Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
... but ... but ... you can make Margarita's in a blender and couple that's down's a few of them ... well ... use your imagination on what can come from that. :cool:

Heck, I can't even remember if the Marg had been even invented yet back then .. however, I will retain your tip in the ultra rare event that I might need to use it in the future .. ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Why is it that when politics are mentioned, religion gets dragged in kicking and screaming?

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

Personally, I don't see any correlation unless someone wants there to be one ..

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I bought Doree a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas probably 35 years ago. Still have and it's still running strong. Excellent machine. Definitely a lifetime investment.

They were, and mine is nearly 20 years old, but the original company is no longer making them, and the new ones aren't the same quality.

Oh no! Didn't know that. Do you know how long ago they changed?

Lil' KA history HERE and on Wiki. We have had a KA mixer fer 'bout 30 years with no issues. But, I have had to repair my youngest daughter's six y.o. unit thrice so far.

Had chicken Alfredo for dinner last night. Pretty good!

... aka poultry stuffed Matt.

... not sure if the majority of this group cottons to tolerance and compassion.

Hopefully tolerance for me and compassion for you...
toothy.gif

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
BACON!!!!! ok......I'm over it now (I think)

I hear ya about the medical procedures. 1st wife gets iron infusion, 2nd me physical with PCP, 4th Hemotologist me, 7th see about new sockets for legs, 10th physical with VA PCP. Her tests looked good no bleeding they could find no C so they are going to give her iron.
Glad of no cancer! wow, two physicals 8 days apart? Hope everything comes out well and that they really help you with the new sockets.

woo hoo lights just came on after 18 hours of dark :)
wow, so sorry you had to go through that. Glad it's over.

I've got Downton Abbey on PBS, no Celtic Woman.
I've got other stuff also for the times he mentioned, but did a search, the Destiny is on here on 12/2 and 12/6 so I set it to record.

When I go back out Thursday, I'm going back out for 11 days. Yeah, I know. I've lost my sanity.
Dang darlin!! it'll be nice you have Christmas off, but you aint gonna get rest that way!

the original company is no longer making them, and the new ones aren't the same quality.
really hate to hear that, and what Iffy said about having to fix his daughter's 3 times in 6 years. that's a shame. Plus, I just saw the price of the attachments...... think I'm takin it off my dream list.

Talked to my CU this morning. The charges came thru my debit card. They are going to make me a new one when I go down to fill out the paperwork for the dispute. They say it will take 5-10 days to get my $$ back. All good except the 5 -10 days part.
hate that it'll take so long.....but glad they're getting it taken care of. You gonna be ok?

I think folks here have plenty of tolerance and compassion.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I've got other stuff also for the times he mentioned, but did a search, the Destiny is on here on 12/2 and 12/6 so I set it to record.
My question is for anyone who has HD DirecTv: does your system need to "update content" at least once a day? It's a little bit of a PITA. Frequently, I'm selecting "do it later, not now".

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Calling all dog lovers. My son and dil are considering getting another dog. One reason is so Frankie will have someone to play with, and now that I'm here, they won't be left alone when they're at work. Need some suggestions for breeds to look at that would be compatible.

Frankie is part west highland white terrier, and part either chinese crested or deer chihuahua best as we can tell. He has a ton of energy, but sleeps most of the day I think cuz he's bored. But take him outside on a leash, and he nearly chokes himself trying to run and gets way over excited.

Requirements:
20 is pounds or so. Don't want one much if any bigger than Frankie, cuz the yard just isn't big enough for a large dog to run in. 2 small dogs can chase each other around out there.

Not super high energy, but enough that they will run and play with him.

Low maintenance as far as grooming, but prefer they not shed a whole lot. and of course, the fewer potential health issues the better.

Fairly easy to train. My son and I will invest time in training and be consistent, by gd and dil won't.

Not a nervous yappy dog. lol So chihuahuas are out.

I know toy poodles fit well into these categories, but wanted some other suggestions.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
My question is for anyone who has HD DirecTv: does your system need to "update content" at least once a day? It's a little bit of a PITA. Frequently, I'm selecting "do it later, not now".
yes, dish and direct both do that. You can set it for the time you want it to do that, if there is a time that you're always asleep or not likely to be watching. I often told it to skip it.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
If I had my druthers.....I'd rather have a bacon avocado sandwich, but........greek yogurt with blueberries and chia seeds is what I'll have to settle for....:)

Me I am contemplating an egg sandwich LOL. Been awhile since I have had one.

I really do try and stay within the dietary constraints imposed on the "You Must Eat Healthy" crew .. however, beginning on Thanksgiving Day, when a small crowd of women forced delicacies upon me, then, getting a Jones for eggnog, which mistakenly (right .. ;)) I bought the full version of, and what eggnog would be complete without my old friend .. ?? And, as I was at the Kroger, this Marie Callender deep dish apple pie with streusel topping kept calling and winking at me, along with her friend, Ms Cool Whip .. so, I took them home as well, thusly, polishing off a third of the pie that day and half the eggnog ..

Then, yesterday, in order to put the "icing on the cake", I broke a Cardinal rule and took out Taco Bell ..

Sigh .. :eek: .. the Holidays .. what can you do .. ?? :) .. and yes, it looked just like the picture ..

1278110120-L.jpg

Having spent the better part of the morning removing the "Sale" emails from my inbox ;) .. I tried to pump more petrol in the trucks tank, but could only squeeze in a few more gallons .. at $1.78 per, I am very much tempted to look into a storage tank for the backyard ;) .. it's like getting a raise .. one 20 gallon tank on the truck and one 10 gallon .. $53 and change if bone dry now .. flash back 2008 .. $4.10 per / $123.00 if bone dry ..

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
ohhhh...I miss Marie Callenders restaurants in California !!

Great food !!
trust me, they've gone downhill. about the only thing i can tolerate there any more is the salad bar.

and, anybody who's seen me in the HO knows i ain't much of a salad guy :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
trust me, they've gone downhill. about the only thing i can tolerate there any more is the salad bar.

and, anybody who's seen me in the HO knows i ain't much of a salad guy :)

Oh that is so sad about the food going down hill !!
And they had great cornbread too !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread