Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I've seen a lot of threads here about people converting smokers into vapers, but

so who converted you? what's your story?

for me I saw two friends of mine at a wedding, one using an ego style with a cartomizer and didn't like the flavor but did the throat hit and the other one a cigalike from "greensmoke" and began looking it up, found ECF and bought my first ego/ce4 kit.

just saw my friends 2 days ago and found one of them with a pack of analogs and told me that he can't kick the habit that well, se seems to start great on vaping then his sense starts to fail and gets back to analoges.. I had to educate him on vapers tonge and a lot on different kinds of delivery devices etc etc.
the other one is still going strong but he was impressed on my setup and flavors (ego twist, evod and halo tribeca and HHV legend in another) he has been vaping on this geensmoke for 1.5 years so I think I'm going to recomend the eroll and some good juice.

I guess I'm educating my teachers now...

what's your story?

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I met a guy at a poetry reading who was vaping during the intermission. He had an eGo with a clearomizer filled with Mt. Baker Vapor's Thug Juice. I was enamored by his set up and asked him where to go to get what he had. He told me the websites (Mt. Baker and MyVaporStore), and a few days later, I had my first kit.

Last edited:

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I have a youtube channel (not the vaping one, JC Paint Workz) & a subscriber of mine posted a video of Blu disposables. I was curious so I went and bought one. I ended up telling the wife I think this might work for me (vaping in general) so I ordered the Premium 100 kit from Blu, 2 weeks later I was convinced I was done with cigs so I ordered up a Provari Mini & its vaping from there on!

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
My sons bought me a kit for Father's Day in 2011. I quit smoking and sold my kids to the circus.

Oooo! Monkeys in the circus! Do they work with the clowns? I like monkeys and clowns...

<smack!> focus Bost, focus!

The person that got me interested in trying e-cigs has slipped back into cigarettes. I think she was having trouble with her delivery system and just got frustrated and didn't want to try anything else out. I don't see her very often or I would try to assist her. Tinkering with stuff is what I do. :)

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I have a youtube channel (not the vaping one, JC Paint Workz) & a subscriber of mine posted a video of Blu disposables. I was curious so I went and bought one. I ended up telling the wife I think this might work for me (vaping in general) so I ordered the Premium 100 kit from Blu, 2 weeks later I was convinced I was done with cigs so I ordered up a Provari Mini & its vaping from there on!

LOL we did the same thing. I bought a Blu starter pack (....in ripoff for $80) to get me thru until my kGo 1100 mah kit and a kGo VV showed up in the mail. Then, 3 days later, I could tell this (vaping) was actually gonna work for me so I ordered a Satin Black Provari w/18650 extension, which I have since lost :(

No one got me started.. My boss said if I EVER take another smoke break he will fire me so I went to walgreens down the street and bought a Blu ecig to use until my kGo kit showed up and I vaped for a good 4-5 months then went back to analogs and now I'm vaping again for the past 2 weeks.

Just ordered a Zenesis 2 Carto Tank hybrid for a new All-Day and "Take to Work" PV and a DX-650 to use at home with my Genesis Attys :) I can't wait for the mailman to get here!!!!!

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
cousin bought one to quit smoking, let me try it and I liked it. I was only a party smoker though and never got addicted so I just bought it so I dont have to smoke real cigs at parties anymore and smell like them. Anyways, just hung out with the family for the last two days and he didnt smoke anything the whole time, not even the e cig. Im proud of him, he was a huge smoker for years

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
The cardiologist who had just put three stents in my heart got me started. Now, he didn't tell me to start using e-cigs, he just leaned over, put his finger in my face and said, "you have got to quit smoking."

Having tried numerous times to quit smoking, I knew I needed help, as much with the psychological side of the addiction, as with the nic addiction. So I ordered a beginners 808 kit online, and while I waited on that to arrive, I went to the mall to buy what I knew would be a massively overpriced e-cig and started using it.

There have been ups and downs, and a lot of doubt in the beginning, but it gets better and easier with time, the right equipment, and most importantly - the right juice. I still sneak a cig from time-to-time, but not too often. I really don't think I could have gotten to this point just using the other nic delivery options that are available, I know me very well. The time is coming when I won't be sneaking cigs anymore, I can see it, just haven't got there yet, but it's coming soon; psychological habits are hard for me to break.

sqshydog

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
United States
About a year and a half ago, I was smoking half the time and vaping the rest of the time (on a Safe Cig or Blu). My best friend's husband let me vape on his Ego/CE4 clearo when they were over for dinner one night. It was awesome but I kinda forgot about his cool set up by the next morning. I stuck with the cig-a-likes for probably 3-4 more months, convinced that those were all that I "needed". Well...I was wrong because I started smoking more than I ever had. Add the price of cigs on top of cartos for the Safe Cig, etc. and it really starts to add up! I just had enough one day, broke down and ordered my own Ego batts and clearos. I was still hittin' the stinkies on and off through the week but finally ditched them totally on 11/1/12. I've only traded on addiction for another, though. Now I'm a gear and juice junkie. Ugh. I'm still spending less than what I would have been spending on cigs, though! It's not all bad. Right? LOL.
My friend's husband...well...he didn't fare so well. He's back on the stinkies and not vaping all that much any more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread