Are you done stocking up?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Thanks that helps! I knew I didn't go thru many, I should write these down when I recoil :) I know for rayon I am still on the first 3 ft I got two years ago! The stuff lasts :)
edit- so 100 coils should last 10 yrs or more

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Has anyone kept track of how many coils you go thru in a year? I haven't but wish I had.
For drop ins I took the usual length of time I get, cut it in half and used that to figure out how many I would need per year ( cut in half was to accommodate possible dead coils in a pack ). RTAs I recoil and rewick once a week, sometimes I push it to two . But I use kanthal and rayon.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
With unflavored liquid, I get 4-6 weeks out of pretty much any drop in coil I've used. This is using that tank as my daily vaping device. When vaping DTL 3mg 70VG juice, I go through about 120ml a week. So I can get a year out of a dozen coils no problems.

I'm relying on my rebuildables being my only toppers for now. I do have 5 of my favorite tanks (a few of each) that I have drop in coils and RBAs for. So if I run out of coils for one of them, I can switch to the RBA.

I'm just planning on using my rebuildables for the forseeable future. Tanks using drop ins will be reserved for when I get older and it may be difficult for me to build my own. Even then, if I stay on unflavored juice, I have 40-80 drop in coils for each of those tanks.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Has anyone kept track of how many coils you go thru in a year? I haven't but wish I had.

Me: Roughly 6 to 10, plus and a few dozen wicks.

But much depends on the juice one vapes. If I stuck to nothing but unflavored juice, I could probably get down to 2 to 4 coils and a dozen or so wicks. Now if I were using pre-made coil/wick (atomizer) assemblies, then I expect I'd need a new one as often as I currently need a new wick.

Thanks that helps! I knew I didn't go thru many, I should write these down when I recoil :) I know for rayon I am still on the first 3 ft I got two years ago! The stuff lasts :)
I only started with RTA's and RBA's about 6-7months ago. When I started I wasnt sure how much wire I would use so I bought 100ft/30m rolls of gauges I thought I "might" use. 26ga,28ga,30ga and 32ga.
If I knew then what I know now :D I doubt Ive even used 3ft out of the 400ft I started with 6months ago and most of its been the 28ga.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I just tried the Berserker, I have to say it is good, but so far not as smooth as the Kayfun plus to me, but good.
I don't recall if you tried the Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA, but it beats anything else I tried.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
It varies a lot for me, especially using drop-in coils. One more reason to build your own coils!
With unflavored liquid, I get 4-6 weeks out of pretty much any drop in coil I've used. This is using that tank as my daily vaping device. When vaping DTL 3mg 70VG juice, I go through about 120ml a week. So I can get a year out of a dozen coils no problems.

I'm relying on my rebuildables being my only toppers for now. I do have 5 of my favorite tanks (a few of each) that I have drop in coils and RBAs for. So if I run out of coils for one of them, I can switch to the RBA.

I'm just planning on using my rebuildables for the forseeable future. Tanks using drop ins will be reserved for when I get older and it may be difficult for me to build my own. Even then, if I stay on unflavored juice, I have 40-80 drop in coils for each of those tanks.
I was going to do that. But, the CLR's are just so good! Problem is, I've gotten even more out of practice building my own coils because of the CLR's. I need to try to stick to RBA's so I stay in practice!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I just tried the Berserker, I have to say it is good, but so far not as smooth as the Kayfun plus to me, but good.

I have .67 coil in it and I may like it better with a higher ohm build. First time I used SS coil too.
Sometimes I try a new tank on several different mods to see which one is the best. One would think it makes no difference, but it does although I cannot tell you why. LOL

:)

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
It varies a lot for me, especially using drop-in coils. One more reason to build your own coils!

I was going to do that. But, the CLR's are just so good! Problem is, I've gotten even more out of practice building my own coils because of the CLR's. I need to try to stick to RBA's so I stay in practice!
Stay in practice by rebuilding the CLRs :)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
That's what I need a spread sheet, I use excel daily why I never did one for vaping is beyond me!

I started it shortly after I put the wrong juice in the wrong tank.

I keep everything vape related on it

Sheet one. Tanks about 25. flavor and start date, coil replacement date

Sheet two Money's spent and total savings. Split out juice cost, diy cost. provari cost. stash cost.

Also in there. Spare parts lists listing sizes for o'ring and such. Flavor and juice inventory. Recipes to make, recipes made and failed recipes

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Sheet two Money's spent and total savings. Split out juice cost, diy cost. provari cost. stash cost.

Also in there. Spare parts lists listing sizes for o'ring and such. Flavor and juice inventory. Recipes to make, recipes made and failed recipes
What a great idea! Wish I had been that organized :) I did find my Provari orders, so I know what I spent there.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
That's what I need a spread sheet, I use excel daily why I never did one for vaping is beyond me!

I've got one going now for recipes. Not very complicated. I have 3 copies, with five recipes on each. One will fit on the comp screen while I'm mixing. It calculates the amount of each flavoring from % and the total volume of the mix ,and tells me how much premixed base to use. It does some calculations for PG / VG ratio and nic % but I don't need that any more.

Apart from that I use a Word table for tanks, showing what coil and juice they have in them and when the wick and coil were last changed. Thought about keeping a historical record of coil and wick changes but can't see any point. Another Word table to record mixes. That's useful because it lets me figure out how much juice I'm going through. At least averaged over a year. It's not much use over short time periods because some months I mix a lot and other months none.

I've got an inventory file for hardware but it's not even a table, just a list.

I've also keep a vaping diary. Sometimes I skim through it and have a laugh about all the times I thought I was finished buying new stuff. Like the time I got my first vape mail. A Spinner and a PT2 mini. Entry said now I won't have to buy any more hardware so I can start figuring out how to make juice.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I once had a file for flavor and juice inventory, but it was too much bother to keep updated so it wasn't much use.

I could probably figure out all I've spent because I saved all my vape related emails. It would take a long time to extract all the info though. A lot of emails and most orders have multiple emails for order and shipping and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread