• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome and introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm Mandee. I was diagnosed ADD 9 years ago. Quit smoking 2 years ago and all hell broke loose with it. Went to vaping because I learned Nicotine was one of the first treatments for ADD!! I feel great now! At least I don't have to apologize here if my posts seem disjointed and hard to follow!

Hi I'm Michael,
I have adhd (newly discovered). I really have a hard time with the h part, too. It's weird, I get really restless and bored and have at least 3-5 things going all the time but if I don't have something keeping me busy like reading the 1 of 5 forums (or more) on here or a new Rom to flash on my phone (xda flashaholic) or something else - I literally go crazy.

"I'm a Flashaholic" -
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
Haha, never woulda guessed there would be a group like this here. Yo! Good to see you all here!

I was diagnosed with ADHD (more inattentive than hyperactive) when I was going on 18 and have been on everything for it in these past 4 years. The most effective by far was adderall. That, I thought was a godsend. Everyone took notice when I suddenly wasn't constantly fidgeting/looking around the room, cutting them off mid-sentence (and generally being difficult to converse with,) and spacing out while they were talking to me. Too bad it was so addictive for me. The side-effects sucked too. It got tiresome functioning like a normal person while not eating or sleeping like a normal person. I also came to realize that I'm not a normal person and shouldn't force myself to be one by taking government-approved speed every day. I was more functional on that stuff, but more miserable than I've ever been in my entire life.

It's not so bad having ADHD anyway. People don't think of it like they do other mental disorders. At worst, you're eccentric. At best, your glowing with fascinating energy and creativity that the normies only wish they had access too. I've come to like my ADHD brain. It betrays me sometimes, but I can't say it hasn't taken me down some very interesting paths. That selective hyperfocus isn't so bad, either. It just means that when I'm finally into something, I'm REALLY into it. I don't really think of it so much as a disorder as I do a different way of operating that just doesn't line up well with the way the rest of society is set-up. We see the world a little differently and have different needs, but there's nothing explicitly wrong with us.

...other than the fact that as I sit here typing this, the TV is on (I don't even know whats playing), I am blasting music (singing along sometimes,) and vaping calmly as I bounce across several tabs in my browser. Meanwhile, I'm in another world in my head. I guess most people wouldn't consider that 'calm' but I sure do!

It's funny, when people catch me spacing out, they ask me what I'm thinking and I don't know how to answer. If I could catch all of the thoughts running through my head in those few minutes, they'd have a whole book to read about what I was thinking at that precise moment. And after reading it, they would be certain that I must be on a lot of drugs.

Last edited:

Seef

Jun 26, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Hey guys my names Joe and I'm 23 and I have ADHD. Problems have been apparent since I was in about 3rd grade and I was sent to counseling but was never put on drugs. In school I was always zoning out and would become extremely anxious if I had to sit still for long periods of time. I made it through high school and then started the engineering program at Temple University where I struggled and eventually was put on Focalin, that worked but I was switched to Adderall and that helped too. I was taking that for a while but stopped because I would procrastinate any follow up doctors appointments. Also the come down is absolutely terrible and even though I was doing better in school I wasn't any happier in life. Since then I've learned to embrace who I am and I'm really cracking down on myself to get my life together and I feel as though I have been showing promise as of the past couple years and have had a huge wake up call the past 2 months. I've been slacking with school, I should have been done already but I'm not.

Those are the problems ADHD has caused for me but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'm extremely proud of who I am. I get complemented on how I am almost always smiling. I hardly ever get mad and I have made amazing friends who are all really good people. I get bored easily but when I do get focused on something I put everything I have and then some into it.

Seef

Jun 26, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Hi all, I'm Jason. I was medicated for ADD at a very early age and have struggled with it ever since.

Highschool was the worst because I knew I knew the subject matter I just kept failing because I couldn't concentrate on the homework. That was when I started cutting.

Sorry for triple post but I love this section! The same thing happened to me! I never cut but I completely relied on test scores to pass. Homework is horrible for me. I'm doing online classes for college right now and it's like pulling teeth to really sit down and get them done.

I didn't know there were people who dealt with all this like I do.

SouthWestPayDay

Jul 19, 2013
McKinney
I did this in a disscussion now I am doing in a thread as we have enough membes now !!!!!!!!! :thumbs:
Hello my name is Shelly and I have ADHD. I created this group as place where we multitaskers can come to be together and share our experiances. Feel free to share also please let nme know if you want others to be able to read the group or only members.

Thanks and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm PayDay. I have ADD and ADHD. I never knew what ADD was when I was in school, so I was unsuccessful at it. Dropped out at 18 on my second attempt at 9th grade. Got my GED, got prescribed Ritalin, went to college had a 3.78 GPA the entire time I was there. How do you join the group?

randomhousegir

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Riverton, Utah
I was going to introduce myself but I saw something shiney in the corner.....hold on.............

SOMEBODY is the proud owner of a shiney new penny. Oh yeah!!! ;)

My name is Jordan and I am addicted to anything moving, flashy, or new! I like long walks on the........ok that's old now.

I have read that people with ADHD and ADD are more likely to end up smokers and I totally fell into that bracket. I had the date I quit saved in my phone since I knew I would not remember it but I totally crushed the screen and now I will never remember what day I quit..... BUT it has been MONTHS since my last cigarette and I couldnt be more pleased with the results. My daughter is happy I quit and glad my breath isnt horrible like "smoke" anymore and I have already noticed major differences. Even my wife says I used to wheeze in my sleep to a point that it made her worry (I smoked at least a pack and a half a day) and now I am so quiet she sometimes wonders if I am even breathing.

I love vaping, I love making my own juices, I love sticking it to the man (big tobacco) and I love.....pie?

I honestly think that ADD/ADHD is just a super focus on multiple objects at once and I feel that I have "mastered my mutant powers" and have even been known to finish 2 projects at once using both hands!!

I hope to stay off "analogs" and eventually go down to 0nic blends. I dont think I can ever stop having smoke come out of my mouth because I LOVE feeling like a dragon hahaha

So.....I guess that is my long winded (adhd style) way of saying...... Hello :)

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Just found this group. Hello from Central Alabama. 49 Year Old Add'er here. Diognosed a few years back and glad to see there is a forum supporting people with this advantage. Been on the No Smoking thing for about 2 weeks and I am finding all kinds of new and shiney things to keep myself preoccupied with other then a stinking cigarette. I have seen alot of people who have been vaping for a while and pictures they have taken of their "equipment" and wondered if they have ADD as well and just like collecting the bright and shiney mods. At any rate, glad to come here and hope to meet some good folks.

If I sent you a friend request, it is because I come here to make new friends and this forum seems like a good place to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread