Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It's this simple, if you don't vote for trump, then you are actively in favor of a Hillary presidency, and vice versa. Any other candidates are irrelevant, if you are cool with Hillary being pres, then don't vote for trump, if you can't stand the thought of a career criminal in the Whitehouse, then you MUST vote for trump, any other action would be saying you want her as prez.

Personally I believe she is the antichrist, and Bill is the ..... of Babylon.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.
lmao!

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Well the Kodi seems way too techy for me at least trying to read what all it does. It sounds pretty neat but don't know how long it would take me to get the hang of it.
must be to techie for me too... I installed it on windows and no addons will install... apparently it comes with nothing.
But if you can get it working, and have chromecast, then they say it will work with that.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
must be to techie for me too... I installed it on windows and no addons will install... apparently it comes with nothing.
But if you can get it working, and have chromecast, then they say it will work with that.
Yeah CNET rates the Roku stick the best streaming device and Roku 4 best 4K streaming device.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
I know you like to mention KODI and how it's free and chock full of, er, free content .. the thing is, KODI exists in a grey area .. it was originally designed as a open source media center software, used to access YouTube, Netflix, etc and store your paid content on a HTPC (Home Theater PC) and fully legit .. developers have written add ons which allow access to content that KODI was not originally designed to access .. much of it if not most of it in the gray area of legality or even illegal, period ..

prior to retirement, i worked for an anti-piracy company, as Director of Software Engineering. My job was to catch pirated content providers, and i was fairly good at it. We were hired by all the movie/TV content providers mainly.

currently, it is illegal to stream copyrighted content-- as a provider.

in the U.S. currently, streaming illegally-sourced content as a consumer is perfectly legal. it is considered "fair use".

this assumes you don't use any peer-to-peer protocols (which require you to actually be a provider of bits and pieces, making you a de facto provider)

so, currently using Kodi (or whatever- even a browser) to access any content is perfectly legal in the U.S., whether it is provided legally or not.

Congress is reportedly considering passing a law to make it illegal to consume illegally provided content, but they have not done so yet, AFAIK.

And if they do pass the law, companies like the one i used to work for will still be unable to detect streamers. There is no technology that will do that.

However, the movie and TV companies who used to hire companies like mine will throw tons of money at internet service providers, who will be able to detect streaming consumers.

So, in my case, after the law passes and goes into effect, i'll expect a notification from Comcast, after which i'll reconsider my Kodi/browsing use.

Shades of grey, Willie. Shades of grey :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
@classwife , and all, thank you for the vid. I spent the night at Shands hospital in Gainesville with Geordi's breeder. He husband had a burst aneurysm in his brain while working out at a gym. She was home doing laundry and such cuz they were scheduled to work this weekend (both ER nurses). Ambulance took him to the hospital they work at who quickly air lifted him to Shands. I drove to the hospital. They put in a stent and then to surgery. . Everything went well, but the next 24 hrs are critical. Probably 3 weeks in hospital and who knows how long recovery. It's been a long night, I need to sleep (yea, right!), and am thankful I am home, and will be home, to help.

The video? I was watching and Chrissy said "I love that song!" so she watched too. Brought a smile in an otherwise miserable night. Gotta try and get some sleep. Tasha needs her breakfast by 7:30 am or she will wither to oblivion (spoiled dogs? Naaaaa, not mine!).

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
thanks hun, will watch a vid on this. Do you or have you used one? Do you get sludge in the bottom of the cup if you just use Folgers coffee? Thought about an Aeropress but decided I really didn't want one, but will check this out, much cheaper, kinda the same thing.

thanks. If I go that route I can get an 11 oz one at Amazon.

yes i have one,, not that exact one i linked (i linked it for concept).. there are a few others on amazon. its a treat,, not a dailey thing or i would end up gaining 100 pounds.......i drink a lot of coffee,, so much that i dont seem to care about brands (ashamed to say ,, i am a coffee .....) :wub:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
@classwife , and all, thank you for the vid. I spent the night at Shands hospital in Gainesville with Geordi's breeder. He husband had a burst aneurysm in his brain while working out at a gym. She was home doing laundry and such cuz they were scheduled to work this weekend (both ER nurses). Ambulance took him to the hospital they work at who quickly air lifted him to Shands. I drove to the hospital. They put in a stent and then to surgery. . Everything went well, but the next 24 hrs are critical. Probably 3 weeks in hospital and who knows how long recovery. It's been a long night, I need to sleep (yea, right!), and am thankful I am home, and will be home, to help.

The video? I was watching and Chrissy said "I love that song!" so she watched too. Brought a smile in an otherwise miserable night. Gotta try and get some sleep. Tasha needs her breakfast by 7:30 am or she will wither to oblivion (spoiled dogs? Naaaaa, not mine!).
wow!,, hope everything works out

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Hope he will be ok.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

Nice one !! I had seen that one last year when it was first posted...:) I think most of us are familiar with the version of it by Josh Groban, but.....have you ever heard the first recording of it? ...

Beautiful photography in this video...;)

Just click on "watch on Vimeo"

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's this simple, if you don't vote for trump, then you are actively in favor of a Hillary presidency, and vice versa. Any other candidates are irrelevant, if you are cool with Hillary being pres, then don't vote for trump, if you can't stand the thought of a career criminal in the Whitehouse, then you MUST vote for trump, any other action would be saying you want her as prez.

Personally I believe she is the antichrist, and Bill is the ..... of Babylon.

Sent from a dark, twisted corner of the back porch, covered in cobwebs and slightly damp.
Itz called a toss-up, Catch-22 or conundrum. Your choice. :(

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    HBO. Oh, u meen like with the kodi box? ;)
    I'll repeat. Anything that has ever been broadcast (WORLDWIDE) can be found on kodi. Including live tv, movies and sports. Again... worldwide. Yes, netflix, hulu, roku, whatever. ALL of it. In fact, if you have every box and prime and everything else... they only (barely) scratch the surface of kodi. And... itz still all free.
    Are there some paid apps? Jup. But never found one that had something the free add ons didn't have.
    A Step by Step Guide To KODI and Streaming Movies or TV Shows | WirelesSHack
    Gosh, I followed these instructions and have KODI up and running in 10 min! on my tablet.!! Ty, ty, ty.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    For those who think kodi is illegal. Well it's not but yeah... gray area. Agreed.
    What I consider illegal is a cable company charging $150 a month for "some" of what you want to watch along with a few hundred useless channels. But that's me. YMMV
    FWIW, I really don't do movies much. I'm a tv documentary, ancient tv shows kinda guy. Pretty much things it's not possible to find on cable. Go ahead, find wild wild west, father knows best, leave it to beaver, etc (the list is endless) on your cable box. If kodi ever became a pay service, I'd be first in line to pony up. Kodi vs cable... no contest.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Good morning Porch! A little more coffee & getting my nic on & then I'm off to entertain, & be entertained by, Mackelton T. Corgi until Sunday evening! He's gotten better about my web surfing & leaves me to it unless I start playing videos, or talking on the phone. Apparently I'm not allowed to talk to anyone but him! Gotta get up & get packed to go!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood

oh no hun.......surely hope he'll be ok. Hope you and his wife can get some rest. Please keep us posted.

Good morning Porch! A little more coffee & getting my nic on & then I'm off to entertain, & be entertained by, Mackelton T. Corgi until Sunday evening! He's gotten better about my web surfing & leaves me to it unless I start playing videos, or talking on the phone. Apparently I'm not allowed to talk to anyone but him! Gotta get up & get packed to go!
    awwwww have fun with the Corgi poster boy!

Ken_A

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    For those who think kodi is illegal. Well it's not but yeah... gray area. Agreed.
    What I consider illegal is a cable company charging $150 a month for "some" of what you want to watch along with a few hundred useless channels. But that's me. YMMV
    FWIW, I really don't do movies much. I'm a tv documentary, ancient tv shows kinda guy. Pretty much things it's not possible to find on cable. Go ahead, find wild wild west, father knows best, leave it to beaver, etc (the list is endless) on your cable box. If kodi ever became a pay service, I'd be first in line to pony up. Kodi vs cable... no contest.
    Brighthouse Cable has those shows on METV MeTV Network | Shows

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread