Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
People, we will continue to fight and hope for the best but we must be prepared for the worst. After you have had a few days to digest this info, come on down to the DIY section and learn how to mix.

I agree 100%. I initially started making my own juice after I learned how cheap the ingredients are. It's really easy to do in addition to saving a ton of money. So regardless if the regs get overturned, stalled in court, or changed, DIY will always be a good skill to have.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I agree 100%. I initially started making my own juice after I learned how cheap the ingredients are. It's really easy to do in addition to saving a ton of money. So regardless if the regs get overturned, stalled in court, or changed, DIY will always be a good skill to have.
As a person who sampled perhaps 200 different e-juices and found only one I can vape all day every day, DIY is not particularly attractive. I wish I were one of those people who like everything. But I'm not.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I am a chiropractor who doesn't vape or smoke. The Royal College of Physicians report is a major tool to change our minds. Personally my mind changed a week ago when a patient told me about it. I urge you to download and print the full report and give it to your doctors and health professionals, telling them your personal stories. Nicotine without smoke: Tobacco harm reduction

Cigarettes are killing 480,000 people in the US every year. That's the equivalent of two to three Boeing 747's going down every day. Vaping has the potential to reduce that by 95%.

People who vape are still a small segment of society. Non-vapors/smokers don't understand you. They are confused and think it's the same as smoking. At the same time most of them have loved ones that they care about who smokes. They know the dangers that smoking is doing to them. They are afraid and worried about their loved ones. Educating them on the RCP report and how this technology can add years to their loved ones lives is another tactic to change public opinion. Give these people the key recommendations for the report (linked above with the report) or a positive article on it.

I totally agree with this. Myself and other members of my family have been able to change the minds of physicians (including a well respected pulmonologist) with our stories and by showing positive scientific evidence to them about vaping. Thank you for being open minded and actually listening to the truth.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
As a person who sampled perhaps 200 different e-juices and found only one I can vape all day every day, DIY is not particularly attractive. I wish I were one of those people who like everything. But I'm not.

I'm exactly the same. Luckily I found a flavor I like a couple of years ago and it's my go to DIY. TFA Key Lime.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I finally broke down and tried the sample of unflavored that I purchased. I like it.

I can get by with just PG/VG and nic. My stockpiling has begun in earnest.

I will buy my favorite liquid until I can't get it anymore. Each purchase will include an extra 100ml bottle that will go into my freezer. I've already done a test on freezing an unopened bottle for over a year. No loss of flavor nor a change, in comparison, to a fresh bottle.

If the nic content changed, it was so minuscule that I didn't notice. Or it could be I just don't need as much nic as I thought. Either way it was a successful experiment.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Wish I could DIY my favorite flavor.

I would strongly suggest that over the next two years you develop a new favorite, one you can mix yourself. Weather you do or don't follow that suggestion, there is a very good chance you "only" one will not be around any way.

Not trying to be harsh here, just real.

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
I finally broke down and tried the sample of unflavored that I purchased. I like it.

I will buy my favorite liquid until I can't get it anymore. Each purchase will include an extra 100ml bottle that will go into my freezer. I've already done a test on freezing an unopened bottle for over a year. No loss of flavor nor a change, in comparison, to a fresh bottle.

If the nic content changed, it was so minuscule that I didn't notice. Or it could be I just don't need as much nic as I thought. Either way it was a successful experiment.

Pure speculation, but companies that make flavorings for food will just remove the section of their web sites that say their products can be used for vaping and it will be business as usual. With a legit food/soap/perfume use, it will be hard for the FDA to stop them from selling those flavorings. Flavorings, VG & PG are the least of my worries.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I found very few pre-made e-liquids that I could stand the taste of. That is the main reason I started making my own. I spent a LOT of time over in the DIY section of ECF and picked up a few recipes. I was able to fine tune those to perfect for my tastes. What I make is much better than anything I bought. It is much easier than lots of folks think.

These regs are not going to affect me. That is one of the good things about being on the downside of life. It was easy for me to set myself and my hubby up with what we will need to continue vaping for as long as we want to with some left over.

I fight for those that are not in my shoes. Those that are just now finding out that the powers that be are trying to put an end to this life saving technology and for those that have not yet discovered this path to being smoke free. I feel like this one thing has the potential of putting an end to smoking but BT, BP and BG are losing way to much money so are fighting tooth and nail to hold on to the money trains they have created.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I'm not sure where I saw this, but Mitch Zeller was quoted stating that the RCP report does not apply to the United States due to skyrocketing youth e-cig usage (supposedly not seen in the UK).

While none of of us wish to see youths becoming nicotine dependent, this statement deserves very close scrutiny....

Certainly multiple studies have shown adolescents using vaping products, and this proportion has increased precisely as tobacco smoking goes down.

The CDC and FDA choose to state that, taken together, tobacco usage remains constant. However, the data sources are not equivalent - the question items used to analyse tobacco smoking ask specifically about daily usage, whereas the

Furthermore, a recent NIDA study shows that 60% of those adolescents are vaping zero nicotine liquids. These can only be considered tobacco products in a legalistic and tautological sense that the deeming regulation itself makes them so!

Accordingly, the real picture is likely to be that very few adolescents are daily-dependent users of vaping products who were previously tobacco-naive. At the same time, cigarette usage has (definitely) plummeted.

In other words, then, the likely story here is that far from being an entry into nicotine addiction, vaping products are associated with the greatest ever decline in youth smoking and that this relationship may well be causative.

The CDC/FDA (and the various health orgs) appear to refuse to countenance this possibility, even though it's a very real one, and very obvious to anyone with a modicum of critical thinking skills.

What's going on here?

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
One way to defeat these regulations is to stack the FDA with people who will reel them back in. Stacking the FDA is done only one way....through the POTUS. So ask yourself given the two presidential candidates running. Who is more likely to reduce or eliminate these regulations....Trump or Clinton?

Ok, I think enough Trump and Clinton have been mentioned to allow me to throw out this:

Gary Johnson or Austin Peterson whichever wins the LP nomination would be strong allies.

And before someone says it, the pragmatic side of me agrees it won't happen in one cycle.
But what you are going to say is a self fulfilling prophecy unless we start to take government back.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I'm not sure where I saw this, but Mitch Zeller was quoted stating that the RCP report does not apply to the United States due to skyrocketing youth e-cig usage (supposedly not seen in the UK).
I have been saying quite frequently and for a long time the uptick in
underage use is due to one thing. The use of disposable fruit flavored
Zero nic cigalikes at parties where they are the must have party favor
at any respectable shin-dig. They go good with the flavored vodka. They
are commonly called party hookah's.
:2c:
Regards
mike

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey

While none of of us wish to see youths becoming nicotine dependent, this statement deserves very close scrutiny....

Certainly multiple studies have shown adolescents using vaping products, and this proportion has increased precisely as tobacco smoking goes down.

The CDC and FDA choose to state that, taken together, tobacco usage remains constant. However, the data sources are not equivalent - the question items used to analyse tobacco smoking ask specifically about daily usage, whereas the

Furthermore, a recent NIDA study shows that 60% of those adolescents are vaping zero nicotine liquids. These can only be considered tobacco products in a legalistic and tautological sense that the deeming regulation itself makes them so!

Accordingly, the real picture is likely to be that very few adolescents are daily-dependent users of vaping products who were previously tobacco-naive. At the same time, cigarette usage has (definitely) plummeted.

In other words, then, the likely story here is that far from being an entry into nicotine addiction, vaping products are associated with the greatest ever decline in youth smoking and that this relationship may well be causative.

The CDC/FDA (and the various health orgs) appear to refuse to countenance this possibility, even though it's a very real one, and very obvious to anyone with a modicum of critical thinking skills.

What's going on here?
We all know how skewed those CDC studies were. They were done to support the FDA'a agenda.Per the study, Any child who vaped at least once in the last 30 days was considered a daily user.
I personally believe, any child who has tried a vape or currently vapes daily, would have tried smoking if vaping was not available.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Looks like vape shops won't be allowed to build coils anymore...
Retailer Overview of FDA Regulations for Selling Tobacco Products
If you operate a vape shop that mixes or prepares liquid nicotine or nicotine-containing e-liquids, or creates or modifies any type of ENDS, you are considered a tobacco product manufacturer and must comply with all of the legal requirements for tobacco product manufacturers.

Of course, that only matters for as long as vape shops continue to exist.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I guess I still can not wrap my head around why the government feels so compelled to over step into slapping all these crazy, obnoxious laws on ecigs. I have yet heard about one case of anyone dying from ecigs, any harm for others in second hand vapor and it being any kind of problem except what's been generated by uneducated ANTZ. I don't get why elected officials feel the need to pounce and waster our tax paying dollars on minuscule "issues" like this versus the plethora of meaningful issues that affect the ENTIRE nation. I'm so thankful I quit smoking and started vaping almost 3 yrs ago. I feel so bad for those who have just now or haven't yet discovered vaping to get off of smokes.

This is obviously about money and they can spin it and package it in shiny wrapping paper with the prettiest bows all they want, but its clear as day laws are being passed that is NOT going to help anyone but those who are rich and are wanting to become richer. I can't tell if they are trying to push this as a health concern, worried about kids/gateway or which stupid excuse they are angling, but they are fooling no one. Our food supply, deadly and addictive pharmaceuticals, crap they put in our drinking water...ALL are health concerns that affect us all. And gateway for kids...PLEASE. Parents need to be responsible for their OWN children. Why do I have to give up my rights for someone's kid? If kids vape, where are THEIR parents?

In other words, why in the world is this such a major focus for the government????? I could think of 100's of issues that are far more pressing, far more needed, affects the entire populous and where I'd want my tax dollars spent by ELECTED officials, by us, than this. These so called special interest groups that push these agendas are driving me insane.

Rant over...drops mike

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is obviously about money and they can spin it and package it in shiny wrapping paper with the prettiest bows all they want, but its clear as day laws are being passed that is NOT going to help anyone but those who are rich and are wanting to become richer.
This answers every question you raised in your post. Make no doubt about it.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Looks like vape shops won't be allowed to build coils anymore...
Retailer Overview of FDA Regulations for Selling Tobacco Products

Of course, that only matters for as long as vape shops continue to exist.
Well, that link is interesting considering they state it all in a current tense not a future tense. This is presumptive at best and down right illegal for them to state at worst considering it doesn't take effect for at least 90 days after official publication in the register.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY

I'd highly recommend sealing the top with 100% Argon, like the wine folks do. Argon will drive out the oxygen in the sealed container, cap it, then seal the container. I transfer bulk packages to 250ML glass amber containers, argon, cap, then seal the seam of the cap with self-fusing silicone tape.

Users who are viewing this thread