Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
3 walkouts after 2 days

Due to my physical limitations I periodically hire someone to help - I had one that quit after only 45 minutes. I was cutting the branches and he was loading / hauling them in the wheelbarrow. On the third wheelbarrow - he dropped it and said - "This is to hard"... I have had several that just never came back after the first day. I pay about the same amount as you depending upon the task at hand.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Due to my physical limitations I periodically hire someone to help - I had one that quit after only 45 minutes. I was cutting the branches and he was loading / hauling them in the wheelbarrow. On the third wheelbarrow - he dropped it and said - "This is to hard"... I have had several that just never came back after the first day. I pay about the same amount as you depending upon the task at hand.

I, too, sometimes try and use a hired hand for various things .. the older gentleman that I used for years passed, so I posted some notes on Craigs List and some bulletin boards around the area .. same experience as you, adding that I would eventually have to demand they give me their phone if they lasted more than a few hours since the phone was more important than the work ..

And, I still pay in actual green cash money at the end of each day or job, did not matter .. I may be old, and it may take me a little longer, but I'll still outwork these newly minted clowns any day of the week and twice on Sunday ..

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
How do I "cancel" a post? I could have sworn I saw it, earlier today. Now I can't find it anywhere!
jup like semi said, delete it and the disk to the right of the camera has the delete draft

What's going on, everybody get normal all of a sudden? :eek:
Bite your tongue!!

Last Christmas Mike had her Skype through our big TV so it was like she was sitting here with us as we opened gifts.
wow, that's so amazing!!! so wish I'd known about it when my son was deployed.

I'm going for breakfast biscuits at Chick-fil-a.
yummmmm omggg those are amazing.....and y'all have country ham ones too??? salt cured ham???? I don't know if we have others than chicken, but my sil many years ago used to sleep with those!!! We had the coffee pot by the bed, I worked evenings, and when she was off, one of use would take the kids to school and come home with chicken biscuits, the other would get the coffee made....we jump back into bed, snuggle down with a cup of coffee in one hand, chicken biscuit in the other, at some point fall back asleep, wake up, take a bite of biscuit, a slurp of coffee, and go back to sleep lol You gotta be good to be able to sleep with a cup of coffee in your hand!! no lids, just a regular mug.

Please tell me more about the "Hangout". Do we see each other?? My laptop has a built in camera and I've seen myself but not so sure I'm ready to "go public".
jup even if you decide to turn your camera off, you can still see others. I use my avatar that I have here. So you see a cartoon, and here a disembodied voice. lol I don't do it cuz I'm camera shy, But this isn't my house, so I respect sil's wishes about it. Some day at my son's house I'll turn the camera on and surprise everyone! I had more fun last night with so many than I've had since I can't remember when!! I'm already in the hangout waitin for tonite!! got my seat!! hehehe I would say if we get a full house tonite......and others want in..... post here that you're waiting, and we'll try to keep checking, to see if someone is waiting, and one of us will let you have our seat. Plus we can do others. We had a great impromptu one last night.

I have a front and a back porch. Both of which I use. Where do I belong lol.
Welcome!!!

m too late to bless your biscuit.
Giggle Head Shake.gif

the shot at an actual, life long skill, that will provide for a good living as long as you want to do it .. custom wood work / instrument building and repair is a niche area that is getting to be a dying art,
this is such a shame......and as you always do, said all that so very well. And CL hit it on the head..... no respect for anything anymore. This has been my gripe for many years. Kids aren't taught respect, for themselves, others, authority or anything.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Hi Roto, hope your having a great day. Other than getting up to darn early and not having slept last night mine is gp9ng fairly good. Beautiful outside and I am considering going back for a nap in a few minutes.

I understand all too well about the lack of sleep. I didn't go to bed until 3 am, and then was up at 6:45am. Hoping to take a nap soon.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yep I have to take my nap early so I have time to put my make up on and curl my hair for the BIG SHOW, thats if I decided to turn on my camera. Starts at 7 so thats 4 here should work out perfect. Gotta get some beauty sleep but don't think I have enough time to do that would need about 10 years. Should be interesting to be able to put a voice to more names.

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
oh no.......I went to bed at 4 am but didn't get up til 1 You best get a nap!

You poor soul. Every once in awhile I have problems, but generally I sleep like a baby. If you talk to me long enough, I may put you to sleep. Of course, I could drive you crazy first, and Pepper wouldn't want to be responsible for that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread