WOFOTO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
I ordered 2 more Profile's today. I'm adding a SS Matte and Alum Purple to the SS, GM and 2 Black one's I already have. They take the Mesh rda's tally here up to 18 of them.

The purple will go on a purple DripTech DS dual parallel battery squonk mod in place of the purple Goon 1.5 it now runs. It ought to be the bees knees on that mod. Not sure where the SS Matte one will end up, but possibly on one of my Reo P67's. It it flies OK on it with the 18650 I may get 4 more of them for my other P67's (I also have 4 Reo 2015 Woodvil's they could go on as well). The downside of all that though is 6 Krytens, 8 Nuppin's and 7 Goon's would loose their only part time homes because I like the mesh rda's better.

View attachment 789477

My goons and krytens got retired. Under 150 watts the profile is better in every way.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If we make the same piece shorter it decreases the resistance and if we make the same piece thinner it increases the resistance? Is that how it works.

That is correct.

I suspect one, some or all of the new colours (sans the plastic/ultem) will end up in my collection in the near future. Haven’t retired my other RDA’s just yet, but they are certainly not receiving the attention they use to.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: madstabber

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I ordered 2 more Profile's today. I'm adding a SS Matte and Alum Purple to the SS, GM and 2 Black one's I already have. They take the Mesh RDA's tally here up to 18 of them.

The purple will go on a purple DripTech DS dual parallel battery squonk mod in place of the purple Goon 1.5 it now runs. It ought to be the bees knees on that mod. Not sure where the SS Matte one will end up, but possibly on one of my Reo P67's. It it flies OK on it with the 18650 I may get 4 more of them for my other P67's (I also have 4 Reo 2015 Woodvil's they could go on as well). The downside of all that though is 6 Krytens, 8 Nuppin's and 7 Goon's would loose their only part time homes because I like the mesh RDA's better.

View attachment 789477
I'm curious to see how the purple one looks,you can never get a true color from the pictures they show on them.I have a purple Desire cut that has a black profile on it now,but if the purple looks like a good color match,i'll have to grab one in that color.So far i've kept it simple,all 4 i have now and the 2 in a cart are all black haha.

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My goons and krytens got retired. Under 150 watts the profile is better in every way.

It doesn't bother me much to retire the Goon's, but shelving almost $600 worth of Krytens/accessories and around $900 worth of Nuppin's (that I simply loved at one time) is harder. I prefer my Digiflavor Mesh Pro's over the Profiles for my uses, why I have more of them than any other kind of mesh RDA's.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm curious to see how the purple one looks,you can never get a true color from the pictures they show on them.I have a purple Desire cut that has a black profile on it now,but if the purple looks like a good color match,i'll have to grab one in that color.So far i've kept it simple,all 4 i have now and the 2 in a cart are all black haha.

Matchy is nice when I can find it, but color match is always an unknown unless from the same MFG (like my Purple Goon/DT-DS Mod that match perfectly). So the purple Profile with that mod will be an unknown until it gets here. My purple Squeeze 2 is way darker purple, would not match either of them... I put a SS Profile w/purple shotgun 810 DT on it. It also looks good with a silver DMP/purple DT on it. I lucked out that the Blue, Gunmental and Silver DMP's are a very close match to my Blue, Gunmetal and Silver Topsides, but never found a good blue match for another regulated squonker I have (and never even tried to find a red one for another one).

Reactions: b.m.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My two newest Profile's were delivered to my door early this morning (Alum Purple and Matte Steel), and were set up on mods soon after.

One had a hopeful squonk mod waiting for it (if the color matched well enough), but it was a quandary what squonk gear to put the other one on.

The Purple did match a DripTech-DS perfectly (retiring a Purple Goon 1.5). I decided to scratch the regulated squonk mod I was going to put the Matte Steel one on off the list and put it on a TRA Reo P67 (taking the last of my 6 Kryten's still in use off it). Both turned out to be excellent choices. In fact I like the Profile on the P67 so much I may buy 4 more Profiles as an excuse to bring the other 4 P67's I have back into more regular service.

I like regulated squonking just fine, but I started vaping with mech tube mods almost 6 years ago, and started squonking on earlier models of mech Reos 4.5+ years ago (I have 36 mech squonkers). I guess when push comes to shove I like mech squonking better. Either that or because the Profile is proving to be 'the' most perfect atty for a P67 IMO when I've had many, many high quality atty's on them in the past.

Excuse the so-so picture. My current camera gave up the ghost, so I had to dig out another camera I have not used since around 2006/2007 (Canon S3 IS 6.0MP) that I will have to relearn how to use all its features and strobe again. (IOW, the purples match perfectly, the DT's are not blue and the mods are not blotched.)

2profiles.jpg

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Most of my gear was bought at the full retail prices. If I want it price matters not to me @Punk In Drublic. With the here today gone tomorrow it is now days where gear comes and goes quite fast, if you snooze you loose. So I buy all the gear I want ASAP before they are no longer available.

I agree. It’s not so much the 15% less than surrounding retailers – I brought that up just for the sake of conversation. It’s how much is international shipping or how much is needed to qualify for free shipping.

I’m ok spending $35 to $40 CAN for one of these should I find one local in one of the new colours. However…. I’m not comfortable spending $75 CAN for an atomizer I can get for less than half the price, just because it is a different colour. I know some online retailers offer free international shipping, but that also comes at a cost of time. I may not want it a month from now, which could be the amount of time it usually takes to ship to Canada.

Canada is a large country with a small(ish) population. Distribution is more of a challenge therefore we do not enjoy the same luxuries as say the US.

There are a few local stores I have my eye on. If they do not have the new colours in a week or 2 I will weigh my options then.

Vape products in Canada also do not scale the same as our currency conversion. A lot of the time it is more expensive, and by some margin, to shop internationally.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I agree. It’s not so much the 15% less than surrounding retailers – I brought that up just for the sake of conversation. It’s how much is international shipping or how much is needed to qualify for free shipping.

I’m ok spending $35 to $40 CAN for one of these should I find one local in one of the new colours. However…. I’m not comfortable spending $75 CAN for an atomizer I can get for less than half the price, just because it is a different colour. I know some online retailers offer free international shipping, but that also comes at a cost of time. I may not want it a month from now, which could be the amount of time it usually takes to ship to Canada.

Canada is a large country with a small(ish) population. Distribution is more of a challenge therefore we do not enjoy the same luxuries as say the US.

There are a few local stores I have my eye on. If they do not have the new colours in a week or 2 I will weigh my options then.

Vape products in Canada also do not scale the same as our currency conversion. A lot of the time it is more expensive, and by some margin, to shop internationally.

I know about long shipping delays from Canada to the US as well... so can imagine it works both ways with Canada Post being most of the problem. Some years ago I waited about a month for 4 items that were in stock AND that could be sent in a #10 letter envelope. Once it finally got into the US delivery was almost immediate.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
There is a lot of cotton in there to saturate so there will be a slight learning curve with squonking on a Profile vs a regular coil RDA. Once fully saturated, you should get a lot more than just 3 hits.

I run my Profiles, with the Wotofo mesh between 40 and 50 watts, 50 to 60 watts with the OFRF mesh, depending on juice I am vaping. Never counted the amount of hits I get, but it is a lot more than 3 - if I had to guess it would be in the double digits. But when I squonk, depending on the squonk bottle I may do a long hard squeeze or a few short rapid squeezes. Perhaps pull the cap or drip tip and look at how saturated your wick is getting with each squonk until you get use to how many squeezes it takes.

I don’t cut my wicks in any special way. Straight cut at the edge of the deck, tuck in as much as I can but if all the cotton does not tuck neatly into the juice well, that is fine. Pop the cap back on, saturate and if needed massage the wicks away from the air ports.

• Agree
Reactions: Enso and b.m.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@gwink... I'm surprised. The Profile is as easy as it gets in mesh RDA's... they are far easier to get right than my other mesh RDA's (DMP's & VVM's).

Only three 2-3 second hits suggests that you have a problem with the wicking not holding enough joose... either the amount/way you installed/groomed the wick, or the way you are squonking it, or to a lesser extent maybe if you are vaping a PG heavy joose (or a combination of some of them).

The Matt Steel Profile on the TRA mech Reo P67 I pictured above has the Wotofo KA1 mesh in it. As a mech squonker with this mesh it hits at about 98W-75W depending on how fresh the battery is. I didn't think to check how fresh the 30A battery was before I started, but as of now it holds 3.28VDC so was still hitting at 60W at the end of the test. However that's lower than I normally run my batts down to. Anyway, with the wick in it fully saturated I just vaped 30 2-3 second DLH hits with no dry hit, and with no loss of flavor and very little loss of vapor production at the end. BUT it was just barely starting to show the earliest signs that the wicking was wanting to be squonked again. Just as well, after that over usage I had to stop to let the atty cool down twice, give my lungs a break from this strong DIY and let my taste buds settle down again. The DIY used is mixed 80VG/20PG nic free.... this VG Heavy mix produces massive flavor carrying vapor. I use pulled and rolled CBV2 for the cotton wick. Like @Punk In Drublic I don't over groom the wicking. I just thread it in for a slightly tight fit, rake the raw ends, cut it off to length then tuck the tails down into the outer drip well.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I simply love my Matte Steel Profile on my mech TRA Reo P67. So I ordered another Profile (#7). This one is Gold to put on my Black Wrinkle Reo P67 (it will retire the Gold Goon 1.5 that's on it). Still on the fence about whether to also put them on my other three P67's that have also been retired for a long time. I don't really need anymore mods in my rotations. But this combo is just so great for my uses I had to at least setup a second one.

67profilemesh.jpg P67x5-6s.jpg

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
The Profile is a total juice hog. I like it but I don’t think I can afford to use it every day. I’ve doubled my ml’s since it arrived.

It’s sefinitley thirstier then a single coil reduced chamber rda but I don’t find it thirstier then most dual coils. It’s definitley less thirsty then every dtl rta I’ve used.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread