Not open for further replies.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Free Quit Tea Sample | QuitSmoking.com

Gosh, that's one thing I never tried. . .
sarcasm.gif

But...what's in it?

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
And, while I'm at it, why can't they invent a coffee can that your scoop can easily get to those last remaining bits when you get down to the last of the can .. ?? In my continued efforts at frugality, I resort to upending the can over a plate, beating the side in order to out the remains and then diverting them by hand to the coffee filter .. after all, it's supposed to be "Good Till The Last Grain" .. er, drop ..

I will end it by saying "I hate touching ground coffee" .. it just feels weird .. ;)

As the queen of frugality, as soon as it gets to where it looks like less than a pot, I open a new can and dump/beat the remaining open coffee into it. No touching of the coffee, so no wasting what would stick to your hand. Don't mix it up, and you can get most of the older coffee out the first time you use the new can, if you're worried about freshness. :)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

Well there you go! At least there was an explanation at this site. What I saw was just a statement saying caffeine was lost in the darker roasts which is why I didn't take it for gospel. Of course, probably next week a study will come out and say something totally different. I just know that for me, switching to decaf has helped reduce my palpitations so I'll stick with it because I REALLY like my coffee, especially in the morning. It wasn't as difficult leaving the caffeine behind as I thought it was going to be.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I ain't touching that one, but I'm sure someone will!
They're little jute balls that fell of the macrame over the years. I thought they were gone 4 ever but, cleaning out the drawers around here we came across them. Gotta send them up to Kay.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
They're little jute balls that fell of the macrame over the years. I thought they were gone 4 ever but, cleaning out the drawers around here we came across them. Gotta send them up to Kay.

Just glad nobody stepped on 'em!

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Hello, you old people. I'm here:D... well, I've been here working on a month. I almost forgot about ECF.:?: Hope everyone's doing well. The temps have been smokin' hot, just how I like it.

Well looky who the cat dragged in, it's that 'ol charmer Pepper.... How nice of you to stop in to amuse us old folks....
cat+cartoon.jpg

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I am trying to determine at what time to quit drinking coffee. I realized that my headaches are caffeine withdrawal. However, if I drink coffee until three in the afternoon, I have to use benadryl to get to sleep at night. And that eventually quits working if used regularly. Quitting at noon brings on the headaches. So today I quit at two.

Yep, I agree with what Gracie said. Caffeine affects people differently so you have to find what works for you. I've got some friends who can still drink regular coffee and then go right to bed and zone out immediately. Wish I was one of them.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hello, you old people. I'm here:D... well, I've been here working on a month. I almost forgot about ECF.:?: Hope everyone's doing well. The temps have been smokin' hot, just how I like it.
Pepper! Pics or you're in Canada.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yep, I agree with what Gracie said. Caffeine affects people differently so you have to find what works for you. I've got some friends who can still drink regular coffee and then go right to bed and zone out immediately. Wish I was one of them.
I can do that. Except for that late afternoon cup. I just don't risk it, I have enough trouble sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread