• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner S Hyde

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2009
TN
www.youtube.com
Name's Tanner, Hyde is just for the stage;)

That's fruit punch cloud in my avvy, but I like a good "accurate" tobacco juice as well (I.V. ultrapure menth36 is awesome when out drinkin)

I shoot some pool, toss some darts, and spit a lil game on the weekends, though I find myself in more trouble than I ask for most times:)

I'm a 27 yr old house doc. soon to be drug dealer(Nicotine calm down) Smoked from 13 y.o. to Dec 22 2009!

Edit: Vapes... 510, 901, KR, homemade mods. Fav juice my "VIP" line, and ultrapure!

I possess a little time, wish I had ALOT more!

Where's the Killian's and Jagerbombs!

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Hi all!
Thought I would take a chance and join this group!

Some personal details:

I live in Philadelphia. Have so for quite a long time, and I love Philly. Wouldn't want to live in any other city. And ya, I'm a city boy.

Age: 50 years young...and since vaping seem to be getting younger by the day. In a few weeks I'll be in my 20s again.

I'm divorced, with a 15 year old daughter who lives with her mother.

Occupation: chemist, college chemistry instructor, computational chemistry (I solve the Schrodinger equation with computers), graduate student finally finishing my PhD after years of being a prof with masters degrees...life is backwards sometimes. Want to start my own research group.

Hobbies: Where did all this DIY lab stuff come from?!? :rolleyes:
Also very active in martial arts (black belt, sometimes instructor, gung fu, kendo).
I restore vintage stereo equipment, sometimes sell it. Vacuum tubes sound so wonderful!
Avid music fan of all types. Rock, classical, electronic, jazz, new wave, metal, western swing, you name it. Dance to loud electronic techno when I get the chance.
Also cooking, and painting...and I far prefer reading or doing stuff to watching TV. I like cooking for friends, and chilling out with good music, and it would be awesome to actually vape with someone! :)

Religion: Quantum mechanics is God's pallette. Taoism, zen buddhism, trying to be like water, my friends.

Favorite movies: love horror and fantasy/sci-fi. Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, Dark Knight, Paranormal Activity (scariest movie ever!), Forbidden Kingdom, Hero.

Smoked 1+ packs a day for 12 years or so. Now vaping with a 510 Bartleby, and various 510 gear. VG only for me, and all juices are DIY. Current faves are pralines and cream, vanilla custard, caramel, licorice. Mostly around 12 mg. Still have a real one every once in a while.

I tend to be a night owl.

So that's me. Chemistry, math and computer geek, peaceful warrior, quantum vapyre.

Maureengill, if you live in Trainer, you are quite close by! Nice to see another philly-area vaper! I thought I was the only one!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I'm Adam. I live in Houston, Tx. I'm 26 years old and divorced. I'm a recovering opiate and methamphetamine addict.:oops: I've been off the .... for 6 years and off the oxys for ~1 year. I'm on Suboxone to help and currently tapering.

Now the good stuff:

I quit smoking cold turkey on 1/1/09 for around 10 months. They were the most miserably 10 months of my life. Then I found a Smoke Stik at a local store.

I now vape on a tornado with lr attys or a Puresmoker 5V pt. My go to juice is Halo Freedom or Smooth 8, 12 or 18mg.

I'm a flameworker by trade. Flameworking is using an oxygen/propane torch to heat, melt, shape and blow glass tubes and rods in the flame. I make pipes, goblets, jewelry and pretty much anything that comes to mind. I love color. Anything from muddy earthy tones to neon greens and bright blues.

80-95% of my day revolves around glass. Whether I'm blowing (haha), looking at other pieces on the net for some inspiration, sketching, selling, or just thinking about it. It's addictive!

My hobbies are nitro R/C cars and.... glassblowing. :lol:

That's me in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Lioness

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Hullo. :)

I'm Fritz (yes, I'm female and, yes, that's my real name), I'm 44, divorced, 2 kids (17 and 14), 2 dogs (Irish Terrier and Scottish Terrier) and 3 birds (Orange-cheek waxbills). Self-employed.

A friend on another forum told me about e-cigs and suggested this forum. Got my equipment on 4/5 and this is my 6th analog-free day. I'm basically having a blast and ordering more juice than I can vape.:D

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Hullo. :)

I'm Fritz (yes, I'm female and, yes, that's my real name), I'm 44, divorced, 2 kids (17 and 14), 2 dogs (Irish Terrier and Scottish Terrier) and 3 birds (Orange-cheek waxbills). Self-employed.

A friend on another forum told me about e-cigs and suggested this forum. Got my equipment on 4/5 and this is my 6th analog-free day. I'm basically having a blast and ordering more juice than I can vape.:D
Welcome Lioness or Fritz :D

Devilooman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Indian Trail, NC
Wow there's a singles group! Did not know that, lol.

I'm Kathy... nice to meet you all :)

I'm going on 48 in June, live close to Charlotte NC, have 4 kids (2 are stepkids that I raised for most of their lives) that are ... hmmm... thinking... 23,24,25 and 26.

I'm currently getting my PhD in mathematics cause I wanted to teach and like an idiot I picked math. I have a BS in computer science and a BA in math but NOOOOOO I had to pick math! However, my research is in molecular dynamics so mostly what I do is write computer code.

When I'm avoiding that I play computer games... Wow and Aion currently.

I swear ... I really am a woman!

I have a VK from V4L and live with a PT stuck in my face most of the time. Favorite flavors are AC and menthol from TV.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I didn't know about this group either, until I saw the sex robot post in the active threads.

I haven't read every one of the 107 previous posts, but I scanned a fair number of them and it looks like I might be the senior member here. Hey, getting old beats the alternative, IMO. Anyway, I don't feel as old as my driver's license says I am.

Single. Well, in my book I am. Although to some people you aren't single if you've EVER been married (divorced, widowed ... whatever), I feel there must be a statute of limitations and I am OFFICIALLY single after decades of not being married.

I'm 56, male, live in Panama City, Florida and hate it. I despirately wish to relocate to the Pacific Northwest coastal area. I'm a couple decades into my second career as a machine operator in the printing industry. My first career (17 years) was in radio.

As a pre-adult, I lived in Pemberton, NJ ... Amarillo, TX ... and Panama City, Florida.
As an adult, I've lived in Panama City, FL ... Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek, CO ... Las Vegas, NV.

I hate hot weather. Am interested in science, severe weather (chased a few hurricanes), politics, gadgets, coins, science fiction.

I guess I've said MORE than enough for an introduction. Oh yeah, I do tend to be too verbose sometimes.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Nope, I have you beat by a couple of years and I live in the Pacific Northwet (rains a lot in western WA) I quit smoking in January, vaping is the best thing I ever tried. I smoked for 40 years on/off but for the past 30 years straight. I have 3 children and 5 grandchildren. Where did the years go?

Nice to meet everyone.

I didn't know about this group either, until I saw the sex robot post in the active threads.

I haven't read every one of the 107 previous posts, but I scanned a fair number of them and it looks like I might be the senior member here. Hey, getting old beats the alternative, IMO. Anyway, I don't feel as old as my driver's license says I am.

Single. Well, in my book I am. Although to some people you aren't single if you've EVER been married (divorced, widowed ... whatever), I feel there must be a statute of limitations and I am OFFICIALLY single after decades of not being married.

I'm 56, male, live in Panama City, Florida and hate it. I despirately wish to relocate to the Pacific Northwest coastal area. I'm a couple decades into my second career as a machine operator in the printing industry. My first career (17 years) was in radio.

As a pre-adult, I lived in Pemberton, NJ ... Amarillo, TX ... and Panama City, Florida.
    As an adult, I've lived in Panama City, FL ... Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek, CO ... Las Vegas, NV.

I hate hot weather. Am interested in science, severe weather (chased a few hurricanes), politics, gadgets, coins, science fiction.

I guess I've said MORE than enough for an introduction. Oh yeah, I do tend to be too verbose sometimes.

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Florida, US
    i wasn't sure this group was active at all anymore until i saw a post from here in new posts today

name's Tim

currently live in FL

technically separated, but it's been over since before I got back to the states at the end of February, there's been no contact since march. and it's just a matter of the dreaded paperwork and red tape, etc.

just posting now for when i get to figuring i'll b worth being on the market...lol in the sense that coming back to the states and starting over with only the 2 bags that came w/ me in the state that things are in upon my arrival...

wish i wasn't in FL as i never liked this state, but i half grew up here and needed somewhere to fall back to. while i get things re-figured out and get myself sorted again.

generally friendly (if sometimes opinionated) and will talk to most ppl.
    intelligent but can b lazy
    and not sure what ne1 else wants to know..

Redd

ECF Veteran
    Dec 1, 2009
    Central WI
    no, i wasn't military - i met her there. and made what i guess was obviously a big mistake and gave up everything i previously had here for her...

..yeah feel free to tell me i'm an idiot..i know this now...lol

Nahhhh we have all done some crazy things for love. At least you CAN say that you truly gave it everything you had. LITERALLY.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 11, 2010
    Littleton, CO, U.S.
    Hi Folks. Introduce myself, eh? Well, I tend to not reveal too much on public forums.

Aged: Yes
    Armed: Yes
    Degrees: 96 in the shade
    Favorite beer: The one in front of me
    Favorite composer: Bach, or maybe Camille Saint-Saens, or Handel
    Sign: Waukesha 15 mi.
    Politics: part Anarchist, part libertarian
    Vape: eGoXL, various tobacco juices, 18mg

For you Wisconsonites and Pennsylvanians yacking about the winter weather, I'll attach a genuine, unmodified screen capture from one of the news stations in Denver.

So, hi y'all. :D

Attachments

• denver_cold_623.jpg
      denver_cold_623.jpg
      15.9 KB · Views: 27

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Florida, US
    There aren't too many places in Europe that are much better besides the job markets.

Still think USA will be lagging in job creation for some time to come. What will open up will be jobs in the "green" sector or medical due to the baby boomers aging into retirement.

i concur, hence trying to find my own avenues to create income as i can.

Hi Folks. Introduce myself, eh? Well, I tend to not reveal too much on public forums.

Aged: Yes
    Armed: Yes
    Degrees: 96 in the shade
    Favorite beer: The one in front of me
    Favorite composer: Bach, or maybe Camille Saint-Saens, or Handel
    Sign: Waukesha 15 mi.
    Politics: part Anarchist, part libertarian
    Vape: eGoXL, various tobacco juices, 18mg

For you Wisconsonites and Pennsylvanians yacking about the winter weather, I'll attach a genuine, unmodified screen capture from one of the news stations in Denver.

So, hi y'all. :D
    ok that's nice, but who r u?

y did u join a social group if u don't want to open u'rself up to truly being social? i'm just curious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread