Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Seems i have to answer myself :blush:
Thru trail and error found the answer, about half a strip in thickness of one strip of cotton bacon prime thru a ofrf nexMesh.

With this wick i can do about 5 drags on 50w about 3.5-4.5 sec.
Or about 2 drags on 70w about 2 sec before i have to squonk. Must say the last 2 days i experienced what everyone said about mesh dry hits is the worst :(
WOFOTO Profile RDA
View attachment 821361

How to wick the Profiles has been posted many times, and on several threads. I can get 12-15 DLH's between squonking, have never had a dry hit on these. I started with CBV2 pulled and rolled in the Profiles. Then used p&r KDG as well. But I use Vapefly Firebolts in both my Profile rda's and Profile Unity RTA's now days. Follow this link for how I use them if interested.

Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

Last edited:

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
How to wick the Profiles has been posted many times, and on several threads. I can get 12-15 DLH's between squonking, have never had a dry hit on these. I started with CBV2 pulled and rolled in the Profiles. Then used p&r KDG as well. But I use Vapefly Firebolts in both my Profile RDA's and Profile Unity RTA's now days. Follow this link for how I use them if interested.

Wotofo Profile Unity RTA
12-15 drags before squonk that is heavy i cant come anywhere close to that ..
Did read thru a couple of post's on the thread but 15 pages was heavy reading when you eager to try something new .. but i did see a post or 2 that said how much they used and read a couple of reviews and some you tube vids, just wanted to make sure :)
Also ordered the mesh rta today think i love the mesh vaping, but some flavor profiles just taste better for me on the zeus x with a nice pair of 6 core clapton's :).
Will have a read at your link thanks

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Seems i have to answer myself :blush:
Thru trail and error found the answer, about half a strip in thickness of one strip of cotton bacon prime thru a ofrf nexMesh.

With this wick i can do about 5 drags on 50w about 3.5-4.5 sec.
Or about 2 drags on 70w about 2 sec before i have to squonk, just tried 70w to see what it can do, i only smoke on 50w like it there.

I prefer fruit flavors on my zeus x taste better than on the mesh, but very sweet flavors like smores or cotton candy the profile rules over the zeus x !

Must say the last 2 days i experienced what everyone said about mesh dry hits is the worst :(

View attachment 821361

Must have missed your earlier post. I have Cotton Bacon (somewhere) but don’t use it. Can’t recall if I ever did try it with the Profile.

What is critical is using enough wick so that there are no voids between the mesh and your wick. Voids will lead to hot spots which will lead to dry burns.

I wouldn’t say the Profile gives more flavour over a proper built and compatible coil system. Just a different flavour profile (see how I played the name!!). That difference must have value to a user.

As for your amount of draws, I get around 20 to 30 draws at roughly 3 seconds per, using the OFRF at 55 to 65 watts. I know @Spydro uses his on a mech which will have a higher output. 5 draws is pretty low, you’re not saturating it enough. Keep in mind there is a boat load of cotton under that mesh – it will take a significant amount of squonking to fully saturate it. Slight learning curve over usual coil systems but manageable.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Must have missed your earlier post. I have Cotton Bacon (somewhere) but don’t use it. Can’t recall if I ever did try it with the Profile.

What is critical is using enough wick so that there are no voids between the mesh and your wick. Voids will lead to hot spots which will lead to dry burns.

I wouldn’t say the Profile gives more flavour over a proper built and compatible coil system. Just a different flavour profile (see how I played the name!!). That difference must have value to a user.

As for your amount of draws, I get around 20 to 30 draws at roughly 3 seconds per, using the OFRF at 55 to 65 watts. I know @Spydro uses his on a mech which will have a higher output. 5 draws is pretty low, you’re not saturating it enough. Keep in mind there is a boat load of cotton under that mesh – it will take a significant amount of squonking to fully saturate it. Slight learning curve over usual coil systems but manageable.
Yea will most prob get more hits out it with time, its just the first and second time i wicked was using way less cotton than what i should have used, with those i got dry hits and it was awful, thats why now with 4 or 5 drags i squonk it cause never want a dry hit out if it again.
But seems from what i am reading from you and Spydro i still have a long way to go but so far i am happy how i am progressing, will maybe try a little bit more cotton and give it a couple more squonks :thumbs:.

The only very very small con for me is the plumes, this rda produces a hell of a lot more vaper than my zeus on 50w :shock:. I am not really a clouds person.

This is my first squonk and rda.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Yea will most prob get more hits out it with time, its just the first and second time i wicked was using way less cotton than what i should have used, with those i got dry hits and it was awful, thats why now with 4 or 5 drags i squonk it cause never want a dry hit out if it again.
But seems from what i am reading from you and Spydro i still have a long way to go but so far i am happy how i am progressing, will maybe try a little bit more cotton and give it a couple more squonks :thumbs:.
This is my first squonk and rda.

With the Profile, the included shoelace cotton is a good size that you can use to reference. For the Unity, I feel it is too much cotton – but we’ll save that for another conversations.

The rule of thumb that I follow for the Profile RDA is to use 3 to 4x the amount of cotton I would normally use in a typical 3mm coil. It may sound like a lot, but it does last longer….much longer (sans any dry burns of course!), so it works out in the end.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hmmm just tried it now, usually i press the bottle once or twice and smoke, pressed the bottle about 5 times now and i am up to 10 drags before a re squonk is needed :)
Thanks @Punk In Drublic for saying i need to saturate it more.

NP :thumb:

It’s different than a typical bottom feed coil RDA. The cotton is directly over the squonk feed which adds resistance to the flow of juice. Plus as mentioned you have a ton of cotton to juice up! Slight learning curve, but it will come to you in no time.

The problem I have is being so use to squonking with the profile, I now tend to accidentally over squonk my coil RDA’s. Real life problems!! :facepalm:

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I have been playing with rayon wicking and my Profile mesh attys seem to behave very well compared to coil's. I feel like I am on a merry-go-round..MTL vs DL, wire vs mesh, rayon vs cotton, RTA vs RDA.....getting dizzy. Thinking now that a mesh MTL would be cool...have a VV Kylin RTA mesh coming in a few days, Rayon with mesh in a RTA is my current choice. I guess all those vaping veterans out there are saying been there done that.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have been playing with rayon wicking and my Profile mesh attys seem to behave very well compared to coil's. I feel like I am on a merry-go-round..MTL vs DL, wire vs mesh, rayon vs cotton, RTA vs RDA.....getting dizzy. Thinking now that a mesh MTL would be cool...have a VV Kylin RTA mesh coming in a few days, Rayon with mesh in a RTA is my current choice. I guess all those vaping veterans out there are saying been there done that.

Been there, done that many times. ;) As a DLH vaper my vaping path has always been a progressive one from the very start. But half the fun of it (albeit expensive) has been finding out what worked the best for my personal style in turn over the years. The biggest wins out of all of it... trying DIY from the start and soon enough making all my own liquids since (including DIY extracting some flavors), the squonk gear (since 8/2014) and mesh RDA's/RTA's (since 8/2017) have been THE game changers. More so than at any other time since I started vaping 6+ years ago I feel I am exactly were I was destined to be.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Now that Vandy Vape has released their Unity, sorry, Kylin Mesh RTA, they have also released a range of mesh strips that are compatible with the Profile and Profile Unity. One being Stainless Steel. Thought this might be of interest to some.

Vape Wires | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Now that Vandy Vape has released their Unity, sorry, Kylin Mesh RTA, they have also released a range of mesh strips that are compatible with the Profile and Profile Unity. One being Stainless Steel. Thought this might be of interest to some.

Vape Wires | VANDY VAPE® Full Steam Ahead
Good to see some other options now,especially in SS.I think the one at the bottom seems interesting,with that slit in the middle.I may have to try those out,and definitely going to get some of the SS,as that has been my preferred wire for several years.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Added another Matte Steel Profile RDA yesterday... put it on a purple Squeeze 2.
Have 10 WPM's now.

wpms2.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Ok,need help deciding haha.All 10 of my profiles i have now are black,and i'm looking to change it up a bit with #11.It will be going on a Coppervape aluminum mod,i can't decide whether the SS or the matte steel would look better on it.

Within my 10 of them I have 2 Matt Steel Profile Mesh RDA's. I run one of the MS's on a TRA Reo P67 (tumbled raw aluminum), the other on a purple Pico Squeeze 2 that has SS accents. Within my 6 of them I have a SS Profile Unity RTA on an Athena Pride that has a massive amount of SS. Gives an idea of a SS Profile on SS. Personally I like the look of the Matt Steel better. That would be my choice for your Coppervape aluminum mod.

Not the best pics, but best I can offer without taking new ones.

67profilemesh.jpg

wpms2.jpg

WPU-3.jpg

Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Within my 10 of them I have 2 Matt Steel Profile Mesh RDA's. I run one of the MS's on a TRA Reo P67 (tumbled raw aluminum), the other on a purple Pico Squeeze 2 that has SS accents. Within my 6 of them I have a SS Profile Unity RTA on an Athena Pride that has a massive amount of SS. Gives an idea of a SS Profile on SS. Personally I like the look of the Matt Steel better. That would be my choice for your Coppervape aluminum mod.
Thanks.Yeah,i was kinda leaning more towards the matte,but since i haven't seen either of those colors in person,it was hard to visualize them on a mod.I have a SS recurve that didn't look good at all on the Coppervape,because that recurve is polished,and i assume the SS profile is too,or at least it looks like it in pictures,so the matte version it is then.

• Winner
Reactions: Spydro

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My matte profile showed up yesterday,looks great on the coppervape.I think the SS would of definitely been a bit too shiny on it haha.
Now,i need another recommendation.I like the Coppervape/Profile combo enough that i'm putting my 2 other Coppervape mods back in use.1 is black,so a black Profile is the obvious choice.The other is brass,and since they don't make a brass Profile,i'm stuck again.I put a black one on it and it looks ok,but i'm thinking maybe the gold or ultem Profile.Problem there is,i have had several brass mods and tried several gold rda's on them,and never really got a good color match,so i'm kinda torn here.Anybody have the gold Profile?If so how close is it to a brass color.

• Winner
Reactions: Spydro

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
My matte profile showed up yesterday,looks great on the coppervape.I think the SS would of definitely been a bit too shiny on it haha.
Now,i need another recommendation.I like the Coppervape/Profile combo enough that i'm putting my 2 other Coppervape mods back in use.1 is black,so a black Profile is the obvious choice.The other is brass,and since they don't make a brass Profile,i'm stuck again.I put a black one on it and it looks ok,but i'm thinking maybe the gold or ultem Profile.Problem there is,i have had several brass mods and tried several gold rda's on them,and never really got a good color match,so i'm kinda torn here.Anybody have the gold Profile?If so how close is it to a brass color.

I own a Gold Profile. It is a little more deep gold colour than the picture on the Wotofo site. And a lot more shiny. It is bling gold for lack of better words. Unfortunately I do not own a copper device so can’t comment on a match, but personally, I don’t think it would be a good match.

Looking at a few copper Coppervape’s on da interwebz a Stainless RDA’s looks good.

Edit: I meant brass instead of copper :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I own a Gold Profile. It is a little more deep gold colour than the picture on the Wotofo site. And a lot more shiny. It is bling gold for lack of better words. Unfortunately I do not own a copper device so can’t comment on a match, but personally, I don’t think it would be a good match.

Looking at a few copper Coppervape’s on da interwebz a Stainless RDA’s looks good.

Edit: I meant brass instead of copper :facepalm:
Thanks for that info.Without seeing one in person,it was hard to tell,but yeah definitely didn't want shiny,bling type gold,that's the problem i've ran into several other times,is the picture kind of looks like a good match,then when i get it,it's nowhere close.I had forgot i have seen a few mods made of brass and ultem,and they go good together,so i just ordered the ultem Profile to put on it.It came with a SS rda when i bought it,but that color combo never really looked quite right to me.
I'm just happy to actually find a combo that works now,so i can actually use these Coppervape mods now.I bought them all as soon as they came out,before any vendors even had them in stock,i got them direct from the company.I was pretty disappointed when i got them though because no matter what build i put in any rda,they just seemed very weak,so i sat them on the shelf and never bothered with them again until about a week ago when i was bored and decided to see how they would do with the Profile,and this rda woke those mods right up haha.With the Profile,they hit just as good as my Reo,so yeah definitely happy to be able to use them now.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

I have multiples of these colors on Profile RDA's and Profile RTA's... SS, Matt Steel, Alum Purple, Gun Metal, Matt Gun Metal, Black, Matt Black, Gold and Frosted Black.

On the blacks, it might depend on whether your CV has a glossy finish or a matt finish, and whether you want the logo on the Profile to be black or white. I don't like the white logos, so on the mods I have mine on I prefer the Matt Black first then the Black second that has some shine.

The 3 golds are gloss but look just fine on the mods I have them on... gold, black and SS (on the Gold Sig 213 TC it is matchy-matchy). But the brass CV's finish might also come into play. If I don't let the difference between gloss and a less than glossy finish bother me the color is close enough that I personally wouldn't have a problem putting one on my tumbled raw brass mod (mute point though as it is too big for it). I have some AluBronze tube mods as well, but they are a richer color so would not be matchy-matchy. I have a bunch of Nuppin' Marine Brass atty's too, but they are out of sight so out of mind at the moment to compare to.

I personally don't like the Frosted Black... being see thru it always looks grungy. So I also would not like the Frosted Clear or Ultem Profiles ether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread