Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
At this point I would accept help from anyone, including BT. Yes, I'd keep an eye out for that dagger coming from behind, but desperate times.

'And the lion shall sleep with the lamb, but the lamb won't get much sleep'

Sorry Less, couldn't help it!

T

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
There is quite a bit of information in the video I posted earlier.

There Was/Is.

Because the Core Message is Very Important. And I think All Parties in that Video did a Good Job of Repeating it Many Times.

The BEST thing an Individual Can Do Right Now is to Keep Contacting their Representatives and to get Those who Haven't (be them a Vaper or a Non-Vaper) to Do The Same.

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Vapor Technology Association
http://vaportechnology.org/vta-conference.pdf

Like I said, I'm just not that Familiar with VTA. But I do know that if Someone makes a Hit Piece like what was posted earlier, and will not put their Name and or Organization on it, then it is FUD.
One way to better understand what VTA is all about, is to know who the leaders are. This is who they list as their Executive Leadership :

-Nicopure Labs ( Halo )
-VMR About VMR - VMR Products
-tobacco Technology Inc. Welcome to Tobacco Technology, Inc.
-Alfaliquid Alfaliquid shop for electronic cigarette or ecigarette | E-liquid Online Shop - Alfaliquid.com
-Intrepid Brands
-Next Generation Labs Next Generation Labs
-Pharma Nic (this seems to be just a trademark of Next Gen Labs )

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One way to better understand what VTA is all about, is to know who the leaders are. This is who they list as their Executive Leadership :

-Nicopure Labs ( Halo )
-VMR About VMR - VMR Products
-tobacco Technology Inc. Welcome to Tobacco Technology, Inc.
-Alfaliquid Alfaliquid shop for electronic cigarette or ecigarette | E-liquid Online Shop - Alfaliquid.com
-Intrepid Brands
-Next Generation Labs Next Generation Labs
-Pharma Nic (this seems to be just a trademark of Next Gen Labs )

Like I said. I not sure How Much I can take-away from some of the Information that is available about VTA "Leadership".

Meaning, I'm just not sure How Aligned their Goals are to Mine?

I'm not saying that someone who is Invested in the Combustible tobacco Market can't help me. Or that Help Can/Should Only come from a Non-Profit Consumer Advocacy group.

But I am Also not say'n that a Trade Organization could not have Goals that I would Strongly Oppose.

So much of this has Moved into the Filth Arena where Money speaks Louder than things like Truth or Health. And where sometimes you have to Be a Thief to Catch a Thief.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
You beat me by 4 Minutes. LOL

Here is an ECF Thread for it...

Brilliant video

Sorry. There are too many places to look. I just drop stuff off here when I find it. :)

I do try and look in the logical places first though.

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
BTW I got a response from my Senator Bill Nelson Dem FL. He gave me a basic run down of the deeming, which I already knew, DUH. And said nothing either way about supporting HR 2058 or the Cole Bishop amendment. He did say he would keep me updated. RIGHT! I have voted for him many times. He is one of the reasons we need term limits. He has been in the senate way too long.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry. There are too many places to look. I just drop stuff off here when I find it. :)

I do try and look in the logical places first though.

No Worries Salem.

I would like to see things like this in about Every ECF Thread.

:D

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
The FDA isn't saying that vaping is smoking though, just that vaping may be as bad, or worse than smoking... :censored: ...-hats

But the FDA is saying that it's a tobacco product. The judge disagrees. :)

“An electronic cigarette neither burns nor contains tobacco,” the court noted. “ ;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That article has 10,000 shares. Wow! I have never even heard of that site.

It was a Big Story when it 1st came out.

And the Individual who was Sited gained a level of Notoriety for this and some of his Other actions.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
This was just listed on FB....curious.....wonder if it can be sited by current court rulings?

New York Court Rules that Vaping Is Not Smoking - ChurnMag
We had the Virginia Attorney General rule basically the same thing in 2010. "An e-cigarette does not function in manner of a traditional cigarette because it functions electrically rather than via combustion of a material such as tobacco. Therefore, the vapor emitted by an e-cigarette would not fall within the definition of 'smoke' or 'smoking' in [the state law]," he wrote.

Virginia Politics Blog - Battery-operated cigarettes don't violate smoking ban, Cuccinelli says

http://casaa.org/uploads/Virginia_Ruling_on_E-cigarettes_per_Indoor_Smoking_Ban.pdf

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
As consumers, we should be supporting the consumer advocacy group. If that group chooses to support or work with Industry groups, it is up to us to decide whether or not we support those specific actions. Supposedly VTA has involvement with the Cole-Bishop Amendment, and while there are provisions in that amendment that I do not like, it may be one of those times where compromises are necessary for enough short term gains to keep vaping alive.

I am an idealist, and not one to compromise for no reason, but I can recognize that if 99% of the businesses fail over the next few years, vaping may never recover.

ETA: This is also why I feel it is important to continue to support HR 2058 while supporting Cole-Bishop.
I was thinking tonight that the economic impact might just be one of the best angles to contact our reps about. I mean, aren't we talking about over a billion dollars worth of trade dissapearing from our economy as a side note to an appointed regulatory bodies witch hunt?!? Morals and ethics and peoples right to choose and free will mean nothing to the leeches and ticks that inhabit the capitol city, the only real thing they value is the almighty $$$

Users who are viewing this thread