Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Wait till you get old kid.
What 59 ain't old? Damn sure feels like it. :lol:
Remember, it's not the ...... 4 or 5 times a night that's so bad, it's the having to stand there and think about it first that truly sux. Nit that I would know anything about it. :lol::lol::w00t::rolleyes::shock:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
RIP Carrie Fisher

Amen. On thing I am forced to comment on that really doesn't have anything to do with her passing. You know you have had a fairly rough life and some really poor plastic surgery when your mother (84) look considerably better than you do. That being said Rest in Peace Princess Lea. Carrie accomplished many good things in her life and will be missed.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Remember, it's not the ...... 4 or 5 times a night that's so bad, it's the having to stand there and think about it first that truly sux. Nit that I would know anything about it. :lol::lol::w00t::rolleyes::shock:

Could be worse...

You could be praying that you make it there !

:lol:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Could be worse...

You could be praying that you make it there !

:lol:
True. Only has happened once. Doc put me on Lunesta for insomnia and I tripped over the TV stand and peed in the clothes hamper and NEVER woke up. Doree informed me of the actions after the fact. She said she was afraid to wake me because of all the myths about never waking a sleep walker. I told her in no uncertain terms to go ahead and risk it. No more to Lunesta for me. Must not be the only one as you don't see them advertising it anymore. ;)

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Amen. On thing I am forced to comment on that really doesn't have anything to do with her passing. You know you you have had a fairly rough life and some really poor plastic surgery when your mother (84) look considerably better than you do. That being said Rest in Peace Princess Lea. Carrie accomplished many good things in her life and will be missed.

I will always remember her as ::

9-iconic-swimsuits-and-bikinis-fb.jpg

Although, in "The Force Awakens" as the General of the Resistance, she did not look too bad ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Roto is only one of the missing......where is our resident bard and guitar man?...:unsure:

Barding is not what it used to be .. ;) .. or what it's cracked up to be .. er, or what it could / should be .. ;) ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Barding is not what it used to be .. ;) .. or what it's cracked up to be .. er, or what it could / should be .. ;) ..
A great deal of history would have been lost to us without the retelling of lives and events by the bards of their time...;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Uncle Willie has me waxing nostalgic...back to a movie that didn't have a wide release. My date took me to see it at a little off campus art theater...

Gigot (1962) - IMDb

This had to be Jackie Gleason's greatest performance. Even if you weren't a fan of his, this is worth watching, and if you have a couple of free hours...it's available on youtube...;)

I guess I never realized what an incredibly talented man Gleason was. He wrote this story.....wrote the music and played the title role...;)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yeah I thought about this a lot yesterday and I think that getting old is not the problem, its not being able to do the things you've enjoyed all your life any more. Plus the fact of not feeling like doing them not feeling like doing anything.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Yeah I thought about this a lot yesterday and I think that getting old is not the problem, its not being able to do the things you've enjoyed all your life any more. Plus the fact of not feeling like doing them not feeling like doing anything.

I have a few years on many here, if not most .. staying vital is as much mental as it is physical .. when the Reaper comes a knockin', I'll have plenty of time to rest .. until then, folks should find new things they enjoy ..

Give of yourself to others that are less fortunate / Paint a Picture / Learn to Play the Banjo (insert any instrument) / Make a New Friend / Learn to Knit / Embroider a Shirt / Do a Podcast / Become an Expert on Something / Mentor a Child / .. I could make a very long list ..

I live in constant pain, my mood swings are extreme, it would be so easy to just stop .. I've been to the point where I was ready, willing and able to just check out .. but when I creak out of the bed every morning, I find a purpose for the day .. that's why I still work six days a week ..

The main thing is, and I don't remember if Jack ever told it, is don't give up .. ever .. and get off the recliner .. ;)

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
“Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.”
“A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.”

I made my semi-regular pilgrimage to Vintage Vinyl, a St Louis Institution a few days back ::

Get Music At Vintage Vinyl Records - CDs, Used CDs, LPs, Digital Downloads, Rare Vinyl Auctions and more!
651ea36dae9d209941b1fb9b878e0896.jpg

As it always does, it took me back, way back .. it reminded me of old friends, records still in their spots, a source of lucid old memories .. I come from a Generation where the Record Store was where a young 16 year old could hang out and attempt to display their Musicology to a wizened shop Owner and at the same time, get educated on what was what as it related to the latest and the greatest .. in the mid to late 1950's and into the 1960's, these were the Mecca's of my Generation .. there were no Mega Stores, although you could catch a few records at the Woolworths .. we had listening booths, a constant flow of material we had never heard would be piped through the shop and I could not always afford to buy something, my friends and I would descend in and gleefully / reverentially thumb thru the racks, reading the sleeve notes .. it laid the basis for my self taught musical education, which stayed with me my entire life .. If it had not been for these amazing spaces, Chuck Berry, Roy Orbison, Elvis, B.B. King, Johnny Cash and oh, so many others would never have existed .. "There are places I remember, all my life .. " .. and, oddly, the rest of the patrons thumbing the racks were your friends as well, for a brief time ..

8e51d53ee8c77aa60e5a3e7507496870.jpg

When I did buy a record, there was nothing like getting it home, flipping on the record player, sliding the vinyl from the sleeve and dropping it on the turntable .. marveling at the luster of the pristine groove .. the lowering of the arm into the groove, knowing it's the first time this particular record had been played .. We had record collections back then

Other than a small resurgence of vinyl over the last few years, these old experiences have gone the way of so many things .. physical browsing replaced by a "Click for Similar Items" .. like an audio Big Mac ..

Thank you for all those memories, Uncle Willy! Wow, made me start thinking of some of the friends back then, the dances. So much fun we had. Very, very glad to see you back with us!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I'll tell a short story ..

Some here may remember I've been a Woodworker for many, many years .. although I do have my Workshop, I also have a pretty good shop at the house .. one weekend, a couple years ago, I was fabricating some picture frames at home, one half of my garage being my home shop ..

A neighbor kid (a rarity to see out and about these days in my neck of the woods, anyway) I noticed was standing across the street and watching me .. it went on for maybe 10 minutes .. finally, I waved the kid over .. he was maybe 10 or 11 .. in my usual curmudgeoning way, I asked him what he was looking at .. and he said "I just wondered what you were doing" .. I said, I'm making something, would you like to help me ..?" So, I put him to work .. when I got done with my project, I said "Would you like to learn to make a birdhouse .. ??" .. of course, he did ..

When we got done, I sent him home with it .. I have rarely seen a child so overjoyed to show his Parents ..

It's the little things .. :)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Random acts of kindness bring good feelings to both the one giving and the one receiving...;)

Today when I took my trash out to the dumpster a man appeared and offered to lift the lid for me.... did I need his assistance? No... but I let him help and thanked him with a smile. He felt good about helping an old white haired woman... and I felt good about the first person to make such an offer in the three years I've lived here..it's a win/win. Little things can mean a lot.

Compliment the frazzled cashier on her manicure when you check out at the market and watch the smile appear.....help the woman frantically searching for unsalted butter for her baking and can't seem to locate it mixed in with all the rest....little things that make others feel better and make you feel better as well....;)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I'll tell a short story ..

Some here may remember I've been a Woodworker for many, many years .. although I do have my Workshop, I also have a pretty good shop at the house .. one weekend, a couple years ago, I was fabricating some picture frames at home, one half of my garage being my home shop ..

A neighbor kid (a rarity to see out and about these days in my neck of the woods, anyway) I noticed was standing across the street and watching me .. it went on for maybe 10 minutes .. finally, I waved the kid over .. he was maybe 10 or 11 .. in my usual curmudgeoning way, I asked him what he was looking at .. and he said "I just wondered what you were doing" .. I said, I'm making something, would you like to help me ..?" So, I put him to work .. when I got done with my project, I said "Would you like to learn to make a birdhouse .. ??" .. of course, he did ..

When we got done, I sent him home with it .. I have rarely seen a child so overjoyed to show his Parents ..

It's the little things .. :)

Willie, you are just good! So nice to see you stop in.. Always a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread