WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Hello World,

Am I hunting for unicorns again or are there any people on this forum that have/use the Profile rda but that also keep track of how many puffs and how much juice they go through in a day?

If you exist!! can you pretty please tell me how much juice per how many puffs you consume and with what type of mesh/wick and at what wattage?

Thank you.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hello World,

Am I hunting for unicorns again or are there any people on this forum that have/use the Profile rda but that also keep track of how many puffs and how much juice they go through in a day?

If you exist!! can you pretty please tell me how much juice per how many puffs you consume and with what type of mesh/wick and at what wattage?

Thank you.

Luckily I've kept track of puff consumption--5,345,289,999 at 45.7 watts and 2,099,346.783 at 82.1 watts! The puffs got really short at 82.1 watts so I had to use fractions.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Hello World,

Thank you.
Just a quick FYI. That method is a poor way to judge juice consumption. For instance, my puff may be a quick 2 second draw, and yours could be a longer 4 second draw. I would get double the amount of puffs off the same amount of juice as you. This doesn't even factor in how hard the draws are. So this is a super inconsistent measurement.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
:(

LE: Ok, how about this question, is there anyone here who owns/has used both the Vaporesso SKRR tank and the Profile rda, and whatever your hit/vape style how does the juice consumption differ from when you where vaping on the tank to when you started vaping on the rda? Did you find it about the same, did the rda consume more but just a little more, did it consume more but a lot more, or what...?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I did a blasphemous thing to my Profile... And I like it!

FYI the VandyVape Pulse 22 cap fits the Profile deck with a tiny amount of massaging the ID of the VVP22 cap (which is necessary in stock form, anyway /tight cap woes). With the VVP22 cap intake ducts, airflow is directed to my coil and... Wait for it... BAM! It increases the vapor flavor!

Try it and LMK you opinion. :toast:

• Creative
Reactions: Toots

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Since I'm probably gonna get nowhere with my previous questions let me also ask this please, and hopefully I'll have more luck:

Is there any/what difference between the profile rda and the profile unity rta when it comes to:
- primarily juice consumption;
- secondarily flavor;
- tertiary airflow, cause I see the rta has fewer holes then the rda;
- fourthly any other significant difference you think is worth mentioning.

Because all things beeing equal(or very close to equal) I'd rather purchase the rta and that way not have to worry about squanking in the house, and especially not have to purchase another mod for it, I'd just stick it on top of my Luxe.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Juice consumption assuming the same wattage and mesh are being used is roughly equal

Flavour is very close – subjectively I would say the RDA gives better flavour but the difference is so subtle you need to compare them side by side

The Unity has a more restricted airflow, not just due to the air flow from the side, but also due to a reduced chimney. At the same wattage, using the same mesh, it also provides a warmer vape. Again, the difference is subtle and one would need to perform a side by side comparison.

Attention is needed to properly wick both. But the Unity requires further detail to mitigate dry burns. Many tutorials on wicking can be found. You do not have to follow them, but it is suggested if this is your first RTA.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
spyups.jpg @Punk In Drublic.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
Hello World,

Thank you.
don"t count puffs but i go through about 15mls a day at 68 watts....but it is one of about 5 squonk set ups I have going at any one time

Reactions: VlKlNGS

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Is there any/what difference between the profile rda and the profile unity rta when it comes to:
- primarily juice consumption;
- secondarily flavor;
- tertiary airflow, cause I see the rta has fewer holes then the rda;
- fourthly any other significant difference you think is worth mentioning.

I would think that a RTA correctly wicked would in most cases require less juice, the RDA, if squonking can waste juice depending on you technique...in any case it would be slight. Both profiles RTA and RDA under certain conditions will leak juice, RTA when filling with the AC open and the RDA if you over squonk, not a big deal...just a nuisance. I use a VV Kylin M which does not leak at all.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I would think that a RTA correctly wicked would in most cases require less juice, the RDA, if squonking can waste juice depending on you technique...in any case it would be slight. Both profiles RTA and RDA under certain conditions will leak juice, RTA when filling with the AC open and the RDA if you over squonk, not a big deal...just a nuisance. I use a VV Kylin M which does not leak at all.

I can't agree with any less noticeable juice usage in my Profile Unity Mesh RTA's than with my Profile Mesh RDA's using my long DL draws when they have the same mesh in them vaped at the same wattage (and none of my 6 WPU RTA's or 10 WP RDA's leak when filled/squonked or vaped). I do wick the Profile RTA's and RDA's differently to achieve equality in them, but IMO it's the consistency in your learned methodology that matters with this mesh gear.

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
We all have different needs...but I think that I may have become mesh mad. I have 2 Kyln M, 2 Profile and 1 Unity with a third Kylin clone in postie-land. I am amazed by just how long my mesh coils last regardless of juice used, sometimes it is hard to know when to rebuild. My wound coil atty's are slowly fading to storage. Performance wise the VV/WoFo are similar, but the Kylin M has no cons....the Unity will leak if you forget to close the AF when filling. The other day my LS drone leaked juice which I traced to the bottle connection....the Profile was wicked too tight creating too much pressure.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
We all have different needs...but I think that I may have become mesh mad. I have 2 Kyln M, 2 Profile and 1 Unity with a third Kylin clone in postie-land. I am amazed by just how long my mesh coils last regardless of juice used, sometimes it is hard to know when to rebuild. My wound coil atty's are slowly fading to storage. Performance wise the VV/WoFo are similar, but the Kylin M has no cons....the Unity will leak if you forget to close the AF when filling. The other day my LS drone leaked juice which I traced to the bottle connection....the Profile was wicked too tight creating too much pressure.

Not mesh mad here AFAIK, but with 28 mesh atty's in hand I am certainly certifiable something. o_O

I dedicate a specific DIY to every one of my mod/atty setups. As it was in the coil days running the same joose day in/day out equates to both the mesh and the wicking lasting a long time for me. The setups where they get pushed the hardest are those on mech mod's that by default are hit at a much higher wattage than those on my regulated mods.

All of my coiling tools and supplies have long been boxed away. The first mesh atty's were bought two years ago and started replacing all my other atty's as fast as I bought them. Sometime before the end of 2017 mesh atty's were the only workhorses left in my daily/nightly gear rotations. So I only vape mesh and don't see ever going back to wrapping/using coils. So my graveyard of coil atty's is a very large one.

None of my 6 Profile Unity RTA's leak anymore (like some did at first)... including when I refill them without closing the AFC (I never close them). These RTA's are all about the wicking... get it right and they are 100% leak free (and dry hit free if you make sure you always have joose in them). I did my own homework and there was a T&E learning curve to wicking them right every time at first. In my case that included trying 3 different wick materials before settling on the one that works so well for me that I use it in all my mesh atty's now. Other folks here have done the same and are successful using their preferred type of wick installed the way they found works.

fitzdevlin

Nov 11, 2016
Anyone getting spitback on their profile? I finally decided to try this since they made a dual battery squonk, regulated that wasn't 250+ and I seem to be getting a bit of spitback, just a fine mist. I'm running the ORFF mesh at 70w.

EDIT: Anyone using kendo vape cotton? I tried to rewick and must have done something wrong as I got a few dry hits which were god awful and even with the wick saturated I was still getting a burnt taste. I tried an entire strand of kendo but maybe that wasn't enough do I add more and how do I combine the two strands together? I also added more springs under the wicking platform so i have 3 under there now so maybe that'll help.

if the cotton is too thick and heavily compressed, it can't hold as much juice. i cut Bacon into 4 equal pieces, open one up evenly, and loosley roll it back into a cylinder. i also like to roll my mesh around the 3.5mmish post of the included coil toil, and then open it up a bit carefully; in the tighter/more compact roll, it makes finer mesh less likey to get dented/crushed when manipulating into the clamps.

i then seat and clamp one end, lift the other with the coil tool to open up/straighten the curve a bit, and roll/twist my cotton up under according to the direction the cotton was rolled (so it doesn't unravel). at that point, the mesh should be clamped on one end, and the other should be sticking up off the deck over the wick about 2-3mm or 1/8+. next i tuck the cotton back in a bit, apply light pressure to the mesh to guide it into the last clamp without dragging too much cotton down in with it, and tighten.

the trick i'm having is the juice consumption/resistance. gonna try the corner clip n' tuck to see if i can get above .2 so i can lower the wattage and temp...or maybe get #80 xD

Last edited:

thejacko44

Aug 17, 2019
@MrNobody I know this was awhile ago, but did you ever figure out the spitback/mist you were getting from your Profile?

I always feel like I'm getting juice in my mouth even though I'm not getting any hot spitback per se. Just feels like a wet mist. Not very enjoyable TBH. So many people enjoy it though, I figure I just must be doing something wrong.

I usually vape at 50-60w on the mesh (but have tried it from 40w-65w) use a 70vg juice, and wick with Japanese organic cotton sliver. To wick it, I combine two cut off slivers which seemed comparable in size to the Wotofo cotton. Tried several builds with a couple different trimming techniques I saw in videos.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
UPDATE: Same old BS.

That build lasted for about 1 week with flavor and then(out of laziness and needing a break from it all) kept going another 4 days or so with muted flavor untill I was finally forced to rewick it.

Now you'd think it would be as simple as just take it out and build it again exactly the same and you'll get the same result, another 10 days of decent vaping.
And you'd be right, IF the universe wasn't out to get me and the laws of physics where constant! But nope, not for me, for me I build it exactly the same and get a totally different result, aka it burned again within a couple of hits.

So another few days of building it multiple times a day and going through mesh's and cotton like crazy, and we arrive to today, the day when the ofrf SS mesh part of my order arrived.

So any ideas what settings(tcr, W, etc.?) I should use in temp control with the ofrf SS mesh please?
SS is my last attempt before I smash this ......ed, crappy product into a million little pieces!, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Wrong thread. This thread is for the Profile RDA not the Profile Unity RTA

Did you take a picture of the used deck/wick once flavour started to drop off? I do not know what 10 days equates to for there are many variables involved. Power, draw duration, frequency of draws, chain vaping, how sugary your juice is are all contributing factors. What mod are you using, what are the settings and are there any inconsistencies with how it fires as in high wattage pre-heat.

Using Temp Control may help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread