Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
i haz a really sad.

I don't want to sound dramatic, but the thought has crossed my mind. I have so much other crap going on in my life that just getting a pack of Salems looks inviting. Ecigs are much healthier, but I don't have any family left, so it's not really an issue.

Oh, no, (((((Kitty)))))! Don't be sad. Please don't. :wub:

If you have to have a cig, have a cig. But Backwoods Brew Menthol (a subtly sweetish combination of their tobacco and menthol) tastes just like a Salem cigarette, only better!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Oh, no, (((((Kitty)))))! Don't be sad. Please don't. :wub:

If you have to have a cig, have a cig. But Backwoods Brew Menthol (a subtly sweetish combination of their tobacco and menthol) tastes just like a Salem cigarette, only better!

I'm happy with the flavors I have. I haven't had, or wanted, a cigarette in almost 4 years. But honestly I wonder if I'm not the only one having trouble dealing with this. A big button for me emotionally is trying to do everything right, everything you can think of, and still getting punished.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm happy with the flavors I have. I haven't had, or wanted, a cigarette in almost 4 years. But honestly I wonder if I'm not the only one having trouble dealing with this. A big button for me emotionally is trying to do everything right, everything you can think of, and still getting punished.

It's not over, Kitty. We have to fight this nonsense.

Step away from your computer. Play with your goat. Have a stiff drink. Invite a friend over for dinner. Don't let them get to you!!!

It's not over. Not even close.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Out of curiosity, I posted on several of my private facebook groups, non vape related, asking people what they knew of the deeming regs, what they think, etc...

Most people don't have a clue. A few say they think ecigs are good, but should only be used to wean off of regular cigs ("otherwise they don't do any good"). They have absolutely no idea that the regulations are a de facto ban, and don't really care for that matter. They also think you can vape 'the other thing' in ecigs and that that's what most people are doing. Sigh.

Also, big takeaway for most seems to be, 'regulated just like cigarettes'. Which they all think is an awesome idea. Not understanding that all cigarettes currently on the market were grandfathered in and ecigs won't be.

About the only media they have seen that even discusses that this regulation favors BT is the silly Samantha Bee video.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
NJOY got a patent on an ecig in 2006. I saw the page once, but haven't been able to find it since. I have always suspected that NJOY is the unnamed product alluded to in the Deeming regs.
Does a patent alone count? I thought I read somewhere that things had to be actively marketed as of the cutout date to be grandfathered.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Does a patent alone count? I thought I read somewhere that things had to be actively marketed as of the cutout date to be grandfathered.

You're right. It does say that the product had to be on the market (excluding anything available for only test marketing) on February 15, 2007.

I hate them.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I don't want to sound dramatic, but the thought has crossed my mind. I have so much other crap going on in my life that just getting a pack of Salems looks inviting. Ecigs are much healthier, but I don't have any family left, so it's not really an issue.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The FDA wants to treat e-liquid "manufacturers," who are really e-liquid mixers, like moonshiners. In reality though, they're more like bartenders. Can you imagine if every bar in America had to be certified as an alcohol producer? Every margarita had to go through an application process and had to be certifiably identical to all previous margaritas made at that bar?
Perfect analogy.

No, we don't do that. We make sure the ingredients are what they're supposed to be, and if it's legal to consume, you can combine it however you want. That's how it SHOULD be with e-liquid.
Where does the FedGov get the notion that they can arbitrarily make it illegal for people to consume whatever they want? I don't see anything in the Constitution that grants them the authority to do that. 100 years ago, they still understood this and actually passed an amendment to give themselves such authority over the "manufacture, sale, or transportation" of alcohol, but even that didn't make consumption illegal.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Conclusions:
However, more importantly, promotion of e-cigarette use in smoking cessation or harm reduction may need to be coupled with counseling focused on training smokers on how to manage e-cigarette devices and behaviors and situations associated with tobacco smoking.

Bolded by me...

Yeah, how dare them darn vapers. Finding solutions on their own, liberating themselves from the shackles of tobacco without someone else patting themselves on the back for having 'freed' yet another soul ( while more often than not taking money for it too) ...

Guess some see the writing on the wall and are making noises to make sure that they get their share of the new pie (vaping) too..

It's not just NRT from BP, all these seminars, and training courses and counseling for smokers ...

it's a whole industry around that cycle of getting people hooked, getting people weaned, getting people hooked, getting...

...getting hopefully off my back for a change :

Done gone into smoking without ya
Done getting done with smoking without ya
Doing vaping without ya
Can find my own a... without a flashlight... and without ya.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Is the pre-filled tank ego, 510, or proprietary connection? I've always thought they would prepare themselves to get something approved. I hope that doesn't mean that they won't step up and fight for the rest of vaping.
I have one of their setups it is ego and 510

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Conclusions:
However, more importantly, promotion of e-cigarette use in smoking cessation or harm reduction may need to be coupled with counseling focused on training smokers on how to manage e-cigarette devices and behaviors and situations associated with tobacco smoking.

Oh man. Is this going to be like attending driver's ed again? And will I have to show I can vape correctly with both a regulated AND a mech mod?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Oh man. Is this going to be like attending driver's ed again? And will I have to show I can vape correctly with both a regulated AND a mech mod?

Will there be a Written Exam? Old Arthritic hands hurt when writing:oops:

Would that disqualify me from the $99.99 cig-a-like program? :sneaky:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, how dare them darn vapers. Finding solutions on their own, liberating themselves from the shackles of tobacco without someone else patting themselves on the back for having 'freed' yet another soul ( while more often than not taking money for it too) ...
I don't think that's how they view it. I think it's more like:

How dare those darn vapers, continuing to enjoy inhaling their nicotine, which is obviously a tobacco product, without any negative consequences to their health! If we let that continue and it becomes apparent that there really aren't any serious health issues associated with this vile habit, we'll be back to having half the population "smoking" within another generation of two.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It's eGo threaded.

I am a little concerned about their intentions tbh. Not a good sign, that they haven't issued a statement yet.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt when they changed course on flavors, mostly because of their previous legal success against the FDA. We really need them on our side.

Perhaps their marketing research would indicate that a 510 connection would be more attractive to vapers who have components they need to utilize.

7yda.jpg

I have one of their setups it is ego and 510
Ok, the reason I ask is, non proprietary connection could be a big problem for them. I'm still a little unclear on how it works, but there's the bit about making sure that your component is safe to use with any other component it could be used with.

Reactions: nicnik

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Ok, the reason I ask is, non proprietary connection could be a big problem for them. I'm still a little unclear on how it works, but there's the bit about making sure that your component is safe to use with any other component it could be used with.
I would not be the least bit surprised if they come out with a "new and improved version" that is not 510/ego before Aug 8.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If we let that continue and it becomes apparent that there really aren't any serious health issues associated with this vile habit, we'll be back to having half the population "smoking" within another generation of two.

The Misplaced ill will of a Reprogrammed mentality Brought on through Decades of indoctrination into a Cult like belief that a Look is an Act.

Looks like some Future thinking Groups are already preparing to Jump ship for Greener Financial Pastures.
American Lung Association Joining With CVS in Promoting Lung Cancer awareness with no mention of Smoking Risk................Hmmm........

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: American Lung Association and CVS Health Campaign Downplays the Importance of Smoking in Preventing Lung Cancer

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Misplaced ill will of a Reprogrammed mentality Brought on through Decades of indoctrination into a Cult like belief that a Look is an Act.

Looks like some Future thinking Groups are already preparing to Jump ship for Greener Financial Pastures.
American Lung Association Joining With CVS in Promoting Lung Cancer awareness with no mention of Smoking Risk................Hmmm........

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: American Lung Association and CVS Health Campaign Downplays the Importance of Smoking in Preventing Lung Cancer

That's pretty funny coming after CVS stopped selling cigarettes as they felt it wasn't appropriate for a pharmacy to sell a dangerous product like tobacco. Still, it is true that anyone can get lung caner. Although the incidence of lung cancer among nonsmoker is about ~15% of all cases versus ~85% among smokers. The types of cancer are typically different as well. Letting nonsmokers know they should still get regular checkups isn't a bad thing, although screening all nonsmokers as thoroughly as smokers would get awfully expensive.

Reactions: Sir Kadly

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Nah, you only need a "Class M" licence for a mech.
For a regular vaping license, you just have to register.
Then there's the "Professional Vaper" license - for that, you have to take a class, and pass a coil-building test.

Users who are viewing this thread