Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi, Andria, I've been reading this Tootle Puffer thread for the past four days-- it's like a novella! :lol:
I've been vaping since April 4, and am happy to say that I haven't smoked in those six weeks. I started off with the evod 2 starter kit, and quickly found I wanted something with a longer battery life. I got the Sigelei 30w with a nautilus mini tank and LOVE it so far. Now I find myself wanting to "vapocalize" myself for the just in case situations that could come in the future. It's so maddening that the freedom I've found is being challenged on so many fronts. I mean, I JUST got my first taste of the good life!! :(

I want to buy a tank to use with rebuildable coils that is SIMPLE. from what I've been reading, there are just so many options! As a loud and proud tootle puffer, I don't want/need to build subohm... Just something similar to what I get with my nauti. I keep it at about 8.3 watts currently and enjoy the taste and vapor tremendously.

You use a Kayfun.... But they are soooo pricey for me. Do you buy clones, and if so, where? The KF Lite is what caught my attention.

Anybody else, please feel free to express your thoughts and advice, too. A girl needs all the help she can get-- just remember, go easy on me, 'cause I'm clueless here! :blush: So wonderful to have this community and looking forward to being a part of it!

Kelley

Oh definitely clones, I don't have 3-figure disposable income. :D I've gotten 2 on eBay, but getting vape gear on eBay has gotten to be pretty chancy, eBay seems completely schizophrenic on the subject of vape gear. My favorite clones are Tobeco, and the best possible kayfun, to me, is a tobeco kayfun lite plus, or KFL+ -- also EHPro makes a pretty decent KFL+ but I prefer the tobecos; not a great deal of difference, but the tobecos seem to have slightly better threading, slightly better airflow (and control of the airflow -- I'm strictly a mouth-to-lung tootler!), AND best of all, you can loosen the 510 screw slightly with tobecos if you need to make it a bit longer, without it loosening the coil-mounting block and playing hell with the resistance of the coil -- with either the EHpro or authentic kayfuns, you can't loosen that screw without loosening that block.

My most recent kayfun was from here: Kayfun Lite Plus Black by Tobeco - RBA-Vapor Store - RBA Vapor Store -- $20. Before that, I got an EHpro from sweet-vapes.com for $25; I see they're now down to $15.95, but they're also out of stock. My 2 stainless KFL+'s, I got from a vendor on ebay, but I know he's been out of stock on those for a while -- last summer they were $32.95 each, so you see how the prices are dropping, since the new kayfun v4's came out. I don't recommend them for someone new to building; I hear they're finicky as all hell, and not nearly as simple nor as good as the KFL+

Just google "kayfun lite plus" or "tobeco kayfun lite plus" -- a lot of places do still have them, but at this point, you shouldn't pay more than about $25 for them.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I meant to add... I've used coils in my kayfuns anywhere from 1.3Ω to 2.0Ω; anywhere in that range is generally where kayfuns perform best. About the only real difference I've found in that range is that the lower resistance ones, 1.3-1.6Ω, produce just a bit more vapor than in the higher range, and the vape is a little warmer; I use "Ming" or "dynasty" (vase-shaped) driptips that are pretty large (but the "bore" isn't terribly wide), so there's a good distance between my mouth and the coil, so the additional warmth doesn't burn me. I nearly always run right around 10w, on whatever mod I'm using. It's an amazing tootle, even with my 84% PG! :thumb:

Andria

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
That's a great tip, USMC! For me, "accident prone" is putting it MILDLY!!! :D Good to know it's not heavy though. :thumb:

I dropped my pink iStick30 twice, the first day I had it. Fortunately it wasn't wearing a topper either time.

Andria
Just prior to getting my first kanger sub tank, I was in the market for a new rebuildable tank...... Picked up the lemo, and immediately said, nope.... Not for me. It was too light, Pyrex to thin. I'd have that broken in one day out with the horses :p
My out in the barn setup is a panzer clone with a full size sub tank.....a heavy combo, but hasn't broken yet :p

KelleyVapes

May 17, 2015
Thank you for your insight, Bikenstein... I do love flavor more than vapor, so I definitely am looking for something that I can rebuild easily. I am not interested in dripping though. I love the tank delivery system personally. Does the Lemo allow you to build non-subohm coils (not sure if this is the correct terminology, but, eh...)?

Katy's, I really appreciate your in-depth response and helpful links. I am going to check it all out! I think I may need a Yihi chip for my brain to help process all of this!! :pervy:

Kelley

Edit: Dang auto-correct!! I meant to say "Katya"... Sorry bout that.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My favorite clones are Tobeco

Andria--you really should try the Tobeco K4 clone. The best Kayfun I've ever tried. Ridiculously easy top fill. You can work on the deck without emptying the tank. Adjustable airflow. My KL2+ is gathering dust...

Oh, and no whistle. The thing purrs like a kitten. Out of this world...

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Thank you for your insight, Bikenstein... I do love flavor more than vapor, so I definitely am looking for something that I can rebuild easily. I am not interested in dripping though. I love the tank delivery system personally. Does the Lemo allow you to build non-subohm coils (not sure if this is the correct terminology, but, eh...)?

Katy's, I really appreciate your in-depth response and helpful links. I am going to check it all out! I think I may need a Yihi chip for my brain to help process all of this!! :pervy:

Kelley

Edit: Dang auto-correct!! I meant to say "Katya"... Sorry bout that.
You can build whatever you like in it. What kind of battery/mod do you use?

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
all this talk of new tanks and with my birthday in 3 days seems very fitting. I think I just will stay with my mini Nautilus "tootle" tank and stock up on some unflavored nic and more flavors..... better than Baskin Robin's here..... 79 flavors and slowly building up. Although I might just have to get a new tank for my flavored tootle puffs. I haven't had any of that since last September.

KelleyVapes

May 17, 2015
Oh definitely clones, I don't have 3-figure disposable income. :D I've gotten 2 on eBay, but getting vape gear on eBay has gotten to be pretty chancy, eBay seems completely schizophrenic on the subject of vape gear. My favorite clones are Tobeco, and the best possible kayfun, to me, is a tobeco kayfun lite plus, or KFL+ -- also EHPro makes a pretty decent KFL+ but I prefer the tobecos; not a great deal of difference, but the tobecos seem to have slightly better threading, slightly better airflow (and control of the airflow -- I'm strictly a mouth-to-lung tootler!), AND best of all, you can loosen the 510 screw slightly with tobecos if you need to make it a bit longer, without it loosening the coil-mounting block and playing hell with the resistance of the coil -- with either the EHpro or authentic kayfuns, you can't loosen that screw without loosening that block.

My most recent kayfun was from here: Kayfun Lite Plus Black by Tobeco - RBA-Vapor Store - RBA Vapor Store -- $20. Before that, I got an EHpro from sweet-vapes.com for $25; I see they're now down to $15.95, but they're also out of stock. My 2 stainless KFL+'s, I got from a vendor on ebay, but I know he's been out of stock on those for a while -- last summer they were $32.95 each, so you see how the prices are dropping, since the new kayfun v4's came out. I don't recommend them for someone new to building; I hear they're finicky as all hell, and not nearly as simple nor as good as the KFL+

Just google "kayfun lite plus" or "tobeco kayfun lite plus" -- a lot of places do still have them, but at this point, you shouldn't pay more than about $25 for them.

Andria
Thank you so much for all the info, Andria.... You're awesome!

KelleyVapes

May 17, 2015
You can build whatever you like in it. What kind of battery/mod do you use?
I have the Sigelei 30w... I went with it because of the price and for the fact that it just felt better-built in my hand than the istick 30. Plus all of the problems the 50watt is having, I didn't wanna borrow trouble.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I use IMGUR for any photo's but here is one linked from my DropBox. It looks like it will not put the image or preview here on ECF.

Dropbox - Wednesday, Jan 1, 2014

Hmm... so Dropbox really wouldn't suit my needs for posting pics here; that's good to know, since I can just hotlink from my own hosting acct. Guess I better keep my unlimited bandwidth acct. :D

Andria

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
we will banish you to "the porch" with all the other old codgers! :lol:
grrr Pigtail , Shake Skillet.gif
codgers...maybe.....old..heck no!! lol

Guess - AIl I have left then are "My" Heredity, Gender, and Sexual Identity/Orientation to impress Ya' . . .
proud-smiley-emoticon.gif
you had me at emoticon! It was love at first smiley!!
kiss pt blows heart kiss.gif

OH MY - How about stuffed Dates, especially with walnuts and rolled in sugar . . .
(BTW: Knew the was a reason why I "LIKE" Ya' . . . :wub: ))
never had those, but sound yummy!! Love me some dates!!

I hope I never get banished to the porch, they ran me outta there last year. I'll be 54 tomorrow, but I guess I'm just too young. Go figger! :D
that surprises me. Wasn't cuz of age, and must been when i was offline for awhile cuz I've never seen em run anyone off. Unless there's another porch that has mean folks! lol The porch was the first place I found when I joined ECF 3 years ago, and we're like family. Sorry that happened though. Just can't imagine it.

The Hellboy atty makes juice taste good though :)
Was wondering about the hell boys. Don't care for the graphics on em, but like the 4 post design. I saw you got a Reo today.....whoop!! Did you get a bottom fed HB? Also to you and v troll what builds do y'all put in your marquis?

The Marquis is a top contender for flavor, or the clone I tried was
I tried it once when I first got it and first built coils, then started using others, got stuck on the nuppin for flavor. I think I put a single twisted .9 ohm coil in, but it wasn't so good. Of course, it was like the 3rd coil I'd ever built, and I never went back to it. But many have said the marquis is a great flavor atty. How do you build yours?

I've been vaping since April 4, and am happy to say that I haven't smoked in those six weeks.
Wahooooooo!!!!!! and welcome!!!
Welcome to you also Rat_ (forgot the last part of your name, knew I should have quoted it)

all this talk of new tanks and with my birthday in 3 days seems very fitting.
Happy early birthday!!!! hope you have a great one!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I have the Sigelei 30w... I went with it because of the price and for the fact that it just felt better-built in my hand than the istick 30. Plus all of the problems the 50watt is having, I didn't wanna borrow trouble.
Good choice. The Lemo will work fine. The Sigelei will fire to .5 ohms but I know you want to go higher. 1.5 or whatever. I've even done nickel builds at .087 in mine. It should feel pretty well balanced on the 30. The top fill is the deal too. It's a well machined piece with a snug air flow adjustment and juice fill port. I haven't broken mine yet and I'm pretty rough on equipment. But the ladies know where the deals are. :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Welcome Kelly. I'm with Andrea on clones. Ecig clones are no different than any other knockoff. I bit on 2 of them and gave them both away. That Nautilus you have is a great tank especially with the bvc coils. I love the 3 I have. I just got a GS Air that I like even better. I got it from fasttech and with the tank the box of coils and shipping it came to $16.53. It took a week to get here which amazed me.

Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack)
Item# 2096700 $7.49 USD 1 $7.49 USD
Authentic Eleaf GS Air Bottom Coil Clearomizer
Item# 2034201 $8.65 USD 1 $8.65 USD
Shipping Upgrade (USEXP)
$0.39 USD 1 $0.39 USD
total $16.53 USD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria--you really should try the Tobeco K4 clone. The best Kayfun I've ever tried. Ridiculously easy top fill. You can work on the deck without emptying the tank. Adjustable airflow. My KL2+ is gathering dust...

Oh, and no whistle. The thing purrs like a kitten. Out of this world...

I've been looking into it, but I'm still a bit reluctant; it seems to have so many more parts, and be a lot more finicky to build on, and I'm not at all sure the airflow could be closed off enough to suit me. And of course the price, compared to the older model; I'm a champion tightwad. :D

Mine don't whistle anymore; about the only time I may hear it is if I adjust the airflow at all -- when I first got my Magma, I started opening my KFL+'s a bit, to make them have matching vapes, and for a week all my kayfuns were whistling again. :D And I think the slightly more-open airflow also helps to keep the whistling down; it encourages a softer draw, so there's not so much air gusting thru it.

Andria

KelleyVapes

May 17, 2015
Welcome Kelly. I'm with Andrea on clones. Ecig clones are no different than any other knockoff. I bit on 2 of them and gave them both away. That Nautilus you have is a great tank especially with the bvc coils. I love the 3 I have. I just got a GS Air that I like even better. I got it from fasttech and with the tank the box of coils and shipping it came to $16.53. It took a week to get here which amazed me.

Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf GS Air Clearomizer (5-Pack)
Item# 2096700 $7.49 USD 1 $7.49 USD
Authentic Eleaf GS Air Bottom Coil Clearomizer
Item# 2034201 $8.65 USD 1 $8.65 USD
Shipping Upgrade (USEXP)
$0.39 USD 1 $0.39 USD
total $16.53 USD
I agree with you on the mini nauti... I truly love it! I just want to have something as a backup in case Vapocalypse comes down. :shock:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Deb, I just got the Marquis and Hellboy today. They have both been modded for BF. I haven't built the Marquis yet. I did a .3 dual in the HB and it is chuckin puffin! :)
that's too low for me. Tried .59 one time and didn't care for it. Most of the marquis thread I read was lower ohm builds, so wondering if you need that to get the flavor. Glad you're lovin the hellboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread