Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Exactly. What's to keep me from opening a candy supply store with all sorts of cool flavors? What do I know what people do with those flavors?
The way I read it: if it is reasonably intended to be used as a tobacco product, the it is on scope.

What "reasonable" means is unknown and without precedent. Certainly the FDA did not act reasonably today, so God only knows how their compass would swing.

You are on track that people will work around this. If I was an eliquid supplier right now, I'd be preparing a PMTA on unflavored nicotine base. If people decide to add Flavor Art flavorings to that in the privacy of their own homes.... well, until this out of control government puts in their surveillance cameras in your bedroom.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hey everyone... :facepalm:

I'm at work and haven't had time to read this. But I pretty much get what's going on without reading it. Indeed, none of us should be surprised. I do look forward to reading it all and finding out the specifics.

The FDA has proved to me time and time again they do not care about our health whatsoever. Example: I used to live in Vermont. The state was attempting to pass legislation requiring food products be labeled whether or not they contain GMOs. Please note, this was not an attempt to legislate what people eat. Not whatsoever. It was simply being done so that people who do care about GMOs could be informed about the foods they are buying. They would have been free to eat whatever they want, though. GMOs would continue to be sold as normal...and bought by many people, I am sure.

The FDA threatened to SUE Vermont. WHY!? We're talking about one of the smallest states in the USA, also the most rural one. Not like the state could afford that legal battle so it abandoned that legislation altogether against the will of its people.

What more proof do we need that the FDA cares not about our health whatsoever - in fact, the FDA is in essence a huge government overreach with its pockets lined by lobbyists - we all know this is true, and it is exactly why we are facing the "regulations" for vaping.

It is no wonder so many Americans are sick of the government. I'm one of them 100%.

Without having read this yet, I just would like to say - we are a powerful community and are all united from many walks of life and places in the world by this life saving product we all know is healthier for us than cigs. I feel at least 99% better than when I smoked. In fact, almost 2 years after quitting cigs, I still think my lungs are in the process of healing. My singing voice continues to improve, and I cannot think of any reason other than vaping vs smoking for that to be the case.

Let's keep up the good fight...let's certainly not go quietly...

I hate the thought of buying stuff off the black market...they KNOW a lot of people will, even if they say it will be minuscule. They don't care. End of story...:facepalm:

Thanks for all you guys do. Admins, thank you for ECF. This is a great place. Let's keep it going everyone.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Oh, I agree with you. there will be many ways to circumvent the regulations, but at the end of the day, the headaches, hassles and horse**** will not be worth it for most people, let alone people who want to start vaping.
Agreed. Folks like us will be able to get everything we need, albeit with a bit of effort.

I really feel sorry for smokers trying to quit in the future and local B&M retailers. The latter is not going to be a fun place to be in the coming few years. Not cool.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 90, Guests: 117)

I am glad to see this many people here...
Wondering if any of the "Guests" are involved on the FDA/rulers side of things and praying they see what a crapstorm they have on their hands now !

Edit :
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 98, Guests: 132)

Edit :
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 103, Guests: 130)

iowa31s

Feb 1, 2013
Iowa
Well, so far I have signed the new petition listed above, and I had already signed the old one. I have also filled out and emailed the contact form on the CASAA website, thus sending my representatives my feelings on the subject, and H.R. 2058. I added a couple of calm and informative paragraphs toward the end of the form email, adding some things that I felt needed to be addressed. I have also called my Rep in the house, and had a wonderful conversation with the aide to answered the phone about the FDA deeming regulations, and why we need H.R. 2058.
I then looked up H.R. 2058, and found that it hasn't moved for right at a year, and the last action on the bill was it was sent to the Health subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce committee. I then looked up the chairman of that committee, and found it to be Rep. Joe Pitts (R) Penn. 16th dist. His phone number is (202)225-2411. I called his office, and had a lovely conversation with the lady who answered the phone. I let her know that while congressman Pitts does not represent me personally, he is the chairman of the subcommittee that a bill which I care about very deeply has been sent. I implored them to take a look at that bill, and maybe see if we can get it moving forward out of committee, so that it may see a full vote in the house, since it has 51 bipartisan cosponsors.

I also ordered a liter of nicotine for my DIY juice, and am now out of ideas as to what to do next.

Iowa31s.

TVSH

Jun 5, 2013
Boqueron, P.R. USA
My biggest concern is the people that don't have the knowledge or DIY skills some of us do. I have many customers that are elderly, Been smoker for longer then I've been alive that want something simple yet effective. Every one of them tried the cigalikes. I had to literally resell them on e-cigs due to the bad experiences they went through.

All of those people will be back to cigs. And that is a majority in my opinion. Those individuals will be far more effected and a death sentence in many cases.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Re: the comments and online articles. People still believe vaping is a tobacco industry product. There are to many of them. And they all have their torches and pitchforks, out for blood. :(

Yep. My wife is partially on this train of thought. She still thinks I'm smoking. Spoke with her over my lunch about all of this, her comment: well, time to finally quit, that's what you wanted when you started vaping anyway.

She's a wonderful woman in every other way, she puts up with me, so I just sigh and reply: it's not that simple, hun....

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
<snip>.... well, until this out of control government puts in their surveillance cameras in your bedroom.
I know you did not think that through. Most all people willingly place a microphone and camera in their bedroom each night. In fact they carry it on their side or in their pocket, with the included tracking device specifically used for specifying their precise location down to one meter or less at any given moment. But, you knew this already ;)

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
So what if my nicotine base is extracted from tomatoes?
Tomato growers would be required to submit a PMTA, otherwise all tomatoes would be "subject to enforcement" in 3 years.

Maybe we should argue that the FDA include tomatoes and eggplant in the deeming? No more tomatoes in 3 years. Banned. Then, maybe people would wake up and realize the oppressive government they have created.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've seen several news segments on TV about this today. The only aspect any of them mentioned was that it will be illegal to sell vaping gear to anyone under 18, which was already illegal in a large majority of States. My guess is it will fade from the general public consciousness completely by tomorrow, with hardly anyone outside of the vaping community having picked up on what actually happened. I suspect that right now a large percentage of vapers have no idea what just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread