Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
So Santa came early, And lo and behold he left me a Boxer 250C 2x20700 sqounker, I now have a new Favorite, it does have a few flaws and for over $200, it should not. I can live with them though, It will be my main driver, but I think I will be still taking the good old Pulse to beat around at work, My main gripes on the Boxer are 1, the price, 2 the bottle, 3, the way the door fits, it is not exactly flush, and the Santa went through a bunch of hassle to even get one from Ginger, with shipping and the still charged like another $11 for shipping, you would think if you pay over $200 for a 3D printed box with a nice board in it, at very least do some quality control and toss in some free shipping, or at least a one or two more better quality bottles. I am use to just taking out the bottle and refilling, even though I have some nice flasks to fill, but the way the bottle connects in this I am terribly worried to squeeze it onto the pin, because there seems to be a opening to all the electronics, Making it very easy to get leaks inside the internals, so now I go through the process of take the rda off and fill from the top, I really like the Idea of it with a 250C and 2x 20700, But I feel like I am driving a Bentley with no insurance, with bad brakes and slightly impaired. I will report back if I have any more issues, but it was a welcome surprise and I will use it whenever I am home, for now, until the shiny wears off and I am not afraid to take out more.
Grats on early present. I am not a big fan of that device so I'm not going to trash it,hope you enjoy it and that the few problems work there way out? I do agree though,it should be free shipping at least.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Grats on early present. I am not a big fan of that device so I'm not going to trash it,hope you enjoy it and that the few problems work there way out? I do agree though,it should be free shipping at least.
Yeah, I still want, and am willing to pay for a VA Spade (DNA 75C), but I'm not willing to pay the $50 for shipping. Nice mod, but if I'm willing to pay that much for a mod, they could at least cover shipping cost. I think you have to spend $1000 to get free shipping with them. Something crazy like that....

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
New year, new gear and new faves. I was lucky enough to acquire both an armor and a ddp mech right at the tail end of 2018. Both have been part of my daily rotation since I got them. I've been slowly moving back towards mechs almost exclusively just for their simplicity, durability and my own preference for low power mech builds and for me these are the pinnacle of mech squonking devices. Excellent construction, performance and my fave feature - swappable bottles. I've actually stopped looking at new devices since I got these, which is a first for me.

Favorite attys for squonking are Skyfall, Venna, Wick'd and S Atty. These also seem to have sated my curiosity for trying new rdas so far and cover a good range for what I like. Will see if that changes as 2019 unfolds. Would definitely add another ddp or armor mech to my collection if I get the chance.

4ced1ae5a4ecceb2eb5edf8c1f0cbabb.jpg

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
The Desire Cut with the DropDead on top loaded with a Samsung 40T or Golisi S35 is my new favorite.
It's small, feels good in the hand, puts out more than adequate power for my needs and the internals seem to be quite efficient at that as well for a proprietary chipset.
hahhahah we exactly same setup from mod, rda and battery .... i dont have golisi batt :)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
You sound like a good candidate for this question then: how well do topsides work for long term use?

I'll jump in here: I have a Topside and it's no better or worse than any other regulated squonker. They all sxck long term. I have yet to have one last the test of time. Squonking should be left to mechanical devices cause they can be thoroughly cleaned. The problem is inevitable liquid finds it's way to the electronics. Most will work fine until you find your next killer device and set it aside. More often than not when you come back after a few months to use your regulated squonker your board will start smoking and it's downhill from there. Just IMHO. With the Topside, I find that juice leaks on the the battery from the atty which is next to the board. Also my down button works "sometimes". The top fill is the selling plug and I like it. I also like the board delivers a good vape. I've been using the Topside since Oct 2018.

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I'll jump in here: I have a Topside and it's no better or worse than any other regulated squonker. They all sxck long term. I have yet to have one last the test of time. Squonking should be left to mechanical devices cause they can be thoroughly cleaned. The problem is inevitable liquid finds it's way to the electronics. Most will work fine until you find your next killer device and set it aside. More often than not when you come back after a few months to use your regulated squonker your board will start smoking and it's downhill from there. Just IMHO. With the Topside, I find that juice leaks on the the battery from the atty which is next to the board. Also my down button works "sometimes". The top fill is the selling plug and I like it. I also like the board delivers a good vape. I've been using the Topside since Oct 2018.

get hotcig product, it does come with waterproof board n chips. i always clean my Hotcig regulated mod with water :p

• Winner
Reactions: niczgreat

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... They all sxck long term. I have yet to have one last the test of time. Squonking should be left to mechanical devices cause they can be thoroughly cleaned. ...

I've been using a RSQ 80w daily for just a hair under 1 Year.

The Finish is starting to show its age. But Operationally, it works just like it came Out of the Box.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
The mech box is plastic and was cheap as the proverbial chips but topped with a Little Origen ( which certainly wasn't cheap when I bought it some years ago ) it is still my favourite squonk outfit - hits hard, is simple to use, is easy to re-coil and rewick, has a good size squonk bottle, and comes with a lockable fire button ... if they were still available I'd happily buy more of the Terminator boxes as back ups. squonk.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For well over a year what gets most to all of my vaping attention is squonked mesh RDA's. I have a bunch of squonk mods to run them on... 18650 mech & dual parallel battery mech, and 20X700 regulated. Those RDA's in order of the most attention I have given them has been the DMP's, Profiles, then VVM's. So the mods running the DMP's were the most used. But it has shifted more lately toward's the Profile's because I have brought back out of mothballs five retired Reo P67's to run five of them on. I prefer mech mods, and the Profile/P67 combo is so amazing to me that at the moment they are getting the most attention. Even though all of my many Reos had been retired for a long time, they were my first squonk mods (for about 3.5 years). The P67/Profile combo may well secure the P67's as being my favorite mech squonk mods again.

profileP67ss.jpg

Reactions: jifjifjif

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Lost Vape Therion. I have two, because they are hard to find now.
I have a therion. It’s my least used device that I still keep out. There are two related issues for this I think. The first is that it’s a single battery device, and as such works best for MTL. As I’m not over enamored with the only MTL bf RDA I have I find I don’t vape it much. The berserker MTL rta I’ve got seems to out perform the RDA, at least for me.
The second is that the battery is also difficult to change because it’s behind the squonk bottle. This makes it even more a MTL device because then I don’t have to change the battery nearly as often.

I find I prefer my two dual battery DNA250c squonk mods more even though both are uncomfortably large. I’m beginning to think that the VTX200 squonk is superior to the lostvape drone 250c by a quite small margin, though that mod currently has a broken screen. I’ve gotten the thing apart for the repair (which turned out to be fairly easy) but was stymied by the screen’s massively tiny ZIF cable connector. I should get it back together by Monday or before though. Perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder

Reactions: jim_87

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'll jump in here: I have a Topside and it's no better or worse than any other regulated squonker. They all sxck long term.

I'm beginning to get a bit concerned about my Topside as well. I'm meticulous in trying to keep it clean and dry (from a juice perspective) both inside and out, but there always seems to a few drops of juice on the bottom door and bottle when I come to change the battery. I rarely change the squonk bottle, if I do remove it, I don't invert the mod when I'm replacing it. Most of the time, I fill it from the top, and I very rarely oversqounk, so it is a mystery where the juice is coming from - I do hope it is not getting to the electronics.

All in all, the Topside is probably my favourite from the aesthetic and "hand feel" point of view, although I do appreciate both my Luxotic MF and Arctic Dolphin as they are easier to clean, a bit more stealthy and come with TC out the box. I haven't had any luck upgrading the firmware on the Topside and I'm happy to leave well alone, I don't want to brick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread