even though I don’t come close to beating the crap out of it. :p

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You can get stuff like Kayfuns with a SS tube in place of the glass. There are others. The problem is not seeing the liquid level, so if you want to avoid a nasty surprise if you run out of juice without realizing it, you're better off using them in temp control mode.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
You can get stuff like Kayfuns with a SS tube in place of the glass. There are others. The problem is not seeing the liquid level, so if you want to avoid a nasty surprise if you run out of juice without realizing it, you're better off using them in temp control mode.
That’s what I did, I have a Kayfun v5 clone & have used the ss tank. You can tell when it’s running dry before the dreaded dry hit. :D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A pharoah25 will work if you can find one. It has a steel tank. For some reason completely unknown to me mtl tanks like the nautilus 2 have impact cages to protect the glass but it is somethings no vanishingly rare in dL tanks. It’s a big enough problem I’ve considered making my own. Vape bands help, but they are not enough

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I’m just curious what the most rugged RTAs are out there. I see people with Aegis mods breaking the glass and I was thinking they should have a tank that matches the toughness of the mod. lol I may even get one for my Aegis even though I don’t come close to beating the crap out of it. :p

Another tank that comes with a SS tank section is the Rose V3.

That was my favorite tank for work for a while because of its toughness and dependability until I tried the DoggyStyle. The Doggy does not come with a ss tank section, but I found it doesn't leak as easily in my pocket though that may just be because I didn't always close off the juice flow control in the Rose when I was done with my vape session. I've found the Doggy is also more dependable to set up for a good vape, but that may be just me. I've also dropped it a few times and it has held up well so far. I suspect I could break the Doggy easier than the Rose but I don't have any experience to confirm that.

This stuff is ultimately very dependent on your vape preferences and your situation. Hope this helps a bit :cool:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love the IDEA of SS tanks, I've just never been able to bring myself to use one, because even though I intellectually know that well, I will "know" when the liquid runs low and well, I still dread giving myself a dry hit absentmindedly.

You might look for RTAs with a mostly metal tank and a "protected" juice window so to speak. I don't have one coming to mind, but I bet they are out there. I have a totally wicked Oddessy not an RTA unfortunately, but it's got about the smallest still useful juice window and the best protections I've seen yet, there are metal cages you can get (often after market) that will provide protections.

Unless you can't stand the idea of it, (and I do not use tank cracking juices) I've often found some of the non glass plastic and etc. options to be the best (for me). Oh I always start out with the glass tank and the best of intentions but I'm usually RELIEVED by the time I'm replacing it with non glass, frankly, because if there is ONE thing I know, it is that I will eventually break a glass tank. I'm always looking for non glass tanks of whatever sort (or cages and etc.) and sometimes I buy them WHEN I get the atomizer, if one is not included.

Anna

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I use Griffin 22mm glass tank,, I have broken 2 glass in 2 years,, so I bought a men's sz13 ring,, put a few dabs of silicon on the inside,, let that dry,, then 'work ' the ring onto the glass and a razor blade to cut off anything showing/hanging out. rarely do I drop a mod,, but when I have the silicone inside that ring created a micro 'bumper' effect saving my glass. Bought the ring on vacation,, the center where that lizard logo/thing is,,, spins around lol
Pico with ring.jpg

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The Totally Wicked Odyssey CLL tank mentioned above is well built and pretty tough. Not really a RTA, but it can use drop in coils that are designed to be rebuildable (Joyetech CLR coils). Discontinued by Totally Wicked, but can still be found elsewhere. Not cheap, but well worth it if you’re looking for something that will last, IMO. I’ve had one in daily use for about 2 years now - and one still in the box saved in case of vapocalypse.

Odyssey

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Totally-Wicked-Odyssey-CLL-Tank-4ml.html

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread