WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
@madstabber I think the problems I'm having is that the mesh is too fine. TC seems to be working fine now with some adjustments in TCR mode. I notice that the juice doesn't flow out of the mesh like the larger mesh from wotofo when squonking. I will pick up some SS 150 mesh and try that out. For now I am back to using the wotofo mesh.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
@madstabber I think the problems I'm having is that the mesh is too fine. TC seems to be working fine now with some adjustments in TCR mode. I notice that the juice doesn't flow out of the mesh like the larger mesh from wotofo when squonking. I will pick up some SS 150 mesh and try that out. For now I am back to using the wotofo mesh.
That’s a good point, I noticed the same thing now that you mention it. The mesh was clogged up, for lack of a better term, and was almost acting like a solid piece. You may be right, if the mesh has bigger gaps it may perform better. Please share your results when you try the 150 mesh, it will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

• Agree
Reactions: tdman77

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
Got the SS 316L 150 mesh in. Cut to size and wicked the atty, getting a good vape with the SS mesh in TC. Still not seeing the juice flow through the mesh like the larger 80 mesh. When I squonk I can see the mesh get a wet sheen but no juice flowing out of it. I think it is a better vape than the 200 mesh I tried before. Only running it at 52 watts, any higher and I am getting a borderline dry vape but the TC is kicking in and preventing it from burning. Overall I am happy with the 150 mesh over the 200 mesh. This is the mesh I will be using in the Profile.

HaHaVape

Jan 24, 2019
Hello guys, anyone knows why right half of my cotton has a burnt look? The rda vapes good.

Attachments

• 20190320_183843.jpg
    20190320_183843.jpg
    876.2 KB · Views: 55

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hello guys, anyone knows why right half of my cotton has a burnt look? The rda vapes good.

That is not burnt, at least from the perspective of your picture. The colour of the cotton with any atomizer does not change in a uniform fashion. Many things can contribute to this such as one side is pressing harder against the inner wall of the top cap vs the other. Slight colour difference such as your post is not a concern. Black, burnt cotton should be a concern and replaced.

Enjoy the Profile! :thumb:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’ve had one side get darker then the other, whilst still getting a good vape, often. I believe this was caused by one side wicking better then the other. I’m not positive but that’s the impression I got although I wasn’t too concerned because, like you, mine was vaping fine. Another possibility is that’s the way I tilted the mod when hitting it thus causing the dirtier juice to build up there. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s causing the darker color, used juice. Just not positive why it’s darkening just one side. I’ll have to see if it’s on the side I tilt my mod to hit it. If not then option 1 may be the reason. Nevertheless the quality of the vapor doesn’t suffer from this so it’s purely academic.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Interesting. None of my Profile wicks have discolored uneven side to side. And I have 9 Profiles that have been in use for as long as six or seven months, including some of them without a rebuild for months.

Just some wild guesses...

Cotton wick material quality/consistency varies and that might have some to do with it. I consider the cotton I use in mine a higher grade than what Wofofo sells for them, and since I pull and roll them their consistency might be better.

By chance is this the first build on the Profile? I ask because in your great picture it looks like both the mesh and cotton are a new build. If so did you thoroughly clean it before putting a build in it? It might be possible some MFG oils were not thoroughly cleaned out of the atty, or some other contaminate was still in it.

But as others have said, if it vapes clean and true it is most likely a non issue. Just enjoy it and do a wait-see.

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I just finished a Profile build using VV200 mesh on a VV Pulse Dual. I cut to match the Wofoto mesh size (a fraction wide) and it ohm at 0.24 using Wofoto cotton with V cut and a bit of thinning and trimmed to edge of atty. Same as tdman77 said, juice did not flood the mesh..just a sheen. Vaping now with TC at 435/50watts and the VV chip seems to work just fine. I am thinking that maybe 100 or even 60 mesh could be the sweet spot if only I could fine some.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
For over 19 months now my main interest in the "latest/greatest" new flavor RDA's has been three specific squonk ready mesh RDA's. Squonk ready simply because squonking very rapidly became my preferred gear over all other gear in August 2014. In turn these mesh atomizers also rapidly became preferred gear starting in August 2017. The Mesh RDA's had that something extra that I guess I had been looking for since I first started vaping. Enter 3 Vandy Vape Mesh, 6 Digiflavor Mesh Pro's plus 3 'Styled' (IOW clones), and 9 Wotofo Profile Mesh.

The DMP's had ruled the roost around here for well over a year, mostly on 21700 regulated squonk gear. But the nine Wotofo Profiles have moved into the number one spot, especially those on 5 mech Reo P67's and one on a mech DripTech-DS. With the Wotofo KA1 Mesh strips they are hitting at 98W on these mech's with fully charged batteries (76W at 3.7VDC). With some recipe tweaking to match my DIY's specifically to them they have became my first choice as flavor atty's. The other 3 Profiles get it done on 21700 regulated squonk mods as well, but since I started vaping six years ago with mechs I still prefer them over the regulated squonk/TC gear.

I probably ought to make a new picture of all of the Profiles together (and all of the Mesh RDA's together as well), but these old ones will have to do for now.

profileP67ss.jpg DS-ProfileS.jpg

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
For over 19 months now my main interest in the "latest/greatest" new flavor RDA's has been three specific squonk ready mesh RDA's. Squonk ready simply because squonking very rapidly became my preferred gear over all other gear in August 2014. In turn these mesh atomizers also rapidly became preferred gear starting in August 2017. The Mesh RDA's had that something extra that I guess I had been looking for since I first started vaping. Enter 3 Vandy Vape Mesh, 6 Digiflavor Mesh Pro's plus 3 'Styled' (IOW clones), and 9 Wotofo Profile Mesh.

The DMP's had ruled the roost around here for well over a year, mostly on 21700 regulated squonk gear. But the nine Wotofo Profiles have moved into the number one spot, especially those on 5 mech Reo P67's and one on a mech DripTech-DS. With the Wotofo KA1 Mesh strips they are hitting at 98W on these mech's with fully charged batteries (76W at 3.7VDC). With some recipe tweaking to match my DIY's specifically to them they have became my first choice as flavor atty's. The other 3 Profiles get it done on 21700 regulated squonk mods as well, but since I started vaping six years ago with mechs I still prefer them over the regulated squonk/TC gear.

I probably ought to make a new picture of all of the Profiles together (and all of the Mesh RDA's together as well), but these old ones will have to do for now.

View attachment 807015 View attachment 807017

Only 9 Profile’s? Joking!!

Nice post :thumb:

I’m up to 7 Profile’s with a Profile Unity RTA about to land on my door step any minute now.

Don’t mind squonking – actually prefer it over dripping and a tank. But I’ve grown frustrated with poor quality proprietary squonk bottles with regulated devices. So hoping the Unity RTA can ease a bit of that frustration. Will post my thoughts on the RTA later this week.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

View attachment 807015 View attachment 807017
I came to the Squonk/mesh game a little later then you did but I too love everything about this combo. My first rda was a revelation, I was like wow, no adjustments because of leaking or packing too much wick causing dry hits. Why did I wait so long?!? Not that rta’s are all that hard, I’m just lazy and hate having to open the rta back up to fix a problem. Then I found the Profile rda and it was game over for rta’s and wire coils. Mesh tastes better, is easier to wick, tastes better then standard coils, wicking and building is sooo much easier, and have I mentioned the flavor? Or that I’m lazy an love closing my rda up with the knowledge that it’s gonna wick like a champ and not leak. The Squonk mod was bought with the first rda because I was never gonna drip. It just seems like a pain in the ... and as I’ve stated in the past I’m lazy. I just want it to work with minimal effort and provide me with the best tasting vapor possible. Squonk mod with the Profile on top, bingo. Or Squonk mod with the Digiflavor mesh pro on top, bingo. I like the Profile a bit better because I prefer a restrictive hit and the mesh pro is more open. Anyway I don’t think there’s anything that can beat this setup but I’m sure it will happen someday. I’m in no hurry to get there though because things are pretty great right now. Squonking the Profile til the day I die.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Only 9 Profile’s? Joking!!

Nice post :thumb:

I’m up to 7 Profile’s with a Profile Unity RTA about to land on my door step any minute now.

Don’t mind squonking – actually prefer it over dripping and a tank. But I’ve grown frustrated with poor quality proprietary squonk bottles with regulated devices. So hoping the Unity RTA can ease a bit of that frustration. Will post my thoughts on the RTA later this week.

Only 9... so far. ;) I have been thinking of getting 4 more of them and bringing back into service my 4 2015 mech Reo Woodvil's for them (that I'll also add larger silicon bottles to). They would be in daily use as well. It took the Profiles to get any of my 35 Reos back out of mothballs... but I really like the combination of them together.

woodx44s.jpg

I considered the Profile Unity RTA when they first became a twinkle in someones eye, and even tried to contact Wotofo direct a couple of times to get in on the pre order for a couple them. They never bothered to get back to me either time, so I dropped the idea. I'm not much of a fan of RTA tanks, preferred the RDTA's back when I ran TC mods (especially the Geek Vape Avocado Genesis 22mm and their 24mm versions that I have 3 each of). RDA's have typically been far easier than RTA tanks, the squonk bottles I use hold more joose than tanks, so the allure I had for a mesh tank faded away.

I love the 10ml capacity of the top fill proprietary squonk bottles on my 3 Topsides, have no issues with those on my 3 Pico Squeeze 2's or those on the 2 Fuchai's as well. And I have enough spares for all of them that they will see me to the end of my days. I like the larger mesh RDA's on regulated squonk mods, so run DMP's on the 3 Topsides, and a couple of the Squeeze 2's. A Profile is hanging out on one of the Squeeze 2's at the moment, with two more of them on the Fuchai's. The other DMP's, the VVM's and other 21700 reg squonk mods are currently all on vacation. So at the moment only 14 of my 21 mesh RDA's are in service. Each has it's own dedicated DIY... more than enough flavors in rotation at a time even for this flavor junkie.

dmp6mods.jpg

Reactions: TraderX

Ygor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Browsing around on Trinity Glass's website and seen they had glass caps for the Profile, so I got a couple to try out :)

ldwgkbx4y4y910q6g.jpg

Not exactly 1 to 1 but the air slot hits the mesh in the right spot :D

This is really cool! How are you liking it after spending more time with the cap? Does it lock into place? What is that horizontal white bit you have sitting across the post?

Reactions: The.Drifter

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
This is really cool! How are you liking it after spending more time with the cap? Does it lock into place? What is that horizontal white bit you have sitting across the post?
I think that’s a reflection?? Maybe?? Yea what the what is that? Reflection is my guess

• Agree
Reactions: The.Drifter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread